NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a pointless article . Oh wow ppl from Sydney want their team in the GF , what a scoop . I hope he didn't get paid to write that .

Is he serious? **** Sydney. If they feel like they're entitled to a "home" team playing, then the best thing for them is a dose of Suck Shit.

If Melbourne can show up to QLD and NSW duking it out, why can't NSW do the same for Melb and Brisbane? Are they saying NSW are lesser league fans than fucking Melbourne?

If Melbourne can show up to QLD and NSW duking it out, why can't NSW do the same for Melb and Brisbane? Are they saying NSW are lesser league fans than fucking Melbourne?

NSW have long been suspected as being pea hearts and fair weather league fans.

It's only been in recent years that they can fill ANZ at SOO games.......co-incidentally enough, when NSW have started to play a little better and have made it an actual contest.

THIS will sound horrendously Sydney-centric and I will no doubt attract plenty of criticism north and south.
But here goes anyway.

A Brisbane-Melbourne grand final will hold little interest or passion among the 7.5 million people of NSW.

Sure, it would be a great game played but two stellar sides chock-full of stars.

The quality would be first-rate, as would the execution.

But Sydney fans are funny. They love their own side and also love to hate other teams.

They love to bag Manly, Canterbury, Souths, Roosters, Eels. It brings out the passion and soul among Sydneysiders.

It will be difficult to conjure up any false or contrived love or hate for Brisbane or Melbourne.

No doubt television ratings will be strong and ANZ Stadium will more than likely be sold out.

But will the game be discussed around the water bubblers at work in Sydney offices?

Will Sydney fans really care who wins or loses?

Can Sydney fans somehow find a team to support?

Sydney fans want their footy to have spirit, be fierce, consuming and intense.

You can't just tell fans to feel these emotions. It comes from within, it comes from your childhood days when you learn who to love and hate, generally through your parents or grandparents.

A Broncos-Storm grand final would be first-class when it comes to pure footy.

I still can't see too much excitement being generated in Sydney

Hi Bulldog, 2006 called. How did that go?

Wow, that's the biggest load of shit I've seen in a while.

Who gives a **** about Sydney fans, I didn't give a **** about the 2014 GF either.

Wow, I hate Melbourne probably as much as any team, but if the Cowboys get knocked out I'll be cheering on Melbourne to make the GF. Just to piss off the Sydney media.

Most media types in Rugby League are just hacks really you guys know they are just trolling just to sell papers and get reactions from everybody clickbait sells news and ratings very effectively.

The only point he really makes is that Sydney fans have bigger rivalries with each other then with any interstate team. For example if we played Parramatta in the grand final 95% of Sydney and fans around NSW for that matter would be backing us with everything. The Broncos players would get cheered through the streets of Bankstown in the GF week.

Here's a thought Dean.....we'll hold the GF in Brisbane.

Problem solved.

Controversial opinion here.

I really doubt the GF would be a success in Brisbane. How many one eyed QLD'ers would attend a game between the Roosters and Sea Eagles?

I really doubt the GF would be a success in Brisbane. How many one eyed QLD'ers would attend a game between the Roosters and Sea Eagles?
Lol, the Roosters have been consistently one of the top teams in the last few years, what's their crowd average?

Pretty bad logic, NSW clubs can't even get good crowds at their home games.

Pretty large supporter base up here for Sydney clubs.. It's not just Broncos and Cowboys fans.

There is a good chance it will be a sellout.

Beagles are a bad example as well. They won't even travel over the Harbour Bridge.

How many one eyed QLD'ers would attend a game between the Roosters and Sea Eagles?

I was going to say something to that, but you're right. I wouldn't even watch that shit on TV.

I would if it was a Grand Final in Brisbane. But I'd boo and mock the other fans in the crowd.

Just because we're one-eyed QLD'ers doesn't mean we don't appreciate the chance to watch a top quality football game.

If the Roosters and Sea Eagles were good enough to make it to the GF, then i expect we'd get a good turnout here.

Just because we're one-eyed QLD'ers doesn't mean we don't appreciate the chance to watch a top quality football game.

If the Roosters and Sea Eagles were good enough to make it to the GF, then i expect we'd get a good turnout here.

This. If the GF was ever miraculously held at Suncorp, I'd go regardless of who was playing and I'd lay money on it being a sell out.

How on earth hasn't Gideon Mosby cracked first grade for the Cowboys this season? 38 tries in the NYC this year.. That's just absurd, they should certainly blood him next year ahead of Feldt / Wright, I wouldn't mind seeing Moga getting another crack in first grade as well, we still haven't seen him fully healthy.

1. Coote
2. Mosby
3. O'Neill / Moga
4. Linnett
5. Winterstein
6. Morgan
7. Thurston

It's only a matter of when, not if for Mosby.

He's got all the tools to become a great winger, the challenge for him will be getting some bad habits out of his game and improving himself physically. In first grade, your winger has to be able to take hit-up number one or two and really get the team on the front foot. That's why the Roosters are so good - SKD is the best in the business and Tupou can be handy as well.

Pretty large supporter base up here for Sydney clubs.. It's not just Broncos and Cowboys fans.

There is a good chance it will be a sellout.

And not just for Sydney clubs, if the Warriors made it, I can tell you now you won't have any trouble getting interest here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Redux
  • Purple Pills
  • Financeguy
  • Gaz
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wild Horse
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Confidor
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.