NRL 2022 Round 1 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008

Fox Sports: ‘Not one of the big clubs’: Titans coach takes aim at officials in fiery post match rant. ‘Not one of the big clubs’: Titans coach takes aim at officials in fiery post match rant

There's whinging, and then there's the Tits.

Aren't they still owned by the NRL?

How many goes at a team do the Gold Coast get, they have already failed as the titans and gone bankrupt, had to hand their license over to the NRL, the whole GC area is a failed history of trying to get a team off the ground.

Surely the Sunshine coast or central QLD like Mackay or Rockhampton would have been better choices

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004

How many goes at a team do the Gold Coast get, they have already failed as the titans and gone bankrupt, had to hand their license over to the NRL, the whole GC area is a failed history of trying to get a team off the ground.

Surely the Sunshine coast or central QLD like Mackay or Rockhampton would have been better choices

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

Ego. It would give the AFL a free kick in the PR department even though the Suns aren't that popular either.

Fox Sports: ‘Not one of the big clubs’: Titans coach takes aim at officials in fiery post match rant. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...1/news-story/bdd05d42c332879d17db0d23f53964e6

There's whinging, and then there's the Tits.
Would have been nice to to see Annesley address what Holbrook said rather than literally just go over Campbell's attempted try saver and saying it was a bad look for the game when Moses took 2 minutes to kick from in front at the end. What about the calls that actually effected the game? Paulo's knock on, Moses' hit on the neck of Sami or the captains challenges etc. What a waste of time.

I don't know what you expected Annesley to say? Holbrook said the head referee can't pick and choose but the referee does have that power. In regards to the Will Smith and Issac Liu situations, they're different situations and in the video referees view, Will Smith lost the ball attempting to interfere with Moses.

In my opinion it should have been a penalty to Titans for the leg pull by Penisini. Tackle was complete and Penisini drags Smith's body the wrong way. Atkins should have ruled it that way in the first place.

2.jpg

Not since 2017.

I think he looks disinterested.

Payten is Paul Green lite. The players just dont get him.

I think he’s more like Seibold.

Thinks he knows best when he actually has no idea. Don’t know why anyone ever rated him as a coach

Total fraud

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
I think he’s more like Seibold.
Or more like Seinfeld, the way he's used Taumololo has been quite funny.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

Would have been nice to to see Annesley address what Holbrook said rather than literally just go over Campbell's attempted try saver and saying it was a bad look for the game when Moses took 2 minutes to kick from in front at the end. What about the calls that actually effected the game? Paulo's knock on, Moses' hit on the neck of Sami or the captains challenges etc. What a waste of time.

What would you prefer:

(a) The question be ignored, or
(b) Them going out of their way to "prove" that the calls were correct via video evidence showing completely the opposite.

One is frustrating, the other makes you feel like you're in the twilight zone.

What would you prefer:

(a) The question be ignored, or
(b) Them going out of their way to "prove" that the calls were correct via video evidence showing completely the opposite.

One is frustrating, the other makes you feel like you're in the twilight zone.
Fair point. Option C, even just saying the officiating was not to the standard we expect (without going into detail and outing particular referees) would have sufficed.
I don't know what you expected Annesley to say? Holbrook said the head referee can't pick and choose but the referee does have that power. In regards to the Will Smith and Issac Liu situations, they're different situations and in the video referees view, Will Smith lost the ball attempting to interfere with Moses.

In my opinion it should have been a penalty to Titans for the leg pull by Penisini. Tackle was complete and Penisini drags Smith's body the wrong way. Atkins should have ruled it that way in the first place.
I was actually completely fine with the Will Smith situation. He lost it pushing Moses. Fair enough. Didn't even notice a leg pull at the time. Seeing red cause he dropped it haha.

The Liu one though I thought it was pretty clear old mate steps forward to place the ball on him. At the time I didn't really understand how there was no stripping motion in Herbert's challenge with 2 different players pulling on the ball either (challenge was quick though so will have a look over again).

