NRL 2022 Grand Final Discussion

so apparently when it comes to suspending a player for a finals match (off field incident), Vlandy's will delay that suspension "FOR THE FANS"

But when it comes tor changing the GF timeslot back to an afternoon game, that the vast majority of fans want ... that won't happen. his claim that it's proven that more people watch sport at night is false. what he means is that the TV ratings are higher at night because there is less chance of big GF BBQ's on a Sunday night than during the day.

anyway Rothfied is reporting that, in response to a DT poll showing 85% of the respondents want the GF to be played during the day, the moron in charge has said the following:

“At the end of the day, you’ve got to get the most eyeballs watching the grand final,” V’landys said. “Grand finals are a huge opportunity to promote the game and it’s proven that more people watch sport at night.

“We need to maximise our audience with major events. You might get some casual fans who will become rusted-on fans. At this stage, there are no plans to change it.”

It's not just the NRL GF you have to take into consideration.

There's the interstate championship, the NRLW GF.. You have the NRL GF on a day time slot, you've got those games being played far too early.

The ratings for a night time GF compared to a day time GF would be larger.

It's not just the NRL GF you have to take into consideration.

There's the interstate championship, the NRLW GF.. You have the NRL GF on a day time slot, you've got those games being played far too early.

The ratings for a night time GF compared to a day time GF would be larger.

of course the ratings are larger which is why they won't change it. doesn't mean that more people watch at night than during the day.

I still remember those GF day BBQ's. (that are likely far less frequent now that it is a Sunday Night Timeslot)

the day would start about 10 am with the u21's, followed by the reserve grade, concluding with the main game (same amount of games played as we have now) ...

you'd have 10 - 20 people around a big screen TV (quite often rented for the day, since they aren't as common as today (at least for the BBQ's i went to). BBQ going, cold beers / soft drink. kick of the footy between matches ...

ahhhh, those were the days

Is there some reason the team logos / colours aren’t pained on the field and in-goals ?

is that offensive or politically incorrect in 2022 ?

Wait where is Gamble? No point in watching this now tbh

Going for the Eels today, in the male and female games.

Is there some reason the team logos / colours aren’t pained on the field and in-goals ?

is that offensive or politically incorrect in 2022 ?
Would it be something to do with them just adding it in later in the tv broadcast?

Saw article "Is Cleary better then JT, Joey and Alfie"?, he will be elavated to Immortal status if they gain a victory.

IMG 20221002 WA0087

Saw article "Is Cleary better then JT, Joey and Alfie"?, he will be elavated to Immortal status if they gain a victory.

Crazy talk. I mean that's the media for you but jeez - you have to dominate for a decade to even be considered in those discussions. And at every level.

Hope the Knights women’s team lose and lose hard, Boyle and Upton with shockers.

A bit the same. Petty perhaps but that's what I'm feeling. I like Teitzel and Dibb though.

Go the Eels.

Hope those traitors lose, just like when we flogged the Dragons after they ‘2008 Bulldog-ed’ us after the first season

What is everyone eating/drinking tonight?

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Nerd
  • marw
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Xzei
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • big k
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.