NRL 2022 Finals Week 2 Discussion

Sharpies don't look like they knowvwhis running their attack.

The Broncos were 3-0 against these two teams in 2022. Yet the divide between us and them is massive. RL is a funny 'ol game.
My 10 year old actually commented how different the game is with a good 9. He doesn’t usually comment on the nuts and bolts of games, but even he can see the difference it gives a team.

That's clearly a bunker call... why are they allowed to get involved in the general play now???

How did the ref think that’s a drop out. Eyes painted on

The Broncos were 3-0 against these two teams in 2022. Yet the divide between us and them is massive. RL is a funny 'ol game.
The divide between the Broncos of Round 10 and Round 25 is massive.

Sharks effort has been poor for such a big game. Souths haven't even been that good

Cronulla have nothing left in the tank. Their middle third is incredibly soft and Souths should be ahead by more at half-time. I think Souths made it more complicated for themselves than they've had to and if they just continue to attack the middle they'll run away with it.

Cronulla need to fix their right-side attack. That's where the Bunnies are vulnerable yet their passing game has been way off the mark down that end.

Souths have been by far the better side but they’ve had a couple of 2nd half collapses this season as well, hoping Cronulla can make a game of it.

They’ve had a really good season and going out in straight sets would obviously not be ideal.

Not saying they've won the game yet. But I'd be keen to hear people's thoughts on JD coaching performance at the rabbits.

I recall when they were struggling alot of chat been thrown towards the whole "Wayne Bennet and Jason Demetiou" succession plan and how glad they were we didn't go with that option.

Again its only early days into his couching career but I'd be keen to see how much of the Rabbits success people attribute to what JD has done and how much is just carry over from what Wayne did to the club?

And would anyone turn back time and accept Wayne's plan to hand the Broncos over to JD?

This is looking like it's going to be a carve up and I don't necessarily think it's because of fatigue.

It doesn't look like the sharks have another gear to go with rabbits... their linespeed is lacking and the only player they have that can generate a quick ptb is McInness.

Their middle is struggling with no Hunt and Talakai missing from the yardage game... I thought it would be telling when Toby would have to go off, because Tolman and Fifita can't carry a prop rotation in a semi final, but they haven't even made it to that point and they're 18-0 down.

Their attack is stuttering all over the place and they don't appear to go play on play, instead having to throw a settler in after every backline move.

Looking like they overachieved this season thanks to the NSWRL 'draw' and probably should've been in that bottom half of the top 8 instead.

Not saying they've won the game yet. But I'd be keen to hear people's thoughts on JD coaching performance at the rabbits.

I recall when they were struggling alot of chat been thrown towards the whole "Wayne Bennet and Jason Demetiou" succession plan and how glad they were we didn't go with that option.

Again its only early days into his couching career but I'd be keen to see how much of the Rabbits success people attribute to what JD has done and how much is just carry over from what Wayne did to the club?

And would anyone turn back time and accept Wayne's plan to hand the Broncos over to JD?
They were going like bustards until Latrell came back and went on a Turbo'esque tear to drag them into relevance.

It feels like they haven't really been tested since he came back... Their game against storm earlier was minus Paps, and no BSmith, against Panthers there was no Cleary, against cows was in Sydney... but then they lose to rorters easily in the last week of the comp.

Last week was going to be a good chance to see where they were at after losing to rorters, but they lost their head thanks to Victor and blew up any chance of an actual football contest.

Next week vs Panthers will see where they're at

Given how well Seibold went in the same system it's hard to judge, he has done well but I would like to see how he goes next season.

as far as I'm aware, souths have all their coaching staff sorted Bennett only brought in JD the rest was all there already, so it's a team suitable for someone to just come in and perform.

Active Now

• Manlyman
  • NSW stables
  • Broncs1459
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.