NRL 2023 Round 1 Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
in case anyone actually gives a shit ... the SMH are reporting what sparked the argument between Luai and Salmon.

so 10 mins before fulltime Luai throws a pass that goes to ground (he was targeting Staggs who was cramping at the time). Salmon fails to run onto the pass.

some of the words said:

“Am I blaming you for that pass [expletive],” Luai said to Salmon.

Salmon responded: “You did on that [occasion].”

“Because you weren’t leading [expletive],” Luai responded. “You said you couldn’t make it because you were too tired.”

“That one time I couldn’t make it,” Salmon responded.

Winger Sunia Turuva then spots the camera rolling and tells his teammates to quieten down before they leave the playing surface.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
in case anyone actually gives a shit ... the SMH are reporting what sparked the argument between Luai and Salmon.

so 10 mins before fulltime Luai throws a pass that goes to ground (he was targeting Staggs who was cramping at the time). Salmon fails to run onto the pass.

some of the words said:

“Because you weren’t leading [expletive],” Luai responded. “You said you couldn’t make it because you were too tired.”

Winger Sunia Turuva then spots the camera rolling and tells his teammates to quieten down before they leave the playing surface.
To be fair, I wouldn't mind seeing that after a loss if I was a Panthers fan. Shows a winning culture that doesn't accept anything less. Better then having a laugh after getting smashed by 50... (or holding a gender reveal....)

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Arguing and blaming doesn't show a winning culture at all. That's not what a coach wants and doesn't cultivate an environment where people like each other which is apparently what the Panthers have been doing recently. Everyone is best mates apparently.

Luai lacks any accountability for the lack of anything he did the other night and the fact he's been carried by a far better player in Nathan Cleary, there's been no accountability for his dirty actions on the field and what you've seen there are the actions of a spoiled child who doesn't know how to lose because everything has been handed to him on a platter.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Judiciary charges so far this weekend ,,, Rapana and Wade Graham both facing 3-4 weeks on the sidelines:

Judiciary

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
had more problem with the swinging arm from rapana than the shot he put on drinkwater

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Feldt with only a fine? Didn't see that coming!

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Adam Obrien cooking up a little conspiracy theory of his own......

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019

some of the words said:

The nerve on him to call anyone out after his blatant offside he was called out a half a dozen times by the ref for, yet still committed an offense that arguably cost them their last shot at the game.

Bloke is insufferable.

I have a hard time picking who i dislike most in rugby league, but Luai is leading the race.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
So, how many points are we expecting Easts to put on the Dolphins?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Ilias' performance may have made the headlines, but it was Cameron Murray who stood out to me for Souths. His speed around the ruck created so much space for his outside men and he picked up exactly where he left off. Easily one of my favourite players in the competition and he's rocketing up that all-time chart for me.

It was an impressive effort from Souths, especially after they lost Arrow and Tatola early. Moale held his own in the middle and Shaq Mitchell had a break-out performance as well. They just couldn't get around his legs, he proved a real handful all night.

Cronulla had no answer to that right-side shift. The way Souths played those edges was really smart forcing players to double up and getting players caught out at marker. Neither Moylan nor Talakai could handle it and Souths could have raced in more tries.

I thought Cronulla still had some nice patches even if they were sloppy on the night. A big moment in the game was the McInnes break when Kaufusi had the ball knocked out of his grasp. In hindsight, McInnes taking the tackle going for the quick play the ball either would have bought them a six again or a good opportunity to earn a repeat set.

Instead they were too slow to react and allowed Souths to work it the better part of 60m only for Mulitalo to spill a fairly catchable kick. From that point on, it was virtually all Souths.

No sign of post-Bennett fatigue so far.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I prefer The's training kit to their actual jersey which is an eyesore.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dexter
  • Foordy
  • Behind enemy lines
  • lynx000
  • kat00
  • Griffo
  • barker
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.