NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 9 Discussion

I was just watching Payten on 360 and I just cannot unsee it:

Ebqx33kUEAANFaV

I was just watching Payten on 360 and I just cannot unsee it:

Ebqx33kUEAANFaV

You should watch the first Godfather.

Ben Hunt looks very much like a young Al Pacino.

Lindsay Collin suspended for 1 match on a Grade 2 High Contact charge.

The ref said shoulder charge, the MRC say no it's a high tackle. Not a good look when your officials and MRC aren't on the same page.

Fuckin clown world, honestly.

And what was it, 4 weeks for calling some bloke a name?

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4734.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Aman - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 9, 2016
REACTIONS: 10,761
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
i know it was unfortunate and one of the broncos players got injured. but jazz got 2 weeks for the most innocuous tackle that i see almost 10x every game.

for kennedy to get 2 weeks for nearly ripping someones face off, well thats just fucked.

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
8670.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]BroncosFever - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 6, 2014

Really Ramien should have been sent off as well

That was a gutless call by the ref/bunker (who even has the final say these days, beats me?)
Ooh no, we might ruin the tv ratings if the game is lopsided.
Pathetic, Ramien's was a send off for sure. (but Sharks would probably still win anyway) :)

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

I went back and had a closer look at the Sharks/Warriors game.

From a Warriors perspective the main take-away I took out of it was the impact injuries have had on the side. They're still dealing with the after effects of the 70-10 loss and the impact of losing Chanel Harris-Tavita and Josh Curran had on the team. Curran especially was the type of player the Warriors really missed since he plays with so much energy that he inspires those around him.

Watching the game it seemed like the Warriors were looking for that leadership but couldn't string enough of those runs together. The game began to slip away and with seemingly everyone (even the referee...the Teig Wilton try was a classic referee try) willing a Sharks victory they tapped out with 20 to go.

It may seem disheartening in the moment but there's plenty of room for improvement in this team. In particular I feel they can do a much better job activating that left edge. Poor Asi could not buy himself any good ball against Cronulla and while I suspect he'll make way sooner than later for Volkman or Harris-Tavita I think just getting him into the game more will make the Warriors more potent.

I'm not expecting miracles coming off a knee reco, but I think Harris' leadership will improve the Warriors efforts tremendously. That was the worst aspect of the Warriors performance against Cronulla that they just got very lazy with Katoa especially making some weak efforts.

The season definitely isn't over yet and I would not be shocked at all to see you guys beat the Rabbits. Your team definitely has the capability it's just about finding that consistency.

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 9,589
1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008

From a Warriors perspective the main take-away I took out of it was the impact injuries have had on the side. They're still dealing with the after effects of the 70-10 loss and the impact of losing Chanel Harris-Tavita and Josh Curran had on the team. Curran especially was the type of player the Warriors really missed since he plays with so much energy that he inspires those around him.

Watching the game it seemed like the Warriors were looking for that leadership but couldn't string enough of those runs together. The game began to slip away and with seemingly everyone (even the referee...the Teig Wilton try was a classic referee try) willing a Sharks victory they tapped out with 20 to go.

It may seem disheartening in the moment but there's plenty of room for improvement in this team. In particular I feel they can do a much better job activating that left edge. Poor Asi could not buy himself any good ball against Cronulla and while I suspect he'll make way sooner than later for Volkman or Harris-Tavita I think just getting him into the game more will make the Warriors more potent.

I'm not expecting miracles coming off a knee reco, but I think Harris' leadership will improve the Warriors efforts tremendously. That was the worst aspect of the Warriors performance against Cronulla that they just got very lazy with Katoa especially making some weak efforts.

The season definitely isn't over yet and I would not be shocked at all to see you guys beat the Rabbits. Your team definitely has the capability it's just about finding that consistency.

Thanks for the thoughtful and positive post bro, we need all the constructive advice and any dim ray of hope we can get.

[/st_td_row][st_td]kurgal - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 18, 2013
REACTIONS: 947
1899.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Big Pete - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 11, 2008

Good on ya for putting in the hard yards revisiting and rewatching the game, I bloody couldn't! appreciate your analysis.
1899.jpg

Good on ya for putting in the hard yards revisiting and rewatching that match, I bloody couldn't! appreciate your analysis

4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 9,589

Thanks for the thoughtful and positive post bro, we need all the constructive advice and any dim ray of hope we can get.

Big Pete is being too kind. Your guys played dumb. Even running at 12 players, you still have to earn the right to spread the ball and the Warriors just kept trying what they thought was the obvious, spreading the ball without wearing out the middle so the Sharks weren't tired. It was straight up dumb, lazy football and despite their young team, Shaun Johnson should have been a calming influence. He was the opposite.

Who is the next Kiwi half by the way? Stacey Jones - Shaun Johnson - ???

It's definitely something the Warriors should be looking at yesterday

4619.jpg
REACTIONS: 9,593
Who is the next Kiwi half by the way? Stacey Jones - Shaun Johnson - ??? It's definitely something the Warriors should be looking at yesterday
Volkman's the next Warriors half, doubt he'll ever be good enough to make the Kiwis, and he's never been here, could be a NSW origin legend one day though.

To an extent, but the Warriors didn't have enough ball to build pressure. They fell into the trap where they felt like they had to score off every set instead of either looking for a repeat or forcing the Sharks to work it out from a corner.

The example that stuck out to me was right before half-time. The Sharks had just surrendered the ball on the Warriors 40m, the Warriors worked a good set. They should have got a set restart on play five after Aitken earned a quick play the ball but for whatever reason the officials deemed Euan was fair game. Anyways Johnson has the line set for a simple grubber into the in-goal but for whatever reason he decides to dummy and spread it wide and in the end Watene-Zelezniak is forced to put in a dinky kick to surrender position meekly. The Sharks then get a fifth tackle penalty because Sione Katoa (although you'd be right to think Eliesa was playing for the Sharks with some of his efforts...) decided to grab his neck and the referee obliged.

Essentially it was their defence that I felt let them down. The points would have come had they bashed Cronulla out of the contest but they just allowed the Sharks to play too much footy. I felt the edge defense was very passive and instead of limiting the amount of time the Sharks had with the ball Hynes had a field day and it just exposed the Warriors out-wide.

There needed to be more effort all-round although I can sympathise with the Warriors. Their two best defensive players are Curran and Harris. With both of them out it put too much pressure on players who struggle without the footy and exposed them for all their faults. Then to add insult to injury, while playing against 11 is a huge benefit it came at the cost of Aitken who has become a really handy option for them. Either scoring tries or giving them the impetus in the set to put pressure on the defensive line.

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 17,771
8468.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Cult - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 17, 2013

Who is the next Kiwi half by the way? Stacey Jones - Shaun Johnson - ???
Jerome Hughes - 2022 6 tries; 6 try assists in 8 games 💪

The form halfback in the competition (yes, better than Cleary!)

Smash em bro

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 17,771

Jerome Hughes - 2022 6 tries; 6 try assists in 8 games 💪

The form halfback in the competition (yes, better than Cleary!)

Smash em bro

How many of them was against you lot ... because that would skew the stats

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • levikaden
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Fitzy
  • Aldo
  • Adammacca
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.