CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 7 Discussion

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The video referees are just as bad if not worse though.

It'll stay but only because it helps create drama, no other reason.
Incorrect decisions leading to game changing moments creates more drama and more importantly more clicks.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I think the NRL drop the ball when it comes to the draw for this round.

Why we don't have an annual ANZAC Day clash against a specific team, I'll never know.

We used to take on the Rabbitohs, but they stopped doing that.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Incorrect decisions leading to game changing moments creates more drama and more importantly more clicks.
Which is what's happening with the challenge. We just went a few weeks where fans were blowing up about the Titans gaming the system (although it had been gamed well before then...). A lot of 50/50 calls get over-turned just adding more drama to the code, the difference is the NRL is drawing even more attention to it - having their cake and eating it as well.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Seriously though, how the heck can you be so incompetent in almost every facet of your organisation? Sorry NZ bros, it is absolutely disgraceful that you have to watch your team at 9-11pm. Absolutely downright embarrassing.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Which is what's happening with the challenge. We just went a few weeks where fans were blowing up about the Titans gaming the system (although it had been gamed well before then...). A lot of 50/50 calls get over-turned just adding more drama to the code, the difference is the NRL is drawing even more attention to it - having their cake and eating it as well.
It only gained attention because it wasn't a top team that decided to play the system... Storm were doing it last year via Munster and none of the media blew up about it back then.

Suddenly Titans do it after they see Storm do it a week earlier and NSWRL is up in arms.

Where was the outcry last year when a game was decided due to an incompetent referee allowing an incorrect challenge on foul play i.e. roosters last year against us.

Media is Sydney centric... and yet all us fools sit here thinking that we're actually playing the same game as them and will be a chance each year

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I think the NRL drop the ball when it comes to the draw for this round.

Why we don't have an annual ANZAC Day clash against a specific team, I'll never know.

We used to take on the Rabbitohs, but they stopped doing that.
Yeah from about 2014, 2016-18 it was the Broncos vs. Rabbitohs but then Ch. 9 and Fox figured they didn't need that gimmick to draw since they had the Seib-Bennett and later Reynolds angle they could draw from.

Some pretty good games in that lot. The only throw-away was the 2016 clash but even that was pretty tense till the Broncos ran away with it.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Have the Warriors photocopied Reece Walsh? I see him in the number 1 and number 6 jerseys tonight 😵‍💫

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
No flop from Munster?? It was last week against Paix and this week against Kennedy

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
"High and forceful"... but I'm guessing "it's not in his game"

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Yeah from about 2014, 2016-18 it was the Broncos vs. Rabbitohs but then Ch. 9 and Fox figured they didn't need that gimmick to draw since they had the Seib-Bennett and later Reynolds angle they could draw from.

Some pretty good games in that lot. The only throw-away was the 2016 clash but even that was pretty tense till the Broncos ran away with it.

I remember we took on the Cowboys in '99 on Anzac Day and it was a good game with it ending up 20-all.

I don't see why that didn't become an annual fixture. Promotion wise, it would be very good for the NRL.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
That ball boy kept up the whole way for that try, sign him up.

Also after so much shit talking from a few Warriors fans, lol warriors, getting scored against while in attack.

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
Out of fucking nowhere, it’s Watene Zelezniak 😮

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That was stupid from Harris-Tevita.

You can't do that against the Storm.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • dasherhalo
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • BooKhaki
  • Lostboy
  • Santa
  • porouian
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Footy Fanatic
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.