NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 13 Discussion

I dont get this advantage rule. They played a couple of passes

I think this couchman kid could be something

Bird and Milford on the field at the same time.
Almost enough to switch the tv off.

Yeah I was thinking it has to be close to an 8pt try... how much more in the act of scoring can it get
You're right, I thought it was specifically after the act of scoring since they let so many other instances go.

Still, I don't think that passage even happens if JMK wasn't penalised for his legitimate tackle on Sullivan.

They were very generous on that no advantage taken call on the set before the last try.
Totally agree. There was 2 passes and a small run, how that isn't advantage taken I'll never know. It's fault back on the dragons for knocking the ball on and ruining their advantage.

Liddle has been a revelation for the Dragons. I still don't understand why Hook dropped him when he did, he was desperately what they needed and he does such a good job of getting his players on the front foot. That try was virtually all him - makes the break, then spooks Bromwich just enough to get him to turn in putting Couchman 1-1 with Milford.

I can't remember the last time a team has been told their advantage has been played. The only time you see it is with the 6 agains, and even then teams get lucky where the referee just happens to find another infringement.

Just thinking about Nicholls try.. when was the last time a hooker of ours put a forward over untouched like that?

JMK is quality and is really kicking on under WB.
I feel like Macca was probably the last one that could do it consistently for us... and by consistently I mean he could get 4 or so in a good year. Seggy and Levi probably got a few in their stints here as well.

It's something we are extremely poor at considering we've got guys like Flegler and Payne fucking Haas

Getting quick ptb's inside the 10m is as rare as hen's teeth for us... and then the forwards are never running the line looking for it... and then you need hookers that can pick the right pass.

It's the same as the Couchman try just before halftime... Preston at dogs has been getting them this year and both of them are undersized, but where are our second rowers ... or any of our forwards... at the advantage line looking to run a line in between defenders and give the dummy half an option or force the defence to consider them as a threat

Liddle has been a revelation for the Dragons. I still don't understand why Hook dropped him when he did, he was desperately what they needed and he does such a good job of getting his players on the front foot. That try was virtually all him - makes the break, then spooks Bromwich just enough to get him to turn in putting Couchman 1-1 with Milford.

My suspicion is that Hook just decided to get spiteful, burn the boats on his way out and honestly, the way they treated him, why not?

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Old Mate
  • rj9
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.