CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 18 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrTickyMcG

MrTickyMcG

QCup Player
Jun 3, 2021
thoughts on Manu faking the injury before setting up a try.

it's on par with diving for me, but the Dragons should have played the whistle
Initially I thought it was clever. Then I thought it was dirty pool. But I don’t think he actually faked the injury, I think he just pushed through it for a final burst. If it was a fake, it’s not a good look at all

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008

Thoughts on this?

I feel like he wasn't faking it and just got a cramp but it's also really poor form to take advantage of that situation?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Thoughts on this?

I feel like he wasn't faking it and just got a cramp but it's also really poor form to take advantage of that situation?

Yep that's the one I was talking about.

I personally think he was faking it. He moved to freely/quickly to have any sort of cramp or injury IMO

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think it raises issues about duty of care. Whether he faked it or not is probably not the key issue. What will happen now is that you might have a player who is genuinely injured but the defense doesn’t know and because they can’t be sure, they have to smash the bloke to make sure he is tackled and doesn’t do what Manu did there. This could severely increase the damage of an injury.

Now imagine it that’s a head injury and a player is stumbling forward. The defense doesn’t know he is really injured because he is still coincidentally moving forward albeit it with jelly legs. What’s the defense going to do? They will probably belt him because they can’t be sure. That is not what you want.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
5210.jpg
AlexM - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 8,227

Erin Clark having a blinder

His running game was always the best part of his game. Let someone else handle the rest of the dummy half play and play him as a lock.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I think it raises issues about duty of care. Whether he faked it or not is probably not the key issue. What will happen now is that you might have a player who is genuinely injured but the defense doesn’t know and because they can’t be sure, they have to smash the bloke to make sure he is tackled and doesn’t do what Manu did there. This could severely increase the damage of an injury.

Now imagine it that’s a head injury and a player is stumbling forward. The defense doesn’t know he is really injured because he is still coincidentally moving forward albeit it with jelly legs. What’s the defense going to do? They will probably belt him because they can’t be sure. That is not what you want.
Manu in particular, next time he looks injured he may get smashed.

I guess that's the price of playing those shit tactics.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Manu in particular, next time he looks injured he may get smashed.

I guess that's the price of playing those shit tactics.
I hope he does, too. I don't think he was injured, he absolutely floored it to hit that gap - you can't do that if you're cramping up. Maybe he felt a pull in his hammy or something, again, he floored it... It's a terrible look IMO, with all the talk about duty of care etc it will absolutely be abused by the teams that play that way *cough*Penrith*cough*Melbourne*coughcough*.

Should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute. This is not soccer.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I hope he does, too. I don't think he was injured, he absolutely floored it to hit that gap - you can't do that if you're cramping up. Maybe he felt a pull in his hammy or something, again, he floored it... It's a terrible look IMO, with all the talk about duty of care etc it will absolutely be abused by the teams that play that way *cough*Penrith*cough*Melbourne*coughcough*.

Should be fined for bringing the game into disrepute. This is not soccer.

Yep but this is the problem with constantly rewarding players who stay down, players just keep finding new ways to abuse the system.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Manu has come out and said he has had a niggling injury but that he played it up.
I like Joey, but that was a shit move from him and I called him on it as it happened earlier in the thread. Flog of a move and hope he gets poleaxed, injured or not next time he tries to pull that nonsense.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013

Remember when people melted down at Hodges smashing an injured Morris? You’re going to see more of that after Manu’s dog act.

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
4167.jpg
3rdstriker - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 1,211

What a try that could've been for the Tigers damn, I was genuinely gutted for em

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
The panthers don’t look too flash with their origin players out.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Cmon tigers. 10 minutes to hold off the "brave Penrith battlers narrative"

Pray I Hope GIF

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Manu suffered a cramp. Dragons defenders drop off and Manu sees this and pushes through the cramp to score. Manu was genuinely hurt as he went down after that, but still saw the Dragons defenders relaxing and saw an opening.

It was clever. Play to the whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • Lozza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.