Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
North Queensland Cowboys vs. Penrith Panthers
Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Friday 16 June 2023
Kick Off: 8:00pm

NORTH QLD COWBOYS

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Zac Laybutt 4. Peta Hiku 5. Semi Valemei 6. Tom Dearden 7. Chad Townsend 8. Jordan McLean 9. Jake Granville 10. Coen Hess 11. Luciano Leilua 12. Heilum Luki 16. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown

13. Jason Taumalolo 14. Sam McIntyre 15. Griffin Neame 17. Kulikefu Finefeuiaki

18. Brendan Elliot 19. Riley Price 20. Mitchell Dunn 21. Thomas Duffy 22. Jake Bourke

PENRITH PANTHERS

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Sunia Turuva 3. Izack Tago 4. Tyrone Peachey 5. Thomas Jenkins 6. Jaeman Salmon 7. Jack Cogger 16. Spencer Leniu 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Scott Sorensen 12. Zac Hosking 13. Matt Eisenhuth

14. Soni Luke 15. Lindsay Smith 17. Luke Garner 19. Liam Henry

8. Moses Leota 18. Jack Cogger 20. Mavrik Geyer 21. Eddie Blacker 22. Jesse McLean

Newcastle Knights vs. Sydney Roosters
McDonald Jones Stadium, Saturday 17 June 2023
Kick Off: 3:00pm

NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS

1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dominic Young 3. Dane Gagai 4. Bradman Best 5. Enari Tuala 6. Tyson Gamble 7. Jackson Hastings 15. Jacob Saifiti 9. Phoenix Crossland 10. Leo Thompson 11. Dylan Lucas 12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon 13. Adam Elliott

14. Kurt Mann 16. Jack Hetherington 17. Mathew Croker 20. Brodie Jones

8. Daniel Saifiti 18. Jack Johns 19. Simi Sasagi 21. Lachlan Miller 22. Adam Clune

SYDNEY ROOSTERS

1. Joseph Manu 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Corey Allan 4. Billy Smith 5. Junior Pauga 6. Luke Keary 7. Sandon Smith 8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Turpin 10. Nat Butcher 11. Egan Butcher 12. Sitili Tupouniua 13. Naufahu Whyte

14. Drew Hutchison 15. Nathan Brown 16. Terrell May 17. Angus Crichton

18. Siua Wong 19. Zach Dockar-Clay 20. Jaxson Paulo 21. Tuipulotu Katoa 22. Elie El Zakhem

Parramatta Eels vs. Manly Sea Eagles
CommBank Stadium, Saturday 17 June 2023
Kick Off: 5:30pm

PARRAMATTA EELS

1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Viliami Penisini 4. Bailey Simonsson 5. Sean Russell 6. Ryan Matterson 7. Daejarn Asi 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Brendan Hands 10. Ofahiki Ogden 11. Bryce Cartwright 12. Andrew Davey 13. J'maine Hopgood

14. Luca Moretti 15. Joe Ofahengaue 16. Matt Doorey 17. Makahesi Makatoa

18. Haze Dunster 19. Jack Murchie 20. Ky Rodwell 21. Waqa Blake 22. Shaun Lane

MANLY SEA EAGLES

1. Kaeo Weekes 2. Jason Saab 3. Tolutau Koula 4. Reuben Garrick 5. Christian Tuipulotu 6. Josh Schuster 7. Jakob Arthur 8. Taniela Paseka 9. Lachlan Croker 10. Toafofoa Sipley 11. Haumole Olakau'atu 16. Ethan Bullemor 13. Sean Keppie

12. Samuela Fainu 14. Karl Lawton 15. Josh Aloiai 18. Aaron Woods

17. Ben Condon 19. Ray Tuaimalo-Vaega 20. Morgan Harper 21. Gordon Chan Kum Tong 22. Zac Fulton

Wests Tigers vs. Melbourne Storm
Campbelltown Sports Stadium, Saturday 17 June 2023
Kick Off: 7:35pm

