NRL 2024 Pre-Season Challenge Week 2

Still only 6-all at the 70mins mark... the attack in this game has been non-existent... I can't even recall either team being under that much pressure... and I don't think it's been epic defence from either team either

Still only 6-all at the 70mins mark... the attack in this game has been non-existent... I can't even recall either team being under that much pressure... and I don't think it's been epic defence from either team either

Its been a total borefest.

I need to work out this down town penalty rule before the season starts. Im sure there is a video somewhere explaining it.

I need to work out this down town penalty rule before the season starts. Im sure there is a video somewhere explaining it.

mr burns GIF

Kick chasers need to be behind where the play the ball took place, when the ball is kicked IIRC. So no more rushing from the ruck as soon as the ball is played and then waiting 10m from where the FB/winger catches it. This has been abused for years, glad to see it stamped out.

Kick chasers need to be behind where the play the ball took place, when the ball is kicked IIRC. So no more rushing from the ruck as soon as the ball is played and then waiting 10m from where the FB/winger catches it. This has been abused for years, glad to see it stamped out.
Yep it was ridiculous last year... the storm would literally start running down the field before the 5th tackle was even completed... Hughes would end up being the only player behind the ptb most of the time.

Big risk if there was a charge down, but it meant the kick chase got a 20-30m headstart on the kick.

I hope they stick with it, because it might actually open up some room for fullbacks not having an entire defensive line standing 10m away when they catch it.

Right so they can still be in front of the kicker they just cant be in front of the play the ball and run down there. Just saw a few that looked similar. That explains it.

I don't think dogs make top 8 this year again.

Storm getting some legups to start the trial... NRL not big on them looking inept last year

Storm copping a downtown on the first time they've actually had to kick... hook that shit into my veins!!!!

Hard to take much away from this so far... Knights look horrendous in attack and defence... Storm doing what they please and being put under no pressure.

Gap between teams looking consistent between these two at least.

Hard to take much away from this so far... Knights look horrendous in attack and defence... Storm doing what they please and being put under no pressure.

Gap between teams looking consistent between these two at least.
It seems odd that Melbourne have used 27 players, whereas Newcastle have only used 19 so far. You'd think if anything Newcastle are the team that may want to try out some different combinations.

It seems odd that Melbourne have used 27 players, whereas Newcastle have only used 19 so far. You'd think if anything Newcastle are the team that may want to try out some different combinations.
Melbourne must be happy with what they're going with and just wanting to give them a 20min hit out and then switch the whole team 🤔🤔

Surprised to see Ponga getting a whole half... he's their most important player... get him off the field and chuck whoever out there.

Newcastle definitely have questions still...
who's playing in the halves?
Hastings at lock?
Gamble at multiple spots to check utility value?
KPP vs Lucas, Will Pryce, Tuala vs Jenkins

Soo many questions surely

Melbourne must be happy with what they're going with and just wanting to give them a 20min hit out and then switch the whole team 🤔🤔

Surprised to see Ponga getting a whole half... he's their most important player... get him off the field and chuck whoever out there.

Newcastle definitely have questions still...
who's playing in the halves?
Hastings at lock?
Gamble at multiple spots to check utility value?
KPP vs Lucas, Will Pryce, Tuala vs Jenkins

Soo many questions surely
Very few answers as well, really scrappy stuff from Newcastle and bit of a reality check after last week's hit-out.

Meanwhile, Warriors get a nice reward after a nice kick and chase. I don't know why when you're built like Flegler, why your first instinct is cut-out pass. If the halfback wants it, get it to him, otherwise, you're getting an opportunity to wind up against flat footed defenders - stop me if you can, survive if I let you.

Dolphins look shithouse. They are going to be very low this year.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • RolledOates
  • Aldo
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Strop
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Justwin
  • Mr Fourex
  • Robboi_321
  • Yellowfella
  • leon.bott
  • Stix
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.