NRL 2023 Round 1 Discussion

Two terrible balls from Brooks in a row. The team is really trying to get back into this but the halfback is just constantly letting them down.

Isn't next week at Redcliffe? Still a QLD day game obviously but I swear it was supposed to be at Reddy
Probably is... didn't really care that much to look at the venue... just saw they were at home and figured they'd be playing as many out of Suncorp as possible

Since the ref thought it was a try ... shouldn't he have just awarded it instead of going to the bunker
cant do that if you are wrong you get kicked all week in the media not worth it

Probably is... didn't really care that much to look at the venue... just saw they were at home and figured they'd be playing as many out of Suncorp as possible
Nah Fair, I just looked, it is at Redcliffe. One of their 3 for the year.

This might well be one of the worst halves of all time.

Ref clearly waiting for his instructions from the bunker.

Who is actually reffing games nowadays 🤔🤔🤔

cant do that if you are wrong you get kicked all week in the media not worth it

My point was the NRL changed things a couple of years ago where the ref only signals for the bunker to check it if he thinks it is no try ... if the ref thinks it is a try he just awards it. (Then the bunker checks it anyway)

I just finished watching the NSW Cup game.

Manly led Canterbury 16-0 after scoring 4 tries in the opening 20 minutes only to lose 36-16. Fulton turned the ball over off a kick-off and from that point on it was virtually all Bulldogs.

Reynolds led the way to make it 16-all going into half-time. Then Oloapu did the rest and had a really strong second half, setting up two tries before scoring one himself.

Did you catch the game @theshed?
Nah I missed that one unfortunately. What did you make of Oloapu?

How you feeling about the whole Fifita thing?
I haven't been keeping up completely on it. Is there something I missed? Pretty blasé either way tbh. If he stays cool, if he goes oh well. Most of the players I like are well locked up. I'm even pretty resigned to losing JCampbell at some point just due to the lack of position for him. That's gonna hurt.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Ozired
  • Maddy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brocko
  • Foordy
  • lakers133334
  • Hurrijo
  • whykickamoocow
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • blacknwhite
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.