NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Hoffman to the Dragons and Peter Mata'utia to the Titans, according to the Lurker.

Josh Hoffman to the Dragons and Peter Mata'utia to the Titans, according to the Lurker.

Weird move by the Dragons unless it's to free up cash.

I hope the Hoffdog doesn't think he's going to get his number 1 jersey back at the Dragons?

Weird move by the Dragons unless it's to free up cash.

I hope the Hoffdog doesn't think he's going to get his number 1 jersey back at the Dragons?

I think he would be more happy getting out of the Titans tbh.

Ben Barba will be the starting Fullback for the Sharks according to The Lurker. Holmes on the wing, Bird at centre.

I dunno, I wouldn't be keeping Holmes out of fullback for too long. Unlike someone like Alex Johnston or whatever, he's somebody who really wants the position and looks like he'd be suited to it. Especially with other clubs circling him. Barba should be forced out ASAP.

That makes the most sense IMO
Makes the most sense in terms of keeping their salary cap on the field and off the sideline. Especially given the value of Barba's contract.

From a team/strategic perspective, I just don't see how Barba fits in. Holmes at fullback, Bird in the centres or back row (him and Wade Graham would give them plenty of options on either side of the field).

I just think Holmes offers a better all around package at 1, and I can't see Ben displacing Maloney either. He's costing them too much to play off the bench. Maybe Maloney to 7 and Barba to 6? I'm not too sure how they'd work together but if they could get it going, it's arguably got more potential than Maloney and Townsend (though less reliable, I suppose).

Last edited:
No team in the NRL would be stupid enough to pick up Barba from the Sharks especially seeing what they pay for him. We were dead set lucky to get rid of him in the first place (all be it we had to pay some of his pay packet though). Only way the Sharks get rid of him early is if a super league team wants him.

Panthers might start Moylan and Te Maire Martin in the halves according to the mole.. R.I.P Soward & Wallace.

Not every fullback is like Darren Lockyer and able to make the transition. Panthers should just stick with him at fullback because he is one of the best fullbacks in the competition. He could turn out to be Ben Barba for all we know and that transition didn't work

Panthers might start Moylan and Te Maire Martin in the halves according to the mole.. R.I.P Soward & Wallace.

Nah ... Griffin will play Te Maire Martin as a bench hooker for years before he gets his start :tongue:

Not every fullback is like Darren Lockyer and able to make the transition. Panthers should just stick with him at fullback because he is one of the best fullbacks in the competition. He could turn out to be Ben Barba for all we know and that transition didn't work

I don't think Molyan is fullback. From what I've seen from him he relies on his footwork a lot when running the ball...he isn't particularly quick either. Imo he is one of the best ball players in the game and he's got all of the skills...I think he could quite easily make the switch. It would cover up the weak parts of his game a bit more too. If I was Griffin I would start Martin in the halves this season with Soward and then next season bring Moylan into 5/8 and shift DWZ to fullback.

Moylan was made a fullback when he signed with Panthers.

He was a half before then.

Moylan is easily the most overrated player in the game by rugby league media. He is a good player, but just that. It sucks because he seems like a good guy. The comparison to Lockyer is ridiculous though, yes he has blonde hair and plays fullback. That's as close as he gets.

Sounds like the Sharks will move Jack Bird to fullback. I don't expect the move to last long. A bit like the Carney and Anasta to fullback moves I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Wild Horse
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.