NEWS NRL 2022 is go

Id argue that they have a significantly better spine than us, even with the loss/gain of Reynolds. If you think Rabbitohs are no chance of making the 8 than nor are we. If Reynolds is injured we’re cooked too.

They have the games best and only 80 minute hooker. A top 3 fullback. The best 5/8 in the game. If you were going to debut a rookie halfback you probably couldn’t ask for a better spine to do it in.
I remember when Michael Morgan finished the year as the best half in the game too..

think the storm will come right back to the pack NAS,Hynes and addo-carr are big outs for them coupled with the extra scrutiny from there off season antics could well see them outside the top 4.
Naa. They'll be fine again this year. Please.. Smith, Cronk and Slater were huge losses before remember?

Not sure what your point is
Well he didn't do too great the next year after his golden streak.

Walker will struggle without a genuine half beside him. Plus he's a hot head.. put him off and they're toast

Naa. They'll be fine again this year. Please.. Smith, Cronk and Slater were huge losses before remember?
Time will tell not the depth they had last year so it isnt unreasonable to suggest they will fall away.

Time will tell not the depth they had last year so it isnt unreasonable to suggest they will fall away.
It's the storm... When they have their depth chopped away they always have something else growing behind the scenes. Constantly underrated.

Imagine if someone called in last year's preseason..

"if Pappenhauzen goes down the storm have no chance"

to then have someone reply,

"yeah but you have Niko Hynes ready to have a golden patch of form and almost push paps or of the side"

You'd laugh them off the message board

Do you think there side is better this year than last?
Every next season we start their team gets "worse" on paper - that's my point... Their depth is always glowing up behind the scenes.

They had the best win record for how many years? With Bsmith and Grant out on an off, Munster on the piss and not there mentally, Finucane is injured more than not, Kami didn't play half the season, Papy out still they where leading the comp. Storm find a way, may be paper bags but they do it!

I feel Top 4 is a little eager for us, but I feel we can push the top 8, I see a drop from souths/Eels. I think Teams watch and target Manly (DCE/Turbo). I think Titans/Sharks lucky to scrape last year, but could battle it out (Both questionable factors, Sharks new coach and key signings may take a while to click, Titans a lot of cash spent on Tino and Dfifi, new spine and crap hookers)

I feel Arey/Capwell/James/Lee are great signings for us. Arey probably no1 in the NRL. Guys like Lee/Pariera/Mead and the ex tigers guy on development will keep Oates honest and make him work. Good battle for 6 as well, with experience and youth. James and Capwell are decent experienced heads to lead Haas/Carrigan/Fleg/Kennedy/TC/Palasia to that next step.
Ikin/odonough may be the signings that turn the club around.

Well he didn't do too great the next year after his golden streak.

Walker will struggle without a genuine half beside him. Plus he's a hot head.. put him off and they're toast
Oh I see. Well Walker has been in the top 3 five eights since about 2017 so it isn’t exactly a purple patch as much as it is about 5 years or being elite. He has benefit from being next to Reynolds no doubt but he’s a genuinely great player.

Oh I see. Well Walker has been in the top 3 five eights since about 2017 so it isn’t exactly a purple patch as much as it is about 5 years or being elite. He has benefit from being next to Reynolds no doubt but he’s a genuinely great player.
Exactly... With Reynolds there.

He's not going to get the space on a platter anymore

the biggest question mark over Souths is, will their spine (as good as it is) have the same impact without Reynolds game management?

as good as the rest of them are, they are all primarily runners of the footy.

Reasons why Rabbitohs miss the 8:

Bennett hangover & Rookie Coach

No Reynolds

No other genuine half to partner Walker

No Gagai

They start the year without Latrell in a first up game against Reynolds.

They then play the roosters once Latrell returns and there will be blood..

That will be enough to mount pressure on the new coach and on Cody Walker as the new premier half of the team.

0-2 will they recover?

No Reynolds

No Gagai

That will be enough to mount pressure on the new coach and on Cody Walker as the new premier half of the team.

0-2 will they recover?
The Bennett hangover will finally be decided as myth or fact. I just cant see Latrell and Walker keeping the side running all season.

No Reynolds

No Gagai

0-2 will they recover?

They're doomed. They will be all over the media following Reynolds dismantling them, getting blasted for letting him go (especially when it's to our benefit) and the so called Bennett hangover which will set the tone for the rest of the season. They will be very lucky to finish above 10th. It's a trial by fire for Demetriou, that's for sure.

They're doomed. They will be all over the media following Reynolds dismantling them, getting blasted for letting him go (especially when it's to our benefit) and the so called Bennett hangover which will set the tone for the rest of the season. They will be very lucky to finish above 10th. It's a trial by fire for Demetriou, that's for sure.
I think they have a great team still. They have a good young halfback in Ilias who will keep them in the top 8. JD’s hardest job will be managing Mitchell - Bennett barely kept him in line, both on and off the field.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.