NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 12 Discussion

Ooooh here we go another non-6-again call to torment the Raiders haha

I haven't been watching the whole game, were the Raiders out of challenges there?
Could they have challenged it?

Turbo didn't want to put his body on the line there

That's a great comeback game from Schuster. 1 try, 3 try assists and 3 linebreak assists

All Qld teams (and the fake Qld team (Titans)) lost this weekend.

Alexander should not be allowed to commentate on these incidents.
Just ridiculous circumstance that an assistant coach can be openly trying to influence an outcome like he was.
The man is incapable of being neutral or professional enough to remain quiet.

Kyle feldt butchering that kick for the tigers to score tho
happy d&d GIF by Hyper RPG

I dont have any dramas with Kafusi being banned, but i'm still a bit puzzled Luai isnt banned when others have been. As usual, all we want is a bit of consistency and we dont get it.

About 55 seconds in is the Thaiday incident. If thats a weeks ban, so is Luai.

You can`t see any difference between the two ?
One is a direct aggression towards the central referee grabbing his shirt . Luai touched the side line official incidentally and immediately apologised .

I dislike Luai as much as most . But it was nothing like what Sam did .

One is a direct aggression towards the central referee grabbing his shirt . Luai touched the side line official incidentally and immediately apologised .

There's a difference, but Thaiday was demonstrating what happened to him in the scrum. Luai pushes the touchie out of the way to get to his team mate, nothing incidental about it. The second touch was also completely unnecessary but had more in common with the Thaiday incident.

The key is that happened 10 years ago, the NRL had a crackdown, it got out of control and they moved on - like they do with every crackdown.

Go to specsavers.

I know people have their gripes with the officiating and the "un even" nature of the draw. But im absolutley loving how tight the competition is this year.

Its genuinely a lottery most games and the way it should be. I hate thise years where you have run away leaders like panthers or storm.

It makes for and agaisnt so important. Which means in games where you just aren't at your best you can't afford to let your opposition run away with it.
This is exactly the problem I have with it. The forced equality in the sport. It's plastic entertainment. It's unrealistic. It isn't a true display of rugby league in any true sense because it doesn't allow a team to play the game in its intended form.

It works as an entertainment product, sure. But it's not sport.

Listen to Kemp here at 30:00 and 47:00

Can someone explain why the penalty at 1:39 where Smith ran Lomax off the ball wasn't a sin binning like it was for Farnworth last week?

Can someone explain why the penalty at 1:39 where Smith ran Lomax off the ball wasn't a sin binning like it was for Farnworth last week?

Have you got the right time code?

If you're referring to the incident early in the second half, it needs to be considered a try scoring situation. Usually anything inside the 20m zone is considered a try scoring situation.

Have you got the right time code?
I thought I had.
If you're referring to the incident early in the second half, it needs to be considered a try scoring situation. Usually anything inside the 20m zone is considered a try scoring situation.
Yep, that call.

Ah, ok. I don't like it, but I guess it is what it is. That being said, it's a subjective opinion. Any kick chase could be a try scoring situation, or the kick could be too big.

I thought I had.

Yep, that call.

Ah, ok. I don't like it, but I guess it is what it is. That being said, it's a subjective opinion. Any kick chase could be a try scoring situation, or the kick could be too big.
I think you may have posted up the wrong video.

1:39 has the incident.

The argument is that in that situation, the defender is trying to protect his catcher whereas when you kick into space there isn't that defence.

If Corey Allan wasn't there and Lomax went to ground, it could possibly be a professional foul.

I think you may have posted up the wrong video.

1:39 has the incident.

The argument is that in that situation, the defender is trying to protect his catcher whereas when you kick into space there isn't that defence.

If Corey Allan wasn't there and Lomax went to ground, it could possibly be a professional foul.

Thanks, mate!

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.