NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sharks should counter sue

Carney is a dead shit ... but if the Sharks were stupid enough to not sack him by the book, then they are also dead shits

Carney is a dead shit ... but if the Sharks were stupid enough to not sack him by the book, then they are also dead shits

It's hard to believe he doesn't play for them anymore because they are so well suited

Nah, Carney's an awful fit for the Sharks. He doesn't mind an unscheduled piss test.

I'm actually going to do some Carney defence. I feel he has legitimate claim to say he was unfairly sacked, he wasn't commiting any kind of crime and wasn't putting anyone in danger, he was basically being a harmless idiot. I didn't think what he did to get sacked was a sackable offence.

I'm actually going to do some Carney defence. I feel he has legitimate claim to say he was unfairly sacked, he wasn't commiting any kind of crime and wasn't putting anyone in danger, he was basically being a harmless idiot. I didn't think what he did to get sacked was a sackable offence.

He breached the code of conduct.

That's a sackable offence.

He probably should have been able to plead his case, but there is no issue with the sacking.

Last edited:
Cowboys are going to be one of the teams in the season opener next year.

They will likely be playing one of the top-rating Sydney clubs.

I thought it would have made more sense to have them play the Broncos.. The Grand Final re-match in the opening game of the season. That's a blockbuster start right there.

It's a smart business decision.

Broncos/Cows will draw in spite of whether it opens or not.

The Courier Mail is doing a series of best/worst recruitment decisions for each club over the last 5 years.

Darius Boyd and Adam Blair have managed to get themselves on a best and a worst list :laugh:

Boyd and Blair have made the list for best buys over the last 5 years for the Broncos (Milford is also on that list)

but worst buys list for Newcastle and Tigers respectively.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...-your-team-fared/story-fndv2us0-1227574472477

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-past-five-years/story-fniablze-1227578138942

World Side Heads All Stars Revamp - Broncos

The game’s finest Indigenous players will clash with a new World All Stars team following a revamp of the Harvey Norman Rugby League All Stars concept.

NRL Head of Football Todd Greenberg today announced that next year’s match, to be played on February 13 at Suncorp Stadium, will feature the Indigenous All Stars against the newly-termed World All Stars.

The World All Stars team will feature a minimum of four players each from Australia, New Zealand and England, while the remaining players will be made up from other nations - Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, PNG and France (if available).

The move follows a review of the annual All Stars match, which has been part of the rugby league calendar since 2010.

Mr Greenberg said the World All Stars team would encourage the players to embrace their countries of heritage.

The Australia, New Zealand and England Captains will be automatic selections for the team, which will be selected by coach Wayne Bennett.

The World All Stars team will include at least one player – and a maximum of two players - from each NRL Club.

Should be a little bit more interesting, I haven't had a lot of interest in it in recent years. I wonder if we can predict what sort of line-up Wayne will pick, given the criteria. 1-2 player from each NRL club, at least 4 from Aus/NZ/England.

1. Tuivasa-Scheck (Warriors / NZ)
2. Radradra (Eels / Fiji)
3. Hoffman (Titans / NZ)
4. Whare (Panthers / NZ)
5. Waqa (Raiders / Fiji)
6. Widdop (Dragons / Eng)
7. Cherry-Evans (Eagles / Aus)
8. J.Graham (Bulldogs / Eng)
9. Smith (Storm / Aus)
10. Scott (Cowboys / Aus)
11. Blair (Broncos / NZ)
12. Cordner (Roosters / Aus)
13. O'Loughlin (Wigan / Eng)

14. G.Burgess (Souths / Eng)
15. K.Sims (Knights / Aus)
16. W.Graham (Sharks / Aus)
17. Woods (Tigers / Aus)
18. Taupau (Eagles / NZ)
19. Liu (Roosters / Samoa)
20. Milford (Broncos / Aus)

That's the best I can come up with off the top of my head..

1+ player from every club, the captains of NZ England & Australia, 5 players from NZ, 4 players from England, 8 players from Australia, 2 from Fiji, 1 from Samoa.

League | Raiders involved in messy contract dispute with star youngster | SPORTAL

NSW Cup player of the year Mitch Barnett wants out of the Raiders in order to sign a more lucrative deal with the Gold Coast Titans, after discovering his current contract wasn't officially lodged with the NRL.The 21-year-old, who re-signed with the Raiders in April for two years, had his agent email the Raiders to inform them he wants to leave the club.

However Canberra officials are happy to take the matter to court, and believe their current contract with the youngster is binding.

"We believe we have got an agreement and we will be exploring our legal avenues in that regard," Raiders chief executive Don Furner told Fairfax Media.

"We reached an agreement in April and it was our intention that he would be a long-term player with us."

Meanwhile the youngster's manager Mandy Hull told Fairfax that there was no binding contract with the NRL.

Barnett played two games for the Raiders this year and is a promising talent, however he is stuck behind plenty of quality back-rowers in the nation's capital.

Good grief Raiders, good grief.

Wasn't lodged with the NRL. Is this their way of cheating the salary cap, albeit probably the second tier? What B4L said.

Wouldn't expect any less from the Faders under Furner and Stuart.

Ch9 news just said that Brett Stewart will be Manly's 5/8 to start next season .

Ch9 news just said that Brett Stewart will be Manly's 5/8 to start next season .

Two weeks before he's out for at least 2 months with an injury.

I'm pretty sure Dylan Walker will be Manly's Five-Eighth, unless the deal falls through.

I'm pretty sure Dylan Walker will be Manly's Five-Eighth, unless the deal falls through.

yeah just a quick look online seems to be what the other journos are thinking too

I don't think Manly themselves even know who is going to be 5/8..

There have been a lot of names tossed up lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Muros
  • Big Del
  • Wild Horse
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Manofoneway
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Nightwatchman
  • Battler
  • heartly87
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mrtij
  • marw
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.