CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 3 Discussion

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
We're 3 games in sheesh. Were you by any chance one of the guys heralding Siebold taking you to the premiership in 2020 after those wins against the Cowboys and Rabbitohs?
I liked the look of seibold after those 2 wins, buy more bcos he had a season before where he got souffs to the preliminary. Had a lot more runs on the board then Justin "coached a team with a 74% win rate throughout their time in super league/mastercoach" Holbrook.

I'm probably a more cautious poster about early season form, of course occasionally I go off in a moment of adrenalin post-win/loss or something though like everyone.

You are not SERIOUSLY thinking that defence is fixable? It will get better, it has too, but to make it the defence of a "form team" would be a deadset miracle. They'll win games when they get more ball and they're in a mood. Unproven spine, lots of cash on young power running forwards, backs with no football awareness.... don't stress, I'm not talking about the titans this year, that was the broncos 2020. Sound familiar?

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
They have the bones of a good side. Their attack looks pretty good, but their defence is going to ensure they dont really achieve anything. Its so sloppy.
Yep, too many issues like tiny fullback, lazy edges and inexperienced spine not providing composure means they will struggle to ever keep teams under 10 points.

They rely on winning games 28-20 but against good teams you got to be ready to grind out tough defensive set to defensive set wins and they don’t have the squad for that.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
So he has to pay us to take him back.
If I was the titans, I'd be putting the feelers out for 750,000. Take the hit for one year and buy what you need.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
No one even interested enough to ask many questions in the Titans press conference lol…still the most irrelevant team in the comp

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
It’s the dynamic of that contract and what will unfold because of it, you can’t get paid that much and be lazy, it rubs your teammates the wrong way. This will snowball, I said it last year, it’s a white ant contract.

the fact we have capes on literally half Fifitas contract is amazingly good business.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
It’s the dynamic of that contract and what will unfold because of it, you can’t get paid that much and be lazy, it rubs your teammates the wrong way. This will snowball, I said it last year, it’s a white ant contract.

the fact we have capes on literally half Fifitas contract is amazingly good business.

You are right and I reckon that's why Kevvie and co. had to cut TPJ, Lodge.. etc

Earning all sorts of cash and coming up with consistent lazy efforts

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
You are right and I reckon that's why Kevvie and co. had to cut TPJ, Lodge.. etc

Earning all sorts of cash and coming up with consistent lazy efforts

They were causing the dramas at the club.

They were like a cancer.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Another heart-breaking loss for the Gold Coast. In the end, Stuart's decision to have Starling come off the bench proved a master-stroke and while Tom struggled for direction at times his presence really kept the Gold Coast middle on notice and created space out-wide for the Raiders to exploit. A good win for them and that's two results that could have easily gone the other way for the Raiders. They're not convincing but the Raiders have so much big game experience that they'll beat a lot of teams in the arm wrestle. Tapine especially I thought was unreal in the second half.

The Titans would be feeling pretty low but the players can take a lot of lessons out of that result. I look at players like Jayden Campbell and Toby Sexton who don't have that much experience in these types of games and they'll be better prepared the next time they find themselves in similar situations. There were just some little moments where they could have adjusted and it would have made all the difference.

I wouldn't get too carried away with team selections if I'm Holbrook. I'd assess the fall-out, make the necessary changes and if I felt Corey Thompson should come in for Marzhew take it from there. In the long run, I'd be looking to bring in more players that have come through the system but it's a process and at the end of the day, they've only lost games by a few points.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
According to Fox League, Broncos have somehow lost their match tomorrow before even playing.

Panthers are the only team unbeaten in 2022 according to them...

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
These Sportsbet ads are so fucking stupid.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
**** YOU VOSSY. JUST **** YOU AND YOUR SHIT SHOW.

Us Broncos fans don't need to re-live that fucking moment.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

If a player isnt putting in, its his team mates who will be the first ones to make an issue of it. You cant let the team down.

Its utter stupidity in a lot of ways to invest so much money in an edge back rower and then expect him to be your game changer anyway imo, they arent the sort of players that are going to carry the team, especially if you dont constantly give them good ball ( a bit like us with Kotoni in a lot of ways, they are the sorts of players that need quality ball to make the most out of them ) Not that i'm defending Fifita, he has consistency in his game at all.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
They have the bones of a good side. Their attack looks pretty good, but their defence is going to ensure they dont really achieve anything. Its so sloppy.
Brimson is crap at 6 and I don't rate Campbell at all (he isn't ready for NRL). Sexton looks OK but isn't experienced enough to lead a team around the park rn. Whover plays hooker for them on any given week is below avg too

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com

NZWarriors.com User
Contributor
May 19, 2021
4461.jpg
Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com
REACTIONS: 2,642

Good game.

When you look at Papalii and Shaun Lane you are reminded player development takes time.
Or just get them away from the Warriors 🤣

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • BRC088
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.