NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 12 Discussion

There's something wrong in the game when a raised bumper causes a defender to have to go off for a HIA but the runner raising his (in this case arm/elbow) is all sweet
yeah i think josh mcguire said it best

There's something wrong in the game when a raised bumper causes a defender to have to go off for a HIA but the runner raising his (in this case arm/elbow) is all sweet
And it’s not like Mahoney was going in for a low tackle: he was basically standing upright and Tino lifted his elbow at the last second.

Hahaha how does Butler miss that... some game management happening there to give dogs the ball on a blatant knock on

probably should be only one place the forearm is going to go lifting it that high

Think Tino should be allright, to me it looks like his arm was tucked down until contact was made and then he raises it to push him off. But then again...he'll miss Origin if he's suspended.

I am a QLDer, you can’t do that. If the NRL is fair dinkum and they want to bring in this duty of care thing, you cannot be contacting defenders in the head.
Every front rower does it... they raise their forearms to start contact and then look to push the defender back.

Every front rower does it... they raise their forearms to start contact and then look to push the defender back.

That’s great. You can’t hit them in the head though.

It’s like saying every defender uses their shoulder, use your shoulder but don’t hit anyone in the head.

That’s great. You can’t hit them in the head though.

It’s like saying every defender uses their shoulder, use your shoulder but don’t hit anyone in the head.
I'd need to see what's going on with Mahoney's feet because he's so low compared to Tino, but still facing upright to catch him.

Tino is tall but is he that bloody tall over Mahoney or did Mahoney lose his feet or something.

Tino was coming in to initiate contact with Mahoney with his forearms vertical (as normal), but you can see him pushing through before the contact, like there was a miscue or if Reed is well back on his feet.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.