WESTS TIGERS

1. Jahream Bula 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Brent Naden 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Starford To'a 7. Brandon Wakeham 8. Fonua Pole 9. Jake Simpkin 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. Shawn Blore 13. John Bateman

14. Tallyn Da Silva 15. Tommy Talau 16. Alex Twal 17. Alex Seyfarth

18. Will Smith 19. Justin Matamua 20. Aistasi James 21. Brandon Mansfield 22. Triston Reilly

MELBOURNE STORM

1. Nick Meaney 2. William Warbrick 3. Reimis Smith 4. Marion Seve 5. George Jennings 6. Jonah Pezet 7. Jahrome Hughes 8. Tui Kamikamica 9. Bronson Garlick 10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 11. Trent Loiero 15. Tom Eisenhuth 13. Josh King

12. Tariq Sims 14. Tyran Wishart 17. Aaron Pene 22. Kane Bradley

16. Alec MacDonald 18. Justin Olam 19. Grant Anderson 20. Sualauvi Faalogo 21. Chris Lewis

Cronulla Sharks vs. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
PointsBet Stadium, Sunday 18 June 2023
Kick Off: 4:05pm

CRONULLA SHARKS

1. William Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Oregon Kaufusi 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Braden Hamlin-Uele 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Dale Finucane

14. Cameron McInnes 15. Wade Graham 16. Jack Williams 17. Thomas Hazelton

18. Connor Tracey 19. Braydon Trindall 20. Toby Rudolf 21. Daniel Atkinson 22. Jesse Colquhoun

CANTEBURY BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS

1. Hayze Perham 2. Jacob Kiraz 3. Jake Averillo 4. Paul Alamoti 5. Braidon Burns 6. Karl Oloapu 20. Kyle Flanagan 8. Chris Patolo 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Tevita Pangai Junior 11. Jayden Okunbor 12. Jacob Preston 15. Kurtis Morrin

14. Khaled Rajab 16. Max King 17. Corey Waddell 23. Franklin Pele

7. Matt Burton 13. Harrison Edwards 19. Jeral Skelton 21. Fa'amanu Brown 22. Jackson Topine

The teams are finally in.

i miss something what happened to brooks?

The Cowboys have a good opportunity to surge up the ladder when they take on the Panthers. Slater has finally done the Cows a solid and named AJ as his 18th man, allowing the Cowboys to largely keep their team in place. Meanwhile the Panthers haven't been as lucky with Crichton on 18th man duties for NSW. It's a good opportunity for the Cowboys to go back to back against Top 4 teams and establish momentum on the run home. I think Top 4 is still unlikely, but they could easily make the finals from here.

Big game coming up for both Newcastle and Sydney. Both are in similar positions on the ladder with the Roosters in a very precarious situation without their stars. Similarly to the Cowboys, the Roosters just have to find a way to get the job done and then focus on the run home when they get their stars back and a few of their players get games under their belt. It's been an amazing drop-off from them and it can't all be blamed on injuries either. Still, the Roosters are never out of the game long and even if things are looking dicey for 2023 and even 2024, I'm sure 2025 they'll be there about.

I'm curious to see which version of the Knights we get. Do we get the Knights who were unlucky against the Broncos and Panthers, or do we get the Knights who were more interested in going to Bali?

Manly/Eels is another big game in determining Top 8 placements. At the start of the season, it seemed like this was one of those games the Eels could cruise to victory but with Brown & Moses out it really levels the playing field. This is one of those games that really shows you how good the underbelly of both teams are and how they perform without their generals. I'm especially interested in watching Schuster play, he failed his first assignment against Newcastle, can he learn from that?

I forgot I had the Tigers ahead of the Broncos on my pre-season ladder. If memory serves, they were actually on equal points on my predictor, but I just gave the Tigers the biccies. It's a shame for them as they had just turned a corner and while I think they can jag a win without him, it's going to be tough against Melbourne who have been going as well as I expected them to. I'm curious to watch De Silva play, I hadn't heard of him until he was named in reserves, but Tigers fans swear by him and rate him as the next Robbie Farah in waiting. Certainly I wouldn't expect him to play like vintage Farah, but this is the type of selection I like out of this squad. Bring these young players in, give them a taste and slowly but surely build for 2025. It worked in 2005, it can work again.

