NRL - Finals Week 1

Yes, I have. Probably more than you. I was born there, so there's that. I also lived in Victoria in 2013\2014 and 2018 and am going back there again very soon and have met their so-called fans. In those 3 years I met a grand total of 2 of what I would call Storm diehards. So I have first hand experience of their ignorance. The commentators even made a point of saying how wrong the crowd were, when the video ref was watching footage of the Raiders guy knocking it backwards and the entire stadium was going wild as though it was going to be a Storm feed. I had a great chuckle.

They have plenty of diehards, they are the season ticket holders who sit behind the goalposts. But it's a good thing if some fans are misinterpreting the rules, it means that they have only been recently exposed to the game and are hopefully "future" diehards. I was at a Storm match just last weekend and the fans around me were certainly knowledgeable and most that I spoke to had either NZ, Qld or NSW origins.

They have plenty of diehards, they are the season ticket holders who sit behind the goalposts. But it's a good thing if some fans are misinterpreting the rules, it means that they have only been recently exposed to the game and are hopefully "future" diehards. I was at a Storm match just last weekend and the fans around me were certainly knowledgeable and most that I spoke to had either NZ, Qld or NSW origins.
Yeah, it's probably much easier to find them at the stadium on gameday. Let's see how many diehards are there when the Smith ride is over and they drop half a dozen positions on the ladder. Pretty much all of their "fans" have already switched teams once in their lifetime, apart from the younger ones.

Loving the salty tears from the Storm camp - it’s called Karma😂😂😂
Yep, I love it. For some reason, the first thing that came to mind was the bullshit Billy Slater "dropkick" try. It's just good to get a crap decision go the other way for once.

Melbourne lose to a bad ref call and Cronulla bomb out against a heavily depleted Manly in Gallen's last game.

The footy gods are good this day.

Well, the top six sides have all been a cut above the others all year, makes sense there would be such a big gulf. Does not bode well for the Broncs.

Melbourne lose to a bad ref call and Cronulla bomb out against a heavily depleted Manly in Gallen's last game.

The footy gods are good this day.

hopefully they haven't used up all their good will ...

after the whinging when we beat Parramatta two weeks ago, we may need them to counter the refs "square-up" mentality.

GO CANBERRA!!!!

I don’t really have a second team, but I’ll make an exception for the green machine...

It’s nice going for a second team which either a) aren’t a bunch of ***** , or b) rorting the salary cap

You didn't specify that in your post. You just said WB and JD have only lost once to the Roosters. Funny how that changes when it's pointed out to you that they have lost more than once..

Not the first time either...

‘This Rep level squad’

GO CANBERRA!!!!

I don’t really have a second team, but I’ll make an exception for the green machine...

It’s nice going for a second team which either a) aren’t a bunch of ***** , or b) rorting the salary cap

As long as it’s not you know who vs you know who, I’ll be happy.

Bye bye Paul Gallen but I bet we aren't done with him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on channel 9 commentating.

Bye bye Paul Gallen but I bet we aren't done with him, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on channel 9 commentating.
He's already contracted with 9 so I'd say it's a sure thing.

I kind of wish Fox/Nine would stop hiring dumb players to be commentators.

Anasta in particular, if Foxtel offer a paid package that mutes Anasta's commentary, I'd pay for it. Blocker Roach too, he sounds like he's calling a grand final winning try when he's just talking about a routine interchange.

Last edited:
Well fulltime anyway Kimlo, oh boy won't it be great around State of Origin time

Melbourne's Scramble defence is a liability if teams are smart enough to expose it, when teams go wide they get the whole line to just run to the edge, all you need is a cheeky offload or a quick pass in the other direction and you expose a giant hole.

The reason why that has worked for Melbourne is 99% of plays will just go to the wing, so they have it covered.

‘This Rep level squad’

How many rep players do you think they had in their squad in 2017? I don't think you realize the exact number...

They had a squad full of rep players in 2017, as well as 2018 and 2019.

Nice of you, and not surprising, to try and make WB's and JD's record against the Roosters look better than what it actually is, but it's actually 62%. To try and not include the 2017 games is just stupid.

GO CANBERRA!!!!

Plus they’re an entertaining football team.

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.