OFFICIAL NRL announces record-high salary caps for 2023 season

Well the players and clubs clearly have their eyes set on that sweet $220mil.

The NRL releasing the statement that an agreement has been made and outlining the terms. The players boycotting club commitments. Both sides are playing hardball trying to force the hand of the other.

I'm interested to see how far it goes. Neither side wants to relent at the moment.

The NRL releasing the statement that an agreement has been made and outlining the terms. The players boycotting club commitments. Both sides are playing hardball trying to force the hand of the other.

I'm interested to see how far it goes. Neither side wants to relent at the moment.

the NRL's definition of "agreement" during these negotiations seems to be "we decided unilaterally"

The players waited until the photographer had set up his equipment at Shark Park, before Wade Graham informed him that the players had chosen not to participate.

LOL....thats such a Cronulla / Wade Graham move.

the NRL's definition of "agreement" during these negotiations seems to be "we decided unilaterally"

I don't think V'landys knows the meaning of unilateral, I'd suggest he just said, 'Here's what I want and you guys just have to agree to it or else.'

Everyone seems to be siding with the RLPA here, I'm a bit torn. When I last saw the figures, the players were getting close to half the total money the NRL had to spend. I just think that, considering how many other people are required to make the NRL tick, plus the costs of, you know, running the comp itself, it's a bit much for the players to demand MORE of the pie.

I 100% support increases to minimum wage, increases to extended squad numbers so fringe players get looked after. And of course player safety and protections, etc. But when I hear of $800k, $1 mill players with % clauses that will eat up a huge chunk of the extra money, it just seems greedy. Especially as probably a quarter of the playing group are just gronks who would either be labouring in the sun 60 hours a week, or in fucking jail, I think they should be pretty fucking grateful. And those of decent character who genuinely deserve their position, they can always look for 3rd party endorsements if they truly think they are being short-changed.

I'm sure there are thousands of potential players out there who would happily play League for half the money these guys get paid, anyone who doesn't think they are being paid enough can walk their way to Centrelink and give someone else a shot.

Everyone seems to be siding with the RLPA here, I'm a bit torn. When I last saw the figures, the players were getting close to half the total money the NRL had to spend. I just think that, considering how many other people are required to make the NRL tick, plus the costs of, you know, running the comp itself, it's a bit much for the players to demand MORE of the pie.

I 100% support increases to minimum wage, increases to extended squad numbers so fringe players get looked after. And of course player safety and protections, etc. But when I hear of $800k, $1 mill players with % clauses that will eat up a huge chunk of the extra money, it just seems greedy. Especially as probably a quarter of the playing group are just gronks who would either be labouring in the sun 60 hours a week, or in fucking jail, I think they should be pretty fucking grateful. And those of decent character who genuinely deserve their position, they can always look for 3rd party endorsements if they truly think they are being short-changed.

I'm sure there are thousands of potential players out there who would happily play League for half the money these guys get paid, anyone who doesn't think they are being paid enough can walk their way to Centrelink and give someone else a shot.

Not the issue at hand though, the issue is that the NRL has announced things without actually having a plan to deliver it or consulting with others. You have someone in charge with a clue, this would have all been handled so much better.

Not the issue at hand though, the issue is that the NRL has announced things without actually having a plan to deliver it or consulting with others. You have someone in charge with a clue, this would have all been handled so much better.

Also, I would support the same argument, but it was the NRL who caused that yearly income to be so low by fucking up the rights deal.

The useless **** should resign.

It's actually less of the pie they have been offered then previous, it's just the pie got larger.

It's actually less of the pie they have been offered then previous, it's just the pie got larger.
pie GIF

Active Now

• The Strapper
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Morepudding
  • eggstar10
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Big Del
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • Foordy
  • Browny
  • mrtij
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.