NRL "Digital Pass"

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Is anyone else having issues with their Digital Pass tonight?

morethanjack

morethanjack

NYC Player
Contributor
Aug 12, 2013
What kind of issues? Mine keeps dropping out but I put that down to the fact that I'm leaching off my mates shitty internet.

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
What kind of issues? Mine keeps dropping out but I put that down to the fact that I'm leaching off my mates shitty internet.

Won't start at all, tries to stream the game and just times out. Hopefully it comes good tomorrow.

Ghibli

Ghibli

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Yes, I couldn't watch any of the games tonight. All I got was a black screen.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Yes, I couldn't watch any of the games tonight. All I got was a black screen.

Thought it was just me. Currently up near Rockhampton with the in laws. Video under wifi kept timing out. Could get video under mobile network, but no 4/3G so quality was very sketchy.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
does anyone know how to use this on a laptop ... to you have to download something...

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
You can't mate, it's mobile devices only.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
it says you can on the nrl website, but it wouldn't surprise me if Telstra were bullshitting me again

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
You CAN do it on a laptop but for live games you only get a screen the size of your phone for the game. It works better for tablets. Everything not live can be done full-screen (highlights,archived games etc) .

Always go via the website to sign-up as the 'in-app purchase' from the nrl app is different as it's not the full 'pass', just one for the mobile so you can't access anything from the laptop if you choose that one. then once you''ve signed up via the website you can sign in to the app with the same log-in and it's all using the same pass. I think the in-app version has confused a lot of people.

The one thing it doesn't work on is a desktop PC or iMac

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
It works on desktop PC as well, I was testing it out for a Panthers game just last week to see if it was a viable alternative to getting Foxtel just for league.. it's not and it stinks, the fact you can't go full screen is a joke and the quality is laughable.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
It works on desktop PC as well, I was testing it out for a Panthers game just last week to see if it was a viable alternative to getting Foxtel just for league.. it's not and it stinks, the fact you can't go full screen is a joke and the quality is laughable.

And yet I read it was only 'portable' screens meanings laptops at most. Oh well that's all I have haha. Yeah it's pretty hit-and-miss quality-wise. And the fact it's not completely in sync with Nine/Fox

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008

That really is fucking pathetic in this day and age.

Honestly, the NRL just continues to shoot itself in the foot. Lagging so far behind basically every other sport in the world.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
That really is fucking pathetic in this day and age.

Honestly, the NRL just continues to shoot itself in the foot. Lagging so far behind basically every other sport in the world.

I know it's a little much to ask, however i'd love to have them come close to the NFL Gamepass. Fullscreen on the Xbox One with the option to have my fantasy team update on the side live while I watch.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Isn't Gamepass for international viewers though?

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
US have blackouts, so if it's on TV in your area you can't watch It online. That's rumoured to be changing shortly as the US moves to a more digital nation.

I have heard of the NRL having an international pass but never seen it in action or even pics to judge it.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
There is an official site for streaming NRL games, but only for overseas viewers. It's free btw.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I actually just tried the NRL Digital Pass app the other day, thinking that on my Lumia 1520 it would be a decent experience.
I was wrong. Really wrong. The quality is absolute shit, looks like a video made for a 1" screen then stretched out.

If the quality was at least decent, say 480P, then they would have my money till the end of the season, but it's awful. I hope it flops big time so they reconsider making a proper streaming service.

My Internet is 35Mbps too, which is enough to stream 2160P/4k.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Justwin
  • phoenix
  • Gympie devil
  • Harry Sack
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Volvo Driver
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • BroncosAlways
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.