NRL 2022 Round 4 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
5084.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]gpred - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 23, 2016
REACTIONS: 2,622
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Have to marvel at the Storm.

Addo-Carr looked to be a legit contender for one of the greatest wingers of all time.

Turns out that was mostly just the Storm machine making him look good.

He now looks like an average to below average winger, struggling to even challenge the line 5m out in a little space.

9527.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wrighty - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 25, 2021
REACTIONS: 3,036
This game will be a good read on where St George are at this year.

I want to fold some Kents

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 17,169
10185.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Midean - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2019

**** thats not a bad point.
Imagine strategically losing and gunning for as low a spot as possible once you realize you are going to be in the bottom 8.

Imagine 2 lowly teams late in the season trying to out lose to each other 🤣

Smash em bro

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016

Once your out of the running, you actively go for the spoon?

Smash em bro
Every sport with a draft deals with it.

Paps is a weird one, pretty sure the Tigers didn't fight one bit to keep him, and thought he was too small etc etc.
Thats bad talent recognition.

Teddy left for a team that was top 4 and backed by a billionaire offering him deals too good to refuse.

Not many would've envisioned he would develop into the player he has, pretty sure not even Craig Bellamy thought he would become this good, he had a few options there for life after Billy.

The good teams are still good (Melb, Syd, Pen). The shit teams are still shit (Bris, Cby, Cows, Wests). The gap between good and bad is still vast despite recent reports in the media. I still dream of a 12 team comp one day. The player base of this sport simply cannot support 17 teams. Nothing new there.

9527.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Wrighty - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 25, 2021
REACTIONS: 3,036
Imagine 2 lowly teams late in the season trying to out lose to each other

Bit like the Tigers/ Warriors last week… 🤣
Well in American sports they have a system involving the last place team getting better draft picks. That is their system of not having pereniel 20 years in a row of the same top teams.
To stop teams gunning for last place there is a lottery with extra weighting for last and second to last place.

Imagine strategically losing and gunning for as low a spot as possible once you realize you are going to be in the bottom 8.
Happens in american sports 🤷‍♂️

IF the top 4 doesn't change for years and years they'll have to do something.

Good to get pick 1 in the national draft...wait.

3319.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]HK_Eagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 6, 2011
4775.jpg

Imagine 2 lowly teams late in the season trying to out lose to each other 🤣

Smash em bro
Nah... that's just a regular game between the Tigers and Bulldogs

9527.jpg
REACTIONS: 3,037
9095.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Accept - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 27, 2016

The good teams are still good (Melb, Syd, Pen). The shit teams are still shit (Bris, Cby, Cows, Wests). The gap between good and bad is still vast despite recent reports in the media. I still dream of a 12 team comp one day. The player base of this sport simply cannot support 17 teams. Nothing new there.

I am also worried about the player based supporting the 17 teams. Dogs had some players out there today who were a bit above their level to be in an NRL game.
Things just become harder with a 17th team.

I think the Bulldogs have recruited poorly and it's easy to say that after they just flogged. This game was a real eye opener, I thought they were in for a good season but I can't really see too many things different about their footy, they don't look any more threatening than they did last year.

TPJ can offload but he's still lazy in defense, Addo-Carr is a winger and they don't win you games, Burton has a big boot but he's a running 5/8 and they need some ballplaying in their halves which apparently they don't have.

Dufty is the most threatening player in that Bulldogs team close to the line.

3848.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Afakasi247 - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 4, 2014
REACTIONS: 9,531
10185.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Midean - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 5, 2019

Not uncommon in American sports.

“Tanking”

4775.jpg
8670.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncosFever - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 6, 2014

I think the Bulldogs have recruited poorly and it's easy to say that after they just flogged. This game was a real eye opener, I thought they were in for a good season but I can't really see too many things different about their footy, they don't look any more threatening than they did last year.

TPJ can offload but he's still lazy in defense, Addo-Carr is a winger and they don't win you games, Burton has a big boot but he's a running 5/8 and they need some ballplaying in their halves which apparently they don't have.

Dufty is the most threatening player in that Bulldogs team close to the line.

Nah… plenty of good teams will be made to look average by the Storm this year.

They just take all your time away and totally expose any minor flaws.

Smash em bro

9527.jpg
REACTIONS: 3,039
What bullshit running out through a smoke machine and flaring fire jets.

Happens in american sports 🤷‍♂️

IF the top 4 doesn't change for years and years they'll have to do something.
Even if we pretend that tanking will be a thing (no NRL coach is going to have their team tank hard, it's horrible coaching, sets bad habits, and players are competitive), is it any worse than the bottom 4 getting spanked by 30+ for 26 rounds a year? I don't think so.

And you can't tank that much in the NRL because ladder position is often not decided until the last few weeks, so at best you can tank 1-3 games for an extra 1% on the cap. Hardly worth the risk and shit storm of throwing a game on purpose.

Even if we pretend that tanking will be a thing (no NRL coach is going to have their team tank hard, it's horrible coaching, sets bad habits, and players are competitive), is it any worse than the bottom 4 getting spanked by 30+ for 26 rounds a year? I don't think so.

And you can't tank that much in the NRL because ladder position is often not decided until the last few weeks, so at best you can tank 1-3 games for an extra 1% on the cap. Hardly worth the risk and shit storm of throwing a game on purpose.
I agree, and with betting such a huge part of NRL, the bookies wouldn't stand for it.
Regardless something for sure needs to change, otherwise its going to stagnate the sport and adding more teams wont do a thing if they are relegated to the bottom half of the ladder because all the talent is locked up in the top 4.

5084.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]gpred - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 23, 2016
REACTIONS: 2,623
Maybe the Warriors have been tanking for 25 years in anticipation of a first round draft pick (which the Roosters just steal with a paper bag full of cash anyway)

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • mystico
  • mrslong
  • MrMoore
  • peter09
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • DMZ
  • winslow_wong
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • NSW stables
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.