NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I read the other day that they were leaning towards starting Barba at Fullback and Bird in the Centres.

I thought I read the other day that they were leaning towards starting Barba at Fullback and Bird in the Centres.

I am sure Flanagan commented recently that Bird is the front runner for the fullback role.

Sounds like the Sharks will move Jack Bird to fullback. I don't expect the move to last long. A bit like the Carney and Anasta to fullback moves I reckon.

I believe nothing until they line up for the first game personally. That being said, it was hinted at late last year from memory.

I'm still not sure why they signed Townsend? He's a decent player but I feel like he hit his ceiling last season. I think I watched two sharks games last season so I'm not knowledgable enough to make a judgement, what did everyone else think about him last season? The only positive I can think from moving him out from the halves is that Beale won't be there

Moylan is easily the most overrated player in the game by rugby league media. He is a good player, but just that. It sucks because he seems like a good guy. The comparison to Lockyer is ridiculous though, yes he has blonde hair and plays fullback. That's as close as he gets.

This. If NSW pick Dugan at centre, I hope they pick Moylan at FB.

Moylan would go good at fullback for NSW. He can organise the attack (something which none of their halves in the past 10 years could manage to do)

I always found the Moylan/Locky comparisons laughable. He isnt anywhere near the player Locky was at fullback, and he wont be anywhere near the 5/8 Locky was either. He just looks a bit similar.

Ryan Hoffman is replacing Simon Mannering as captain of the warriors.
Bit harsh really considering he captains NZ and his form hasn't dipped since he was captain. Might be something else behind this

Does anyone else think the Bulldogs might be making a major mistake signing Mbye for $750,000 a year over 4 years?..

I mean.. I thought he was good last year, but I watched way more Bulldogs games than I should have, and I must say, he's still extremely raw in terms of play making, he's very hit or miss with his kicking game, and he can get lost for 20-30 minutes at a time during games..

Mbye has talent I have no doubt. But for 750k I don't think so yet. But then again, if he comes out and dominates this year it looks like money well spent on the dogs behalf. He will be the main go to guy at the dogs now so teams will be planning for him now whereas last year they didn't.

Mbye being paid 50% more than Hunt makes me even happier.

I am more than happy to give Hunt his pay day next contract. He has definitely earned it

Does anyone else think the Bulldogs might be making a major mistake signing Mbye for $750,000 a year over 4 years?..

I mean.. I thought he was good last year, but I watched way more Bulldogs games than I should have, and I must say, he's still extremely raw in terms of play making, he's very hit or miss with his kicking game, and he can get lost for 20-30 minutes at a time during games..

I thought the same, but remember the new salary cap will be $10 - $12 million. So in today's money it's like $450k a year. Still a bit high, but not outrageous.

I thought the same, but remember the new salary cap will be $10 - $12 million. So in today's money it's like $450k a year. Still a bit high, but not outrageous.

Potentially.

Nothing has been officially confirmed just yet - all we know is that the salary cap will be $7 million next season. Until the NRL makes an official announcement, any deal in that vicinity has to be considered risky.

I hope Mbye lives up to the price-tag. He's a quality talent who has all the skills to play at the highest level. However, 4 year $3 Million Contract is double what I'd be willing to pay him and I don't have as much faith in him as Hasler has. Des rarely gets it wrong, but this could be T-Rex all over again.

I suspect this deal will spell the end for Josh Reynolds, whose current contract reportedly worth $475K per year comes to an end in 2017. He doesn't match-up well with Mybe and the Bulldogs maybe prompted to sign an organiser who is willing to run through the gameplan with minimal fuss. Reynolds and Mbye are too similar in that they play what is infront of them, with minimal thought put into what the team needs.

I am more than happy to give Hunt his pay day next contract. He has definitely earned it

Yeah me too.

Just happy with the value for money at the moment.

The Titans are set to have Nathan Friend and William Zillman as co-captains this season. If there was ever a reason why the Titans have no hope it was naming William Zillman as a captain. The clown shouldn't even be in first grade ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gaz
  • broncoscope
  • Stix
  • BroncsNBundy
  • teampjta
  • Ffs...
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.