NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 25 Discussion

Need less teams and everyone plays each other twice, like a normal comp.

this 1000%

you either play everyone once or play everyone twice. it's the only fair way.

even Kent was ripping into the NRL recently about this, using words like "joke" "disgrace" "unfair" ... he said that the running joke was that the NRL don't do a yearly draw, they release a TV schedule.

just out of interest, is it as unfair in the AFL, because they have an 18 team comp, but don't play a 34 round season, so also can't have all teams play each other twice

The Dolphins are only coming in because V'landys needed something to sell the TV Network to spice up the competition and that's one of the ideas he came up with.

Six agains and 2 point field goals were other selling points.

I think advertising was also what got captain's challenge over the line, even though everyone was hesitant to bring it in.

this 1000%

you either play everyone once or play everyone twice. it's the only fair way.

even Kent was ripping into the NRL recently about this, using words like "joke" "disgrace" "unfair" ... he said that the running joke was that the NRL don't do a yearly draw, they release a TV schedule.

just out of interest, is it as unfair in the AFL, because they have an 18 team comp, but don't play a 34 round season, so also can't have all teams play each other twice
I take nothing from what Australian comps do, they’re amateur in every aspect.

The Dolphins are only coming in because V'landys needed something to sell the TV Network to spice up the competition and that's one of the ideas he came up with.

I think advertising was also what got captain's challenge over the line, even though everyone was hesitant to bring it in.

I was wondering about this the other day. Has the 2 point field goal done anything at all? How many even have been kicked? One? Has it helped manufacture any exciting finish at all? Seems to be yet another useless rule from the useless idiot in charge.

I was wondering about this the other day. Has the 2 point field goal done anything at all? How many even have been kicked? One? Has it helped manufacture any exciting finish at all? Seems to be yet another useless rule from the useless idiot in charge.
Didn't Reyno kick the first one - against us?

Latrell sent the Melbourne-Souths game into golden point earlier this year with a two point field goal. There's been a few occasions where teams have played for it, like the 2021 Grand Final but it hasn't come off.

This is at least a 96 point wind factor.
Need less teams and everyone plays each other twice, like a normal comp.
Yep, a 12 team comp and a 22 game schedule. That would be magnificent. But Ch 9 and Fox run and fund the game and more is better for them. They call the shots which means the NRL will only increase in size in the future. I'm not sure the popularity will though.

Captains Challenge should absolutely be retained (although its usage could be reformed a tad). The other two can **** right off.

Or the refs just send things upstairs instead of guessing

Latrell Mitchell is whinging about Roosters fans booing him during this match. Likening it to Adam Goodes who he says gave up his career because if it.

players have gotten so damn soft these days. booing the oppositions best player has been going on forever. Wally Lewis, used to get booed as he stepped off the damn plane in NSW. it used to fire him up, he never complained about it

Active Now

• Allo
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncoscope
  • BroncosMan
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
  • Santa
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.