NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fucking hate Google (the company) but oh man this would be awesome. We'd have a company with a clue managing the digital side of things. You can be sure you wouldn't be watching on your phone where full screen is really 240p and is only half full screen and struggling to stream all the time.

This would be great for the game, far better than the shit ***** at Telstra will ever do.

I mentioned earlier that Kemp is doing a podcast.

Here's his latest episode with Corey Norman where they touch on their time at the Broncos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HNUG2Ua2CI

Only part-way through but a good listen so far. Had to laugh at the 'emblem' comment and mentioning that Yow Yeh mucked it up one time.

...and we played the Dolphins in the grand final in 2001 at Redcliffe.

We won on the bell. Damien Quinn kicked the winning goal. He's a school teacher now. I remember the crowd just giving it to me, not to mention all those hard nuts on the field such as Troy Lindsay and Adam Mogg. It was the first time I'd played in front of a really hostile crowd, being a former Dolphin now playing for the glamour club (well, their feeder side). I was just so glad we won.

Moggy sledged me and later I gave him a spray. 'Enjoy this, Moggy. This is as good as it fucking gets for you, mate,' I told him.

Well, five years later, we played in the same Queensland Origin team, which won the series. Moggy had a good career with the Raiders, scored three tries in two Origin games and took the chance to earn really good money playing for the Catalans Dragons. So I learned early I wasn't that good at sledging.

:laugh: TATE!!

Iron Will is a good read.

Got bored.. allow me to introduce to you..

Wavell State High School - Best 17 of current NRL/ISC/NYC/SL players.

1. Greg Inglis
2. Jake Webster
3. Dale Copley
4. Aaron Whitchurch
5. Smith Samau
6. Kodi Nikorima
7. Jayden Nikorima
8. Josh McGuire
9. Kurt Baptiste
10. Sam Kasiano
11. Sika Manu
12. Adam Blair
13. Dunamis Lui

14. Richie Fa'aoso
15. Francis Molo
16. Herman Ese'ese
17. Sam Tagatese

Last edited:
Telstra is offering a free 12 month NRL digital pass for any Telstra customers.

Just go to your phone dialer (if you're with Telstra), and dial #831# and you'll get a code texted to you with a free 12 month NRL pass.
Get on it quickly before it expires, no idea when. It will automatically renew you after 365 days, so put a reminder in to cancel, or I think if you cancel straight away, it'll still keep you the full subscription time anyway.

Actually just double checked, you can cancel straight away and it will still remain active for 365 days but will not automatically renew.

For those who already are subscribed, I think the code is valid till 31-12-15, so you can technically keep it and just renew it as long as your subscription expires before then, if not you're out of luck and you can donate the code to someone here :)

If you're on a Telstra network (like Aldi or Boost) then try it, it'll probably work.

If you want to be sneaky, I'm 99% sure this would work on a $2 telstra pre-paid sim, since the # dial is a free service anyway... So yeah jump on it.

Last edited:
I'm on Aldi and it says "unknown application". Might be my 1980s phone.

I'm on Aldi and it says "unknown application". Might be my 1980s phone.
If you know anyone with a Telstra plan (pre-paid is fine), that doesn't watch NRL, use your renowned lady (or man) skills to swoon them and get the code. I got the code texted about 10 seconds after I dialed the # code.

If anyone here is already a subscriber and can't make use of the code, pass it on. I'd organise one for you, but unfortunately my family is full of people who don't understand what mobile networks are and differentiate only on how many gigs you get a month, so yeah, none of them are on on Telstra.

FYI codes don't stack, so if you have a subscription that doesn't expire before 31-12-15, you can't make use of this offer.

FYI codes don't stack, so if you have a subscription that doesn't expire before 31-12-15, you can't make use of this offer.

Damn, count me out then.

If anyone wants my code just PM me.

Edit: Code is gone lads.

Last edited:
Stone to be sacked

Well the Knights are travelling so badly someone's head had to roll. Apart from the first month they have been a complete rabble, missed close to 50 tackles on Saturday night which ices my opinion.

Wonder how that guy with the banner early in the year thinks now?

Last edited:
IMO, it is stupid to sack a coach less than a year into his stint as head coach.

It takes a coach 2-3 years to clear out the dead wood and get the tean he wants.

So with that in mind i think a coach should be given 2 seasons before he is sacked... That way he has time to get his team, not be judged on his predecessor's team.

Sacking a coach this early clearly says (at least to me) that the club didn't put any thought into the appointment.

The Knights should have sacked heaps of players before sacking the coach.

IMO, it is stupid to sack a coach less than a year into his stint as head coach.

It takes a coach 2-3 years to clear out the dead wood and get the tean he wants.

So with that in mind i think a coach should be given 2 seasons before he is sacked... That way he has time to get his team, not be judged on his predecessor's team.

Sacking a coach this early clearly says (at least to me) that the club didn't put any thought into the appointment.

Dead wood or no, there's a basic level of performance you'd expect them to get out of a first grade side.

What Newcastle have been dishing up of late has been nowhere near first grade quality. They've been going backwards for weeks.

I would say that it's curious timing rather than letting him see out the season. That said it's a chance to see if the Knights will respond to a Newcastle hero in Buderus, hopefully curry some lost goodwill from their fan base for next year.

On current form, you'd think memberships would be way down for 2016. Jag a few wins, restore some pride in the jersey, maybe they can give the supporters some hope for the future.

@Gus10Gould: Peter Wallace has suffered another ACL injury .. Very sad .. Dean Whare sees surgeon re broken thumb tomorrow https://t.co/oLcapPc5Iu

I wonder if Moylan will get put into the halves.

The Knights should have sacked heaps of players before sacking the coach.

Yep, a pile of those players should be following him out the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Evander
  • winslow_wong
  • Aldo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.