CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 6 Discussion

I just like how they play tbh. Thats a game they should have lost, but they hung in there and battled and defended their way to a win.

lucky for them they were playing the Cowboys.

they play like that (second half) against any of the current top 8 sides and they don't win that game.

The Cowboys complaining about offside when Dolphins got that penalty, the players involved weren't actually offside.

The two players that were active were Donoghoe and Hammer, both of them were behind the kicker. Even if Hammer was offside, Holmes plays at the ball and doesn't regain possession and Hammer is outside the 10 when it happens which puts him onside.

In other words, what happened was perfectly legal and at no point was it a bad call.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4517.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]bruce - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 1, 2015
REACTIONS: 38,682
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
, I don't think many would have picked the Dolphins to be sitting firmly in the top 8 after 6 games
Centrebet still has them at $67 for the premiership...and the Cowboys at $26...and the Warriors have been brought in to $31 though.

Trainspotter

The reason the odds are so high for all 3 of those teams, is because they are shit. They don’t offer double digit returns on sides that actually have a chance 😂

they play like that (second half) against any of the current top 8 sides and they don't win that game.

You have to give them credit though, they hang in there and give themselves a chance. We collapsed regularly under that sort of pressure.

You have to give them credit though, they hang in there and give themselves a chance. We collapsed regularly under that sort of pressure.

you have to give them credit because they are your team ... i don't.

that was a really bad second half from the Phins. They did collapse under the pressure.

They had zero idea what to do with a lead.

they are lucky they had a 20 point lead and were playing the Cowboys.

you have to give them credit because they are your team ... i don't.

Thats just petty really because its the Dolphins. Even if it was the Storm i'd be saying the same thing. That kind of resilience is a good trait to have, especially for a new side.

Thats just petty really because its the Dolphins. Even if it was the Storm i'd be saying the same thing. That kind of resilience is a good trait to have, especially for a new side.

There is no rule that says I have to like the Dolphins.

If you don't want to admit that they collapsed and almost blew a 20 point lead, well, that's your prerogative

There is no rule that says I have to like the Dolphins.

If you don't want to admit that they collapsed and almost blew a 20 point lead, well, that's your prerogative

I never said you have to like them. I never said they even played well, but they didnt collapse, thats just not true. If they did they would have lost but they didnt. They let in a couple of tries when they were dropping the ball every set. but they hung in there, battled, defended well and won the game 32-22.

Its a good sign if you can play bad and still win......and they weren't that bad. The cowboys lifted and the momentum shift went their way.

Redcliffe showed good resilience to take the points.

Its a good sign if you can play bad and still win......and they weren't that bad. The cowboys lifted and the momentum shift went their way.

Redcliffe showed good resilience to take the points.

There is no Redcliffe in the competition. So I'm not sure who you're talking about.

In tonight's game the Dolphins are lucky they were playing a bottom 4 side. There are only about 3 teams in the NRL they could have beaten tonight. The can thank God they were playing one of them.

Dolphins keep finding a way to win. Their a team playing well above the sum of their parts and are gritty as

Even watching Isaako being pretty solid is conflicting

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
2290.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]theshed - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 27, 2010

Dolphins keep finding away to win. Their a team playing well above the sum of their parts and are gritty as

True but 'their parts' really aren't too shabby. They've got a lot of good players with NRL experience and some good young talent too.
A lot was made about their failure to sign Munster or another 'superstar' but they've a pretty solid squad I think.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
True but 'their parts' really aren't too shabby. They've got a lot of good players with NRL experience and some good young talent too.
A lot was made about their failure to sign Munster or another 'superstar' but they've a pretty solid squad I think.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

Agreed but you look at Hammer and Katoa, they’ve already got their superstars.

22.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]mrblonde - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 13, 2012
REACTIONS: 6,216
I bet Mr Webster's thinking "Yep! Picked the right team to coach!" this morning.

On yesterday's performance, that Going Though A Rebuild period the Bulldogs are going though just got at least one season longer. Whether Mr Ciraldo survives to see that through or even to take the Bulldogs into becoming Finals Contenders is another thing.

My favourite forum post of the week: Someone on the Wests Tigers forum asking if the Tigers might do a negative version of Arsenal's Invincibles. The Invincibles went through a whole EPL season without a lost. This Wests Tigers poster wondered if their beloved team might go through a whole NRL season without a win.

The NRL Video Referee Says "WOOF! WOOF!" As It Taps It's White Cane...

Agreed but you look at Hammer and Katoa, they’ve already got their superstars.
Yeah I always rated Hammer but I did not predict him to be this good this soon. They really are just short a rampaging forward and a legit star outside back and well, best not to mention what they’ve managed there.

9427.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Toookey - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .May 3, 2021
REACTIONS: 7,819
1769.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Foordy - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 3, 2008

There is no Redcliffe in the competition. So I'm not sure who you're talking about.

In tonight's game the Dolphins are lucky they were playing a bottom 4 side. There are only about 3 teams in the NRL they could have beaten tonight. The can thank God they were playing one of them.

JOIN THE #KEVOLUTION
Ermaghaaaad... Just been reading some of these comments and is this really how you are, or are you trying to come across as an arsehole 🤣

"There is no Redcliffe in the competition"
"There is no rule that says I have to like the Dolphins"

What are you, 12 years old?

The team that most people were saying would win the wooden spoon and had no chance is sitting in 4th. No one would have predicted this, and they're playing far better than anyone would have predicted.

Credit where credits due, you don't have to be such an arse about it

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.