NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a professional arm wrestler, but you could tell that was going to happen after watching the replay, Ross was only using his arm and Wendell had his arm locked in a better position and was using his whole body weight, poor technique all around.

I do find it amusing that the first week they bring in a "Pro" to have their hands set correctly is the first week there's an injury.

Seriously, is anyone surprised by this? You could tell an injury was coming since the first segment.

Who the **** thinks arm wrestling is even good TV? The same dunces that think people want to watch retired footballers use a rowing machine probably. They should can this mud already.

I guess they won't have an arm wrestle next week?

The ch9 footy show just can't catch a break.

How the **** do you even snap a bone before doing a tendon or muscle first? it's not like the bones are breaking from being in a stress position or compounded via force. They're literally being held in position by a one or two millimetre thick piece of tendon, even more importantly, a piece of tendon that is in a very poor position for leverage.

Congrats to Anthony Watmough on 300 first grade games tonight.

Searched long and hard for this but I found an image of him in a Northern Eagles jersey where it all started 13 years ago. He scored the first try of his career in a 46-24 loss to the Sharks at Brookvale oval.

1147199-anthony-watmough-of-the-eagles-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg

Info from that game if anyone's interested

NRL 2002 - Round 19 - Rugby League Project

Channel 9 continue to show it can't handle even the basics of tv coverage, tackle counts are off frequently in every game.

Panthers injury woes continue.

Segeyaro out for 4-6 weeks.

Grade two medial ligament tear in his left knee. I can't see Panthers making the 8. But I also didn't expect them to make it to a preliminary final last year, so who knows? Maybe they'll surprise people.

Last edited:
James Roberts is set to switch to half back this week against the Roosters with Mortimer going back to hooker. Hoggman/Roberts half combo - should be absolute quality!

That spine. I reckon you would find a better one in most ISC teams

I hope Telstra loses the digital rights because that NRL Digital Pass is a fucking joke. The NBA and NFL have shown how to do streaming and if Google goes down that path, fantastic.

Last edited:
I hope Telstra loses the digital rights because that NRL Digital Pass is a fucking joke. The NBA and NFL have shown how to do streaming and if Google goes down that pass, fantastic.

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Painin the Haas
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.