NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Crawley, in an article about how Gould needs to make a decision on the next Bulldogs coach pretty quickly has reported that the Bulldogs have gone completely cold on Shane Flanagan, with resentment over the way Flanagan has been actively campaigning over Barrett’s coaching grave.

if they're not careful, they'll miss their preferred option because IMO the Tigpies aren't far off sacking Madge
Whatever that means, lol.

Whatever that means, lol.

Mostly it's been that he's gone on podcasts etc saying he can get the team firing or get his son firing etc.

maybe that's not what the Bulldogs are looking for in a coach

Dally M voting has gone behind closed doors and Ben Hunt is leading.

Can anyone honestly say he's been the best player?

Anyone a regular watcher / listener of '100% footy' on Nine ? If so, does anyone else think Paul Gallen may be starting to show some tell-tale signs of head trauma (dysarthria I think they call it) ?

Since the show went to podcast format, so you can just hear the audio, I've started to notice a slight deterioration / slurring in Gallen's speech. Hope I'm wrong.

two weeks ago Gould said this re: the Bulldogs job

“I think it’s a job for an experienced man. It’s not an easy situation,” Gould said on 100% Footy two weeks ago when Trent Barrett left the Bulldogs.

“Over the next couple of weeks people will start to get busy... and they’ll probably want to have a look inside the Bulldogs and see what they’re up against over the next 18 months.”

Gould told a media pack waiting outside Belmore 15 days ago that “my phone has been running hot, there are plenty of applicants”

On Monday Gould said this re: the Bulldogs job

“I’ve had no applications for the Bulldogs job,” he said.

“I’ve had no inquiries, nor have I spoken to anyone about it, nor am I in a hurry to speak to anyone about it. So I can’t answer your question.

“I’ve had no applicants, nor am I waiting for any applicants.

“No I don’t (know who I want). I’ve given it no thought. Just recovering from the fact we’ve had a coach resign.”

two weeks ago Gould said this re: the Bulldogs job

“I think it’s a job for an experienced man. It’s not an easy situation,” Gould said on 100% Footy two weeks ago when Trent Barrett left the Bulldogs.

“Over the next couple of weeks people will start to get busy... and they’ll probably want to have a look inside the Bulldogs and see what they’re up against over the next 18 months.”

Gould told a media pack waiting outside Belmore 15 days ago that “my phone has been running hot, there are plenty of applicants”

On Monday Gould said this re: the Bulldogs job

“I’ve had no applications for the Bulldogs job,” he said.

“I’ve had no inquiries, nor have I spoken to anyone about it, nor am I in a hurry to speak to anyone about it. So I can’t answer your question.

“I’ve had no applicants, nor am I waiting for any applicants.

“No I don’t (know who I want). I’ve given it no thought. Just recovering from the fact we’ve had a coach resign.”

"The bloke I wanted turned me down, so now I'm fucked and I haven't figured it out yet."

“I’ve had no applicants, nor am I waiting for any applicants.”

this bit here is ….erm….interesting.

everything ok Phil?

That phone running red hot but no applicants?

That's ok Phil, you got coaching experience and I'm sure you can turn them around!

WTF ...

Peter V’landys is set to be appointed Kangaroos’ chairman of selectors

According to the report, the proposal for V’landys inclusion on the selection panel is due to be signed, hoping to steer the nation’s best rugby league talent to World Cup glory.

Meninga, Slater and Fittler are the other selectors

WTF ...

Peter V’landys is set to be appointed Kangaroos’ chairman of selectors

According to the report, the proposal for V’landys inclusion on the selection panel is due to be signed, hoping to steer the nation’s best rugby league talent to World Cup glory.

Meninga, Slater and Fittler are the other selectors
I know right! What is he gonna base his selections on? "yeh the track is a dry one and no rain forecast so I think we should go with the fella in the stripey top he goes good on a dry, firm track'. It's beyond laughable. His hubris knows no bounds.

I know right! What is he gonna base his selections on? "yeh the track is a dry one and no rain forecast so I think we should go with the fella in the stripey top he goes good on a dry, firm track'. It's beyond laughable. His hubris knows no bounds.
Adam Sandler Halloween GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

Dally M voting has gone behind closed doors and Ben Hunt is leading.

Can anyone honestly say he's been the best player?
Dally M has never been about best player, just who can establish them selves the best in their team to horde points, because the rest won't get them.

Just watched the Titans Vs Cowboys highlights, why is the hammer playing? Thought he was picked in the Maroons squad.
Good ol' Isaako, I feel for the Titans fans. They could've of been us if we stuck with Isaako.

Good ol' Isaako, I feel for the Titans fans. They could've of been us if we stuck with Isaako.
Isaako has been awful all year. thank god we got rid of him. Feels good to be finally rid of all the plodders from the past few years.

News Corp can reveal Bennett will be named interim coaching advisor for Tonga in a one-off Test against New Zealand on June 25 at Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland.

Kristian Woolfe won't be able to fly to NZ due to his commitments with St Helens, so Dean Young will be the caretaker coach

Kent has chosen to resign rather than apologise, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.