NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Simmons announced his retirement today

Our loss tonight secures a 3rd straight minor premiership for the Roosters. Just for a fun fact this is the first time since the Manly team from 1995-1997 that a side has won 3 straight minor premierships. I know the Storm did it but that was with an illegal team so I don't count it.

Roosters are probably cheating more than Melbourne tbh.

Our loss tonight secures a 3rd straight minor premiership for the Roosters. Just for a fun fact this is the first time since the Manly team from 1995-1997 that a side has won 3 straight minor premierships. I know the Storm did it but that was with an illegal team so I don't count it.

Pretty much in the same way NSW "won" the 2014 SOO series with their illegal team .....?

Their captain that year, Paul Gallen, was using PED's which he was convicted for later in the season.....so I don't count it.

Roosters are probably cheating more than Melbourne tbh.

I've been thinking that even the Storm shed players during their 2007 - 2009 run, while still cheating the cap. I'm about to look up some lists to compare...

Okay, looking at the sides:

MELBOURNE: Losses from '07 GF winning team:
2008: Matt King, Ben Cross, Clint Newton
2009: Israel Folau, Brett White, Matt Geyer, Jeremy Smith, Michael Crocker

ROOSTERS: Losses from '13 GF winning team:
2014: Daniel Mortimer, Luke O'Donnell
2015: Anthony Miniciello, Sonny-Bill Williams, Frank Paul Somethingarather

And then when you consider that the Storm continued to bring in journeymen to fill the void, you have the Roosters bringing in Ferguson...

And they still supposedly have money for Hayne.

The key isn't so much looking at gains/losses, but the amount of players who were retained. A lot of Storm players received a ton of inerest, particularly Slater, GI, Cronk & Smith - yet fans were led to believe the Storm could hold onto them and still field some pretty handy players around them.

I will say if Sydney are busted for salary cap breaches, I won't have any sympathy for them. At least Melbourne developed their talent, if you look at the 2013 Grand Final, it was their buys in James Maloney, Sam Moa, Michael Jennings and SBW who made the difference.

The NRL don't even seem to be hiding the fact they are favouring the Roosters ...

George Burgess charge with a grade 2 contrary conduct charge for throwing a water bottle pretty softly at Kane Evans. Didn't even hit him. Burgess could miss 2 weeks.

Maloney sticks his leg out for an illegal trip ... Hit the Souths player around the waste ... Free to play ...

WTF

The NRL don't even seem to be hiding the fact they are favouring the Roosters ...

George Burgess charge with a grade 2 contrary conduct charge for throwing a water bottle pretty softly at Kane Evans. Didn't even hit him. Burgess could miss 2 weeks.

Maloney sticks his leg out for an illegal trip ... Hit the Souths player around the waste ... Free to play ...

WTF

And didn't burgess do it in retaliation for evans throwing a ball at his team mate? And evans only got a grade 1?

So they are literally saying that the roosters will be half as punished as the rest of the league. Uncle nick must have a really tight grip.

Why the **** are tripping offences no longer an automatic send off. In the 80s and 90s if you done that you were off immediately. Do the NRL just not give a **** about tripping? Reynolds almost broke Barbas leg last year and got **** all. Do they need to break someone's leg to get sent off?
With Maloney, the precedent was set with that little fuckwit Reynolds and the soft stance he got. They should really toughen up on this though. Its just unacceptable and sooner or later its going to break someone's leg.

So we've had head butts and kicks receive less then a week but throwing a water bottle and miss gets you 2 weeks.

No wonder we all think the MRC is a joke

It's not quite as good as the Jimmy Kimmel segment, but it's better than nothing. Here's the Broncos edition of Mean Tweets.

Can recognise a few BHQ members in that lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not quite as good as the Jimmy Kimmel segment, but it's better than nothing. Here's the Broncos edition of Mean Tweets.

Can recognise a few BHQ members in that lot.

Hah, Maranta seems like a pretty cheeky guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hah, Maranta seems like a pretty cheeky guy.

Kinda the opposite of what I imagined lol, I was picturing the class nerd that was really shy, he seems pretty funny though.

I wonder what the full strength NZ side would look like at the moment, Nightingale has regressed a bit this season, I think he's done for international appearances.

1. Tuivasa-Scheck
2. Hiku
3. Whare
4. Kenny-Dowall
5. Vatuvei
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Luke
10. Warea-Hargreaves
11. Matulino
12. Mannering (c)
13. Taumalolo

14. Kasiano
15. Tapau
16. Moa
17. Blair

Depth: Glenn, Eastwood, Ma'u, Pritchard, Matai, Taylor, Watene-Zelezniak, Nightingale, Simona, Nikorima

Jesus christ lol

I wonder what the full strength NZ side would look like at the moment, Nightingale has regressed a bit this season, I think he's done for international appearances.

1. Tuivasa-Scheck
2. Hiku
3. Whare
4. Kenny-Dowall
5. Vatuvei
6. Foran
7. Johnson
8. Bromwich
9. Luke
10. Warea-Hargreaves
11. Matulino
12. Mannering (c)
13. Taumalolo

14. Kasiano
15. Tapau
16. Moa
17. Blair

Depth: Glenn, Eastwood, Ma'u, Pritchard, Matai, Taylor, Watene-Zelezniak, Nightingale, Simona, Nikorima

Jesus christ lol

England is fucked, but they wouldn't stand a chance against a full strength, Tim Sheens-less Kangaroos team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.