NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 26 Discussion

No way is he playing at the ball there… just trying to make a tackle… no stripping action whatsoever

The knight's playing good footy and understandably excited by the position they're in.

But it just gives the vibe of a team playing their grand final the past 6 weeks to get into the finals and may have run their race come September.

Just the emotion they're showing at securing a top 8 spot in the second last round isn't something you see from a team with who's eye is on taking out the flag. More so from a side who are simply happy to play finals footy.

The knight's playing good footy and understandably excited by the position they're in.

But it just gives the vibe of a team playing their grand final the past 6 weeks to get into the finals and may have run their race come September.

Just the emotion they're showing at securing a top 8 spot in the second last round isn't something you see from a team with who's eye is on taking out the flag. More so from a side who are simply happy to play finals footy.

They really remind me of the Eels in 09 tbh. A few more players than just the FB though obviously.

Sharks are putrid. What kind of tackling was that?

The Sharks really have no idea how to beat top 8 sides, do they?

Corey Horsburgh is heading to the judiciary to challenge his charge (grade 1 shoulder charge)

JWH is also heading to the judiciary seeking to have his grade 2 dangerous contact charge downgraded ... If successful he'll get a $3k fine instead of 3 weeks ... He has entered the early guilty plea for his other charge.

Corey Horsburgh is heading to the judiciary to challenge his charge (grade 1 shoulder charge)

JWH is also heading to the judiciary seeking to have his grade 2 dangerous contact charge downgraded ... If successful he'll get a $3k fine instead of 3 weeks ... He has entered the early guilty plea for his other charge.
It would be yet another "Grade 2". Seriously, how many Grade 2 charges should one be allowed to get before it becomes clear that they're not changing their style for the safety of other players? I don't care that he is already serving 3 weeks, he should go away and practice not being a grub. They should do the same for NAS.

Here's a serious question to you Bronco fans.
Are you concerned about Reece Walsh's defence?
He is a fantastic attacking player and very brave, but he does miss a lot of tackles.
His attacking skill has definitely outweighed his defensive shortcomings so far, yet as we all know finals matches are much tighter and defence becomes more important.

He is a fantastic attacking player and very brave, but he does miss a lot of tackles.
His attacking skill has definitely outweighed his defensive shortcomings so far, yet as we all know finals matches are much tighter and defence becomes more important.
No

In some circumstances he has been poor, but in others, like against Melbourne in Round 11, he has been pretty good. He's been working very hard on it, and he's a really great director from the back, so few breaks make it to him in any case. He's on an upward trajectory, and against Canberra the only poor effort was on Hudson Young, where he was up too fast and put himself alongside, rather than in front. I would never have expected him to stop Cotric. He was stuck In the middle after a tackle on the other try.

The Raiders game is literally the only game where I've though "Walsh should have had him there". I was legit surprised how Nick "Jersey deliberately 3 sizes too small" Cotric was able to get through. Otherwise his positioning and efforts have been really good all year.

If you’re that worried about your fullbacks defence then you should be livid with the front line.

The Raiders game is literally the only game where I've though "Walsh should have had him there". I was legit surprised how Nick "Jersey deliberately 3 sizes too small" Cotric was able to get through. Otherwise his positioning and efforts have been really good all year.
Cotric was breaking tackles moving them up the field before that. He was still going strong, Walsh coming across fast and Cotric stepped back inside just enough to put Walsh off and get on his inside shoulder. Was a hard cover tackle to make on a bigger man.

Active Now

• Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • The Don
  • Fozz
  • Skathen
  • Horseheadsup
  • Wolfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncos Maestro
  • ezpz
  • Volvo Driver
  • jd87
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.