NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Brown could face the "wrath" of the RLPA if he comes good on his threat to dump Tapine if he signs with Canberra..

Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with it.

The Knights are in a rebuilding phase. They need players in the team that are completely committed to the Knights. If Tapine isn't, I don't see much of an issue with them dumping him for a player that is.

And I would like to know what the RLPA can even do about it..

Last edited:
So, Brown could face the "wrath" of the RLPA if he comes good on his threat to dump Tapine if he signs with Canberra..

Honestly, I don't have much of a problem with it.

The Knights are in a rebuilding phase. They need players in the team that are completely committed to the Knights. If Tapine isn't, I don't see much of an issue with them dumping him for a player that is.

And I would like to know what the RLPA can even do about it..

I agree. Why waste time developing a player that is just going to go elsewhere? The coach can pick whoever he wants, he's not booting him out of the squad, he's just not going to pick him in first grade.

The Knights screwed the pooch with Tapine. He was clearly one of their more talented players, yet he was in and out of first grade without any clear direction.

If he does leave, Brown will be better off looking at other players. However, he can't afford to cut his nose off to spite his face. If Tapine is the best option, he may as well use him.

The Knights screwed the pooch with Tapine. He was clearly one of their more talented players, yet he was in and out of first grade without any clear direction.

He was only ever in because one of their grandpa forwards had to pull out with arthritis.

Man I get so bored in this time frame every year, after the home cricket test series is over and I'm just waiting for the 9s / Trials to start to get my league fix. What do I do :(

For the Rugby League obsessed, it's throwback January.

It's a perfect opportunity to go back and watch some old matches. Hours upon hours of entertainment and a lot of it is like new since in most cases it's been years since those matches were on.

Then next week we've got the opening rounds of the Super League and all the pre-season stuff opening up. Aside from a one week gap from the last trial to the first round of the weekend, it's all ships ahead till October.

Hook has canned Peter Wallace again and named Moylan Penrith captain.

Moylan strikes me as a leader and having him in the team can lift the confidence of others around him. He is still only young though so it will be interesting to see how he handles it.

Moylan seems to be very level headed & mature beyond his years. Also well liked & respected by his players. I'm not surprised he was picked.
As for Wallace under Hook... good luck there Pete!

Hook has canned Peter Wallace again and named Moylan Penrith captain.

I wonder if he told Wallace he would keep the captaincy earlier in the preseason, just to psyche him out again.

Good choice by Hook, looks like he might've changed his ways a bit, if he was at the Broncos he wouldn't have had the balls to name a young player captain.

Good choice by Hook, looks like he might've changed his ways a bit, if he was at the Broncos he wouldn't have had the balls to name a young player captain.

Probably Gould's decision though.

I can see everything done well at the Panthers being credited to Gould and everything bad to Hook... lose, lose situation.

Hey, guys! Wasn't sure where to post this but i was just wondering if someone could give me their 2c on Jordan Drew. Apparently, he has been training the house down. Very likely he will head over to the nines and looks like he could be quite the footballer. What's everyones opinion on him?

Hey, guys! Wasn't sure where to post this but i was just wondering if someone could give me their 2c on Jordan Drew. Apparently, he has been training the house down. Very likely he will head over to the nines and looks like he could be quite the footballer. What's everyones opinion on him?

Played one game in the NRL and went ok. Very good player in the NYC but just couldn't beat out established players in first grade. I think he could establish himself in first grade if he gets enough time on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncsNBundy
  • bert_lifts
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.