NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 26 Discussion

Here's a serious question to you Bronco fans.
Are you concerned about Reece Walsh's defence?
He is a fantastic attacking player and very brave, but he does miss a lot of tackles.
His attacking skill has definitely outweighed his defensive shortcomings so far, yet as we all know finals matches are much tighter and defence becomes more important.

I'm not worrying about it.

Go look at any fullback in defence, you'll find they miss more than they make. Usually if a player is one-on-one with a fullback, most of the time that fullback is being beat. It's just the way it is.

What he does in every other department more than makes up for it.

I'm not worried.

Go look at any fullbacks stats in defence, you'll find they miss more than they make. Usually if a player is one-on-one with a fullback, most of the time that fullback is being beat.
The truly great fullbacks are good in defence. Of the current group Teddy, Edwards and Turbo (when playing) tick that box. I have noticed a weakness in Walsh's defence, but I admire all you Bronco supporters for backing your man.

The truly great fullbacks are good in defence. Of the current group Teddy, Edwards and Turbo (when playing) tick that box. I have noticed a weakness in Walsh's defence, but I admire all you Bronco supporters for backing your man.
He's stopped a few tries this year with his one on one defence as well

Tesi was in for all money in the first game against dolphins. Pretty sure he also stopped Tommy Dearden in Round 2 just short of the line.... there's been a few more where he's shepherded them to the sideline and made legs tackles as well.

His 1v1 defence has actually surprised me this year.

There were times where it looked like he was being found out, first game against raiders where Rapana went over because he took off too quickly, but overall he provides great communication from fullback and defusing kicks (grubbers and bombs), which is the main defensive aspects I want from my fullback.

Our defence is second in the comp (I believe) and Reece has played a huge role in that... Billy flagged it as one of his huge improvements and why he was confident of picking him in origin... and he's also improved his actual tackling compared to the absolute shit show he was at warriors last year.

He missed a couple against raiders, but I suspect he has one eye on the finals and wanting to make it through as healthy as possible.

Why wouldn’t we back our man, because he missed a couple of tackles? He’s still very young in his nrl career.

would not swap him for anyone. bronco through and through
There is no doubt he and Ponga are the two most exciting fullbacks in the NRL at present. It is a star-studded field though. Edwards is an excellent all-round player, Teddy is still a champion, Pappy is on his way back, Drinkwater and Meaney are both good. And when injury-free Turbo was the best of them all. (I don't rate Mitchell as highly as the others due to his low workrate).

There is no doubt he and Ponga are the two most exciting fullbacks in the NRL at present. It is a star-studded field though. Edwards is an excellent all-round player, Teddy is still a champion, Pappy is on his way back, Drinkwater and Meaney are both good. And when injury-free Turbo was the best of them all. (I don't rate Mitchell as highly as the others due to his low workrate).

I actually feel sorry for your team because of TTurbo. At his best, he is head and shoulders above as the best player in the comp. The issue is, he is rarely on the field for you guys and given all his injuries, even if he does get back for an extended run, is he even going to be able to get back to anything like he was? You have a lot of money tied up in him (and rightly so when you think of what his best is) but it is also a lot of money that isn't in the side most weeks and that is a big handicap when that happens.

Albeit totally different circumstances, we do know what that is like. Milford was chewing up a million of our cap but went missing most games each year when he was on the field. Obviously, their issues are worlds apart as TTurbo is anything but lazy, lacking in confidence and lacking drive but the result is the same, you have a million+ being wasted most weeks.

I really hope TTurbo can get back to what he was, I really do as he is so exciting to watch but I am not sure that he can and that puts your club in a really difficult spot. That said, I thought Paps was done and yet here we are, he's back and while short of a gallop, looking good so there is hope for Tturbo, again albeit different injuries.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Scorchie
  • westy316
  • Fatboy
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Dash
  • jd87
  • simplythebest
  • broncsgoat
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • pennywisealfie
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.