Overall though, if that is the quality of picking and choosing this season, we're going to have even more complaining than usual. Hopefully just a one off on their part. However, on that subject, given I am assuming you know more of the rules surrounding officiating, in an Eels try the touchy called the pass forward and got ignored by the head referee. Given ours also floated forward I'm not going to bitch and moan about it but what are the rules surrounding that. I would've thought given the touchies are in the best position to see the trajectory of those passes, they couldn't just be ignored in such a situation?

on that subject, given I am assuming you know more of the rules surrounding officiating, in an Eels try the touchy called the pass forward and got ignored by the head referee. Given ours also floated forward I'm not going to bitch and moan about it but what are the rules surrounding that. I would've thought given the touchies are in the best position to see the trajectory of those passes, they couldn't just be ignored in such a situation?

I'd say the ref was in shock the touchie actually saw something and then probably decided enough of that and put him back in his place.

31963.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Brookie Bob - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 15, 2021

I was actually completely fine with the Will Smith situation. He lost it pushing Moses. Fair enough. Didn't even notice a leg pull at the time. Seeing red cause he dropped it haha.

The Liu one though I thought it was pretty clear old mate steps forward to place the ball on him. At the time I didn't really understand how there was no stripping motion in Herbert's challenge with 2 different players pulling on the ball either (challenge was quick though so will have a look over again).

Overall though, if that is the quality of picking and choosing this season, we're going to have even more complaining than usual. Hopefully just a one off on their part. However, on that subject, given I am assuming you know more of the rules surrounding officiating, in an Eels try the touchy called the pass forward and got ignored by the head referee. Given ours also floated forward I'm not going to bitch and moan about it but what are the rules surrounding that. I would've thought given the touchies are in the best position to see the trajectory of those passes, they couldn't just be ignored in such a situation?
Stone does step forward, but Liu also drags his left foot back into the ruck and makes contact with the ball.

Holbrook trying to call out the hypocrisy doesn't carry much weight considering the different variables at play.

As I said the head referee ultimately has final say unless he refers to the video referee. Quite often they'll refer to their touch judges but if they're in a position to have an opinion they'll back themselves.

Atkins shouldn't have though because the pass was clearly a metre forward.

My issue with the captain's challenge is the limitations. Referees will often weigh up the variables, so in that Ray Stone incident, Atkins may have noted Liu's foot in the ruck but cleared it since Stone played the ball a metre off the ruck. Similarly with the Will Smith situation, Atkins may have sided with Smith since Penisini drags Smith's body and was playing advantage until the lost ball. However the bunker can't rule on that and only what the infringement was for. Did Moses' leg cause the error? No, challenge successful. Did Liu's foot cause the Stone error? Yes, challenge successful.

For mine captain's challenge should only be there for black and white situations or in a situation where the ball has been spilled several times and it's virtually impossible to figure out who made the original knock on.

The rest is an absolute gamble and feels removed from the game.

1959.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]StuBoot - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 22, 2010
That freak Eels try from the long kick that hit the post - I thought the Eels players were off-side. Did they even check?
Ironic, given Hammer was found off-side at the end for what would have been a match-winner.
I thought the same too @SeaEagleRock8 but took it back to have a look. A couple between Brown and Moses were in front but were too slow to get involved. Brown was on, just, and I think the winger who scored was marginally off but then Brown ran past him and got the rebound kick so unfortunately despite my initial protestations it was okay.
But as you say, it didn’t seem like there was any checking to make sure by the bunker.

9527.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wrighty - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 25, 2021
REACTIONS: 2,727
Lattrell is back. Who's face can he fracture tonight?

I want to fold some Kents

9527.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wrighty - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 25, 2021
REACTIONS: 2,727

Lattrell is back. Who's face can he fracture tonight?

I want to fold some Kents
It's only Melbourne players in the firing line, so it's almost community service.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.