NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. Kent is someone with a backbone and will put his name to articles and stand by them not caring who it upsets. I haven't listened to Triple M since he left.
Kent is an idiot who couldn’t take the hint that he overstepped the mark. Good riddance to him.

I’m off and on with triple m. I liked Maroon, Hooper is brain dead, Kent can be good but is mostly just opinionated drivel, and James Graham is good to listen to. Tallis just speaks Tallis things.

I’m off and on with triple m. I liked Maroon, Hooper is brain dead, Kent can be good but is mostly just opinionated drivel, and James Graham is good to listen to. Tallis just speaks Tallis things.
Good. His opinions are generally quite good and well thought out. He calls out the BS, rips into the players when they deserve it, and defends them when they deserve it. He is one of the better pundits to listen to, the recently retired players like Benji and Graham are afraid to criticize, the old retired like Tallis and Blocker are just brain dead.

Warriors response believed to be, “Oh no. Anyway….”

So Mr. George ... you even sign a coach that doesn't want to move to NZ.

the comment about not signing people who don't want to move to NZ is looking worse every day, although in this case, maybe they hope he won't, as it saves them from firing him.

Rothfield / Richie are reporting that Brown has been called to an emergency meeting tomorrow at 9am in Redcliffe with the CEO and Owner. they say he'll be sacked and Stacey Jones will be the interim coach while the search for a long term replacement

They also say that Brown's decision not to return to New Zealand with the team will save the Warriors from a hefty payout of the final 18 months of his contract.

Rothfield / Richie are reporting that Brown has been called to an emergency meeting tomorrow at 9am in Redcliffe with the CEO and Owner. they say he'll be sacked and Stacey Jones will be the interim coach while the search for a long term replacement

They also say that Brown's decision not to return to New Zealand with the team will save the Warriors from a hefty payout of the final 18 months of his contract.

Conflicting reports there.

By all reports, Brown is fine with seeing out his contract but won't coach in NZ beyond that so not sure how they will be saved a payout.

Conflicting reports there.

By all reports, Brown is fine with seeing out his contract but won't coach in NZ beyond that so not sure how they will be saved a payout.

Rothfield saying that Brown is willing to coach the remainder of the season, but officials are reluctant to go along that path.

translation, the Warriors want to fire him, and are using his reluctance to relocated to NZ to try and stiff him on paying out his contract

And all the while Walsh must be watching this and thinking ”what the hell have I done”.

Serves the impatient little twat right.

Suffer in yer jocks mate!
Hope he fucking hates himself. Everything I have heard about him he won’t though, he is all about himself.

On Reece Walsh, you can't begrudge him for leaving us when he did, we were a basket case and he wasn't getting an opportunity with us. He had an offer to go play for the Warriors and learn his trade under RTS, however the circumstances are significantly different now.

For me, his entire development has been a shambles, ever since he got in that Warriors side Nathan Brown hasn't developed him, instead he put him up on a pedestal and gradually we've watched him decline.

Walsh could also be looking at it as a way to get out of his Warriors contract tbh. Although, I think you have to have a clause written into your contract for that. With contracts these days though, who knows.

On Reece Walsh, you can't begrudge him for leaving us when he did, we were a basket case and he wasn't getting an opportunity with us. He had an offer to go play for the Warriors and learn his trade under RTS, however the circumstances are significantly different now.

For me, his entire development has been a shambles, ever since he got in that Warriors side Nathan Brown hasn't developed him, instead he put him up on a pedestal and gradually we've watched him decline.

You can begrudge Walsh for leaving.

He left for a big money offer, and because the Warriors promised to forgo his proper development and throw him straight into the NRL side.

Before signing with the Warriors, Walsh had never even played a single game in the reserve grade comp. We were never given the chance to give him an opportunity in first grade. And it's not like he had Tedesco blocking his path yo the NRL, he had bloody Isaako in front of him.

Walsh wasn't even prepared to try and beat out him for the position,

You can begrudge Walsh for leaving.

He left for a big money offer, and because the Warriors promised to forgo his proper development and throw him straight into the NRL side.

Before signing with the Warriors, Walsh had never even played a single game in the reserve grade comp. We were never given the chance to give him an opportunity in first grade. And it's not like he had Tedesco blocking his path yo the NRL, he had bloody Isaako in front of him.

Walsh wasn't even prepared to try and beat out him for the position,
Maybe I'm being too harsh on young Walsh. At that young age you're totally lacking experience and wisdom, so he probably thought getting the big dollars and a chance at NRL provided the cash for his young family and allowed him to show the world what he could do.

If only he had the same maturity as a young Carrigan as it would have allowed him to see that what Kevvie was telling was for his own good.

Even now, he could come back to the Broncos on a lower wage and he would still make up for the lost revenue in the long run. I'm sure given the right coaching (are you listening Jamayne?) he'd easily surpass Ponga and cement a spot in the FB for Queensland in a year or two.

As it stands he'll be ordering pizza on origin nights for many a year to come.

How the Warriors did a sell job on Walsh and hoodwinked him should be a lesson to all young up and coming Queenslanders. They might promise you the world, but in reality all they can deliver is a cold wet destination that even their coach is mad keen to avoid.

To be fair to Nathan Brown I believe his win percentage as a coach has improved a few points while at the Warriors.

It's now almost 28% and was only 26% while at Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Fozz
  • The Strapper
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • BooKhaki
  • Browny
  • Dazza 92
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.