It's going to be a really tough week for the loser of the Sharks/Bulldogs. I'd most likely say the Bulldogs who are just doing it really tough with injury and haven't quite got the squad they want. There's clearly a few guys on the roster who aren't destined to be around for much longer and they're not doing anything to change anyone's minds. Throw in a few kids auditioning for spots, a few fill-ins being asked to play above their pay grade and it's gotten tough for them.

This is a big week for a few Sharks players. Fitzy has shown them patience and is willing to work with what he has and fix some of the issues plaguing the team. If they don't respond, then you'd have to think there's some big changes afoot. In particular, players like Matty Moylan, Dale Finucane, Wade Graham etc. really need to step it up. I expect they will and it'll allow Fitzy to make the changes on his terms but there's just cogs in this team holding it back from being a genuine contender.

I'm on the Cows this week in the tipping, but without much confidence. They'll either win by 13+ or lose by the same IMO, can't see a close one either way.

Robinson mixing up his spine and halves again.

Why Keary to 6?

Has he decided he doesn't want him guiding them around the park again OR will he just be playing 7 with a 6 jersey on.

Manu back to fullback... is the Manu at 6 experiment done?

It's so odd that Robinson just can't stick to a plan with his halves and spine.

He mucked around with Keary and Walker last year by swapping around their roles in the preseason... realising it didn't work and switching them back to finish the year, seemingly happy to stick with it.

Only to again switch Keary back to halfback for the last month or so... and now he's moved to put him into the 6 jersey again.

Manu back to fullback... is the Manu at 6 experiment done?

it was done last week when Manu moved back to centres.

It's so odd that Robinson just can't stick to a plan with his halves and spine.

TBF, they have 4 players unavailable in the spine Smith, Walker and Watson (injured) and Tedesco (Origin). and Manu is by far their best option (and that includes when Tedesco is available in his current form)

Why Keary to 6?

Has he decided he doesn't want him guiding them around the park again OR will he just be playing 7 with a 6 jersey on.

That could be more to do with the rookie and where he feels more comfortable playing. I don't know much about Sandon Smith but maybe he is more of a natural game manager, which Keary really isn't

it was done last week when Manu moved back to centres.

TBF, they have 4 players unavailable in the spine Smith, Walker and Watson (injured) and Tedesco (Origin). and Manu is by far their best option (and that includes when Tedesco is available in his current form)

That could be more to do with the rookie and where he feels more comfortable playing. I don't know much about Sandon Smith but maybe he is more of a natural game manager, which Keary really isn't
It's more the chopping and changing that he's been doing with Keary and Walker for going on 2yrs now.

Does he want Keary as a halfback or a running five eight... he can't seem to make a decision on that.

The shot about the Manu experiment at 6 being over, was more that it should never have started.

The more I look at this round and the number of injuries other teams are coping (through fatigue perhaps) the more I think our coaching staff have pulled off a blinder making this round our first bye.

Added to this they must be wrapped they managed to get the biccies in both games surrounding the first origin too.

It feels great knowing most of the team are putting their feet up while we are guaranteed to stay up the top with two easy points. Nice change to see the positives of the bye.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
I'm just assuming everyone is stuck looking at the gif...

3558.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]globaleagle - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .October 7, 2011

I'm just assuming everyone is stuck looking at the gif...

What Gif?

3558.jpg
Dan has started this thread off with a gif...maybe only ST can see it.

3558.jpg

seems like Gifs don't work on the cross thread.

3558.jpg

I don't think anyone sees the first post of the threads in the other forums for technical reasons.

You belters ready to watch the Cows beat up the black cats tonight?

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  • Santa
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
  • Stix
  • Bucking Beads
  • Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Griffo
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.