NRL 2023 Round 1 Discussion

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Alright, I'm really looking forward to the next game, I suspect the Tigers will look far better than the Dogs did. Api is such a calming influence. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the new look Titans go and the announcement post-match that Fifita is returning to the Broncs on minimum wage.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Great win.

Seriously they easily have the worst team on paper and have come out and embarrassed a team with no salary cap.

Next week will be telling if it was just all emotion for the first game or if they will turn up every week.

WB is coaching genius.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I also reckon The just showed that that new look left side of the Roosters is a MASSIVE weakness, every team is just going to run at them play after play after play.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Alright, I'm really looking forward to the next game, I suspect the Tigers will look far better than the Dogs did. Api is such a calming influence. I'm also looking forward to seeing how the new look Titans go and the announcement post-match that Fifita is returning to the Broncs on minimum wage.
Who you tipping?

They're both flip of coins team but I always enjoy a Titans loss so I'm hoping Tigers.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Who you tipping?

They're both flip of coins team but I always enjoy a Titans loss so I'm hoping Tigers.

Yeah it is a hard one to call, it really is but I'm going Tigers, I just really, really like what they have recruited. The question mark I have on them though is, where do their points come from? Their backline is pretty average.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
The Cheese was pretty damn shit tbh. He got melted by Kaufusi after already having to go off for a HIA so understandable I guess.
Was playing a 20 minute impact forward all last year and had to put on weight. I won't write him off yet but he'll need to stop being a clown and put some real work in.

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Looking forward to this next game too.

On a side note, imagine getting dropped from the first game of a brand new team, and watching them win convincingly without you.

How you reckon Milf is doing right now?

Nerd

Nerd

QCup Player
Sep 27, 2020
Good game and especially the defence of the Dolphins. I doubt they are going to see too many games where the opposition implodes like the Roosters have.

The big problem I think for the Dolphins will be if their not young forward pack can play a whole season without injury. Brenko Lee is a decent centre but is injury prone and was out there today with his knee strapped.

For the Roosters, if Robinson thinks Turpin is first grade material he deserves many more of these defeats this year. Same with Lodge he looks to have reverted to his mistake ridden form he had with us. Would be nice to see the Roosters miss the eight though. :happy:

Bull Shark

Bull Shark

State of Origin Rep
Jun 4, 2008
One thing I’d be raising in the video post mortem if I was Trent Robinson - there was a big tackle from Tom Gilbert on Sam Walker with a few minutes left.. Walker lost the ball in the tackle and Gilbert absolutely gave it to him.. not one Rooster forward went in to give Gilbert a shove..

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I think like us with Penrith, the REDCLIFFE Dolphins got the Roosters at the right time. New combinations for the most part, missing a few key forwards etc...great game.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Looking forward to this next game too.

On a side note, imagine getting dropped from the first game of a brand new team, and watching them win convincingly without you.

How you reckon Milf is doing right now?
Best thing Brandy ever said was Milford was thieving a salary from us.

Lazy prick who doesn't deserve his talent.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Porthoz
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  • Strop
  • broncsgoat
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.