NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 24 Discussion

The Knights created history today.

No team in Rugby League history has ever led a side 102-6 in back-to-back games.

I wonder if Gus knows his side was a part of history...

The Knights created history today.

No team in Rugby League history has ever led a side 102-6 in back-to-back games.

I wonder if Gus knows his side was a part of history...

In fairness, the Dogs ARE both immature and can't defend. They can't beat Penrith.

Watching the highlights of the Knights vs Dogs game, I feel sorry for Young.

He still hasn't got that record-equaling 21st try. He's crossed over a couple of times since his 20th but each time it's been taken off him lol.

I wonder if Young regrets going to the Roosters, I am not sure next year is looking any better for them.

Preston is facing a 2 week suspension for the hip drop that injured Hastings (3 if he fights and loses)

Half as much as Patty was suspended for last year for a similar tackle on the same player

I don’t even get the hip drop tackle. None of them look purposefully done it’s always just an accident. Have never seen one where I believe malice was involved. Play on.

Preston is facing a 2 week suspension for the hip drop that injured Hastings (3 if he fights and loses)

Half as much as Patty was suspended for last year for a similar tackle on the same player

For the fans.

Annesley Report

The only decision he was willing to accept blame on was the Liam Martin knock on. Even so, he believed the decision was fair enough to the naked eye and it was just unfortunate the bunker couldn't get involved.

He backed the officials with the Latrell off-side. Said the replay was inconclusive so the touchie's call had to stand.

Touched on the Utoikamanu bumper (I skipped it) and the Stone sin-binning. He understood that Hutchinson dropped in the tackle but regardless forceful contact to the head was always going to result in a sin-bin.

I don’t even get the hip drop tackle. None of them look purposefully done it’s always just an accident. Have never seen one where I believe malice was involved. Play on.
I tend to agree on the no malice part, but you could say the same thing about a lot of high tackles too. I doubt many players are going in looking to hit a player high.

I'd really like to know when hip drops really started coming in to the game though. The media goes on like it's only a recent thing, but were they happening 20 years ago and everyone just accepted the occasional injury was part of the game. Now it seems like everyone someone gets injured they need to find a suspension from it. I wonder if we aren't too far from head knocks copping suspensions.

I don't see the point of this when he's just going to spin everything to try and deflect from the officials **** ups.

Even when Martin passes off the ground, he's asking is that a tackle? Well you dumb shit the rule book clearly states that if the ball-carrying arm has touched the ground and a defending player has a hand on the player with the ball, the tackle is completed. Which is exactly what happens in that video.

There is no fucking argument for the level of contact and whether that constitutes a tackle. They only need to put a fucking hand on them, that's it.

Martin then very clearly passes off the ground with a hand on him and all officials including the bunker completely miss it.

He's stated that the Martin knock on would have been difficult for the officials to pick up in real time because of the speed. Yeah maybe. However, Martin passing off the ground was not.

If the bunker can go back several plays to pick up foul play that the officials completely missed, why can't they go back beyond the point of the previous play the ball in try-scoring situations? It makes very little sense.

This is just embarrassing from the bunker.

You could maybe, MAYBE make an argument that Walker wasn't offside. Camera angles can be deceptive and remember it's both feet behind the ball, not the whole body.

However, there is no argument for Mitchell. He was offside and he's the one that contests for the ball and passes it to Walker. Illias doesn't run him onside.

Only way he could then not be offside is if the Dragons player contests for the ball, loses possession and Mitchell is outside 10 metres when that happens. Which doesn't happen.

But the bunker hits "Try Confirmed" and another week we're talking about another howler from the bunker.

How the **** this was not overturned is baffling.

View attachment 23480

Adam Gee...

Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

Annesley even brings this up.

Said it was "very very tight" and that the touch judge was in the best position to make the call and said the bunker needs to be certain that they were offside to overturn the on-field ruling of try.

Even brings up a side-on angle from a few metres in front of where the kick takes place which shows Latrell is offside.

But it was very tight apparently.

Graham Annesley...

Mocking Spongebob Squarepants GIF

As long as it doesn’t cost us a GF win I hope something epically stupid happens.

Only then will the Keith get fired

Annersley is playing his role perfectly. He's Rudy Giuliani to Vlandy's Trump. Everyone knows he is speaking out of his arse, in fact he is blatantly and deliberately lying in order to muddy the waters.

Any expert worth their salt would be tearing this apart. But of course:
* Journalists are not experts.
* Lord Vlandys can do no wrong.

Sure the nrl will give jacob Preston SIX WEEKS for doing a near identical tackle that has resulted in a season ending injury to the same person just like they did to carrigan.......

Certain there will be the same amount of media outrage too. I mean the knights are in finals contention at least this year, so looking forward to it being more aye...
You fool!

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • Bongo
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Emanon
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • NSW stables
  • Midean
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.