CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 3 Discussion

So if they catch the ball you can't touch them until they're back on the ground? That seems crazy.
Basically yeah.

The stupidity of it is that prior to the rule change any tackle in the air from the defensive player could still be penalised if they put them in a dangerous position.

So the defender could catch and tackle a player competing for the ball, but they didnt have a license to absolutely level them and flip them over.

There was literally no reason to change the rule, but it hasn't had much of an impact since it was changed.... after that Manu incident it will probably trigger the wank coaches like Bellamy, Robinson and co to start exploiting it

Is Teddy injured or something??

Seems like he is refusing to make contact in this game.

Just dumped it off to his center because of slight pressure from the winger... Teddy in form would just back peddle, palm him off and charge back in field.

All night he's been jinking around in front of the defensive line instead of trying to push through it and look for the quick play the ball.... he's had a horrendous game tonight

Old age + arrogance?

Or conspiracy theory time, he knows if he misses a few weeks and his replacement plays well then he could find himself on the end of "random" drug test on Sunday morning.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
2.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Dan - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 15, 2004
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
My wife is a roosters fan as are my step humans. I was really enjoying this game until the main piece made me put something else on....not fair they were keen to watch last week

Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see.

I figured the Rorters had the best potential of being our first loss of the year but suddenly I'm cautiously optimistic about beating them too

I figured the Rorters had the best potential of being our first loss of the year but suddenly I'm cautiously optimistic about beating them too
They looked horrendous tonight... that was a repeat of round 1 again.

Just no momentum through the ruck, which is their go to... something doesnt look right with Teddy

9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021
REACTIONS: 3,202
1973.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrslong - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2008

Teddy had his worst game I can recall

come-along-borts-mrs-long-png.2548

POSITION VACANT: Someone to replace Morkel as Digital Artist. Must be able to make signature of attractive football players once every 3-5 years. Will be paid in likes from time to time.

Made a bunch of errors but it’s pretty telling when he scores a try and runs for 190m+ and it’s considered one of his worst games….

9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021
REACTIONS: 3,202

Made a bunch of errors but it’s pretty telling when he scores a try and runs for 190m+ and it’s considered one of his worst games….

I've always thought the importance of Tedesco's run metres stats were overstated, he's had plenty of games early in his career at both the Tigers, Raiders and Roosters where he'd rack up 200/300m in a badly beaten side. Good stats on paper without a real effect on the game.

I've always thought the importance of Tedesco's run metres stats were overstated, he's had plenty of games early in his career at both the Tigers, Raiders and Roosters where he'd rack up 200/300m in a badly beaten side. Good stats on paper without a real effect on the game.
That's more of a knock on the rest of the side though, isn't it. All you can really do is try hard for your team, and then hope the other 16 blokes do the same.

Must admit, i've always found running meter stats for backs a bit irrelevant.

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Pablo
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.