NRL Crackdown on Punching

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm not saying it can't, my problem is with you calling anyone who throws a punch a braindead neanderthal thug. People snap, make wrong decisions and do stuff they normally wouldn't when they are pushed to do so.

People who snap are inner neanderthals. Pure and simple. We have extremely intelligent brains. We have reasoning that is unmatched in the animal kingdom. That some people think the best reaction is to punch simply shows they're not evolved.

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
People who snap are inner neanderthals. Pure and simple. We have extremely intelligent brains. We have reasoning that is unmatched in the animal kingdom. That some people think the best reaction is to punch simply shows they're not evolved.

It's a split second thing, a lot of the times people dont have the time to think about what they're doing.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
I can't see that the rules have changed at all just the refs have finally been told to ref properly the way they should have in the first game and if they don't they will be dropped from first grade.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Hip hip hooray for the over protective do gooders who want to change the game to suit their own soft warm cotton ball views of an age old tradition.

Three cheers for all the sensitive new aged souls who promote verbal abuse and degrading insults over the cold hard slap from men being men.

They've successfully campaigned to have the shoulder charge removed

and now a bit of harmless biff .......

What will be next on the good ship lollipop's anti-rugby league agenda.....?

Oz tag anyone.......?

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
I can't see that the rules have changed at all just the refs have finally been told to ref properly the way they should have in the first game and if they don't they will be dropped from first grade.

Exactly ..... Anderson should've simply dropped Klein and Hayne for failing to do their jobs. The reason there as been this outcry from the emotionally wounded is because Gallen was seen to get away with what he did. If the referees sent Gallen to the bin......the only outcry would have come from Gallen after the match whinging about why his side lost and how the referees cheated him by sending him off.

It's a fair indication that David Smith has no feel for the game when he can be manipulated so easily by the media and the over publicised minority of do-gooders.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Anderson should've simply dropped Klein and Hayne for failing to do their jobs.

He agreed with them for not binning him & then he does a backflip.

Anderson happy with Origin refs
NRL referees boss Daniel Anderson says he was satisfied with the decision not to sin-bin Paul Gallen in Wednesday's State of Origin opener.

The NSW skipper was put on report and will miss Cronulla's clash with Melbourne on Sunday after catching Nate Myles with a flurry of punches in the Blues 14-6 win at ANZ Stadium after pleading guilty to a grade two striking charge.

The incident on the stroke of halftime led to a melee between players from both sides but referee Ashley Klein opted not to give Gallen 10 minutes off the field.

Anderson happy with Origin refs - NRL.com

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Exactly .....

It's a fair indication that David Smith has no feel for the game when he can be manipulated so easily by the media and the over publicised minority of do-gooders.

I didn't mind the punch ups TBH but times have changed and Smith has had the balls to stand up and do something about it. The future of the game seems to be in good hands.
Smith has drawn a line in the sand and is letting everyone know where they stand it can only be a good thing.

This is an emotive sport and the punch ups will still happen but what Gallen did was a premeditated tactic knowing he wouldn't be sent

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
EDIT: Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
My necks red, I've been bullied ,harassed and threatened and never taken it. I've stood firm and thrown plenty when the situation warranted it. I've been stabbed with a broken glass, concussed by a heavy bottle over the back of my skull and had teeth knocked out with a fractured jaw as well. In life you can go through without having thrown a punch but I've found it's better to die standing than live on your knees.

For a lot of us ,we animals don't mind a fair fight between willing combatants. I actually enjoyed a fight when I was younger providing it was honourable and fair. The release of the bodies natural chemicals was exhilarating. Manly and masculine too.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
EDIT: Baiting

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Leave the personal barbs out of it guys.

Expected better from both of you.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Not sure what was said, never read it lol. Only came back to read some articles and there must have been some fireworks while I was away ! Either way I wasn't offended. All good.

BroncosAlways

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Well, first game tested these rules tonight.
Anyone catch the holden cup fight ??
Holy ****

Active Now

• Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.