NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 24 Discussion

He's dropped that but they'll give it

Watch for some outlandish statement from Gould this week to try and take the spotlight off his shitshow.
I mean it is his job for channel 9 to come up with comments, but I hope team bosses keep firing back at him to STFU and look at his own yard

Gould: See our attack has already improved since the last time we met. Thats why Haas must come to the Bulldogs to be in a true premiership contenders side.

Good news boys and girls, next weeks channel 9 game is between two teams that lost a combined 90 - 8 today.

Is it possible to actual go into negative points in a game? Like they run toward their own try lines and away from each other?

I'm shocked by that performance from Canterbury. That was the strongest team they've been able to get on the field all season, they had plenty of motivation after the previous outing and the Knights copped a couple of injuries.

Yet it was pretty much all over after 20 minutes. They never looked up to it and the Knights didn't look fazed at all in that first half.

Bludger of a second, but I doubt the home fans cared. Kept a clean sheet until there was 20 minutes to go - there's no better feeling than being able to put your feet up with 20 to go and watch your team cruise home.

I just wonder where to for Canterbury? I can't imagine a lot of these players sticking around and you'll have to think they'll be trying to pool as much money together to throw to Payne Haas. As it stands there's only six players I could see Canterbury wanting to keep, a few they could give or take with the rest being shoved out the door ASAP.

I'm shocked by that performance from Canterbury. That was the strongest team they've been able to get on the field all season, they had plenty of motivation after the previous outing and the Knights copped a couple of injuries.

Yet it was pretty much all over after 20 minutes. They never looked up to it and the Knights didn't look fazed at all in that first half.

Bludger of a second, but I doubt the home fans cared. Kept a clean sheet until there was 20 minutes to go - there's no better feeling than being able to put your feet up with 20 to go and watch your team cruise home.

I just wonder where to for Canterbury? I can't imagine a lot of these players sticking around and you'll have to think they'll be trying to pool as much money together to throw to Payne Haas. As it stands there's only six players I could see Canterbury wanting to keep, a few they could give or take with the rest being shoved out the door ASAP.
Assuming that's their strongest lineup... I'd take a guess at

1. Averillo - Already gone, but I thought he was a pretty useful player
2. Wilson - Young guy, you'd assume they'll be happy to keep as depth
3. Burns - Offload for sure
4. Kiraz - Junior with some promise, assume they'll keep
5. JAC - Will keep
6. Burton - Will keep
7. Sexton - Will keep, but they'll be looking for an upgrade
8. King - Keep, but might need to be lost to clear some cap space
9. Mahoney - Keep, but probably having some buyer's remorse
10. TPJ - They'll be looking to offload as quick as possible
11. Kiks - Keep
12. Preston - Keep
13. Thompson - Looking to offload possibly quicker than TPJ

14. Flanagan - Offload to anyone that will take him
15. Knight - Desperation signing so will be looking to offload for any sort of upgrade
16. Waddell - Meh player... could keep as depth or upgrade if something comes along
17. Edwards - Assume he's a junior?? I've not really noticed him too much, but he looks more a workhorse prop than anything?

18. Perham - Assume they will offload to anyone that will take him... Ciraldo's attempt to make him the fullback has failed and he has Crichton next year so will go for round two next pre season

Assuming that's their strongest lineup... I'd take a guess at

1. Averillo - Already gone, but I thought he was a pretty useful player
2. Wilson - Young guy, you'd assume they'll be happy to keep as depth
3. Burns - Offload for sure
4. Kiraz - Junior with some promise, assume they'll keep
5. JAC - Will keep
6. Burton - Will keep
7. Sexton - Will keep, but they'll be looking for an upgrade
8. King - Keep, but might need to be lost to clear some cap space
9. Mahoney - Keep, but probably having some buyer's remorse
10. TPJ - They'll be looking to offload as quick as possible
11. Kiks - Keep
12. Preston - Keep
13. Thompson - Looking to offload possibly quicker than TPJ

14. Flanagan - Offload to anyone that will take him
15. Knight - Desperation signing so will be looking to offload for any sort of upgrade
16. Waddell - Meh player... could keep as depth or upgrade if something comes along
17. Edwards - Assume he's a junior?? I've not really noticed him too much, but he looks more a workhorse prop than anything?

18. Perham - Assume they will offload to anyone that will take him... Ciraldo's attempt to make him the fullback has failed and he has Crichton next year so will go for round two next pre season

Taaffe should be their fullback and Crichton their centre with Burton. The problem is, Sexton and Sandwich are not a good enough halves pairing. I'd be surprised if Sandwich is still there post-2024.

Souths are sitting very tenuously on the edge of the 8 all of a sudden... I thought they were certainties to make the finals, but they're on 12 wins at the moment and only have two games left.

It's looking like 13 wins is needed to make the eight, but they've got knights next week in Newcastle, a bye and then rorters, which could go either way.

Souths are sitting very tenuously on the edge of the 8 all of a sudden... I thought they were certainties to make the finals, but they're on 12 wins at the moment and only have two games left.

It's looking like 13 wins is needed to make the eight, but they've got knights next week in Newcastle, a bye and then rorters, which could go either way.
Agree, I think its been shaping up that way for a bit. Last game against Roosters could be a shoot out for top 8.
Apart from Souffs there are a few sides IMHO not going as well as it seems.
Courtesy of the draw and when you play sides and how often. It really throws up some false form when some teams play ordinary sides a few weeks apart and play back to back crap sides because you don't play top 8 sides as much as others.
I think there are only 3 sides which can win it.

Panthers
Broncos
Storm

That smiley face on the whiteboard at the end just
The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

Seems like the top four is pretty much set now, unless the Storm falter but they blow hot and cold, but should win enough to sow up spot 4. So looks like:

1. Panthers v 4 Storm
2. Broncos v 3. Warriors

Then it gets tricky, I'm thinking:
5. Knights v 8. Rabbits
6. Raiders v 7. Cowboys

Sure the nrl will give jacob Preston SIX WEEKS for doing a near identical tackle that has resulted in a season ending injury to the same person just like they did to carrigan.......

Certain there will be the same amount of media outrage too. I mean the knights are in finals contention at least this year, so looking forward to it being more aye...

Active Now

• Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.