NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the Sharks V Saints trial now on Kayo.

If you're a Telstra customer you should be able to sign up for Kayo for $5p/m I just redeemed the offer through the Telstra app and signed up. $5p/m for 12 months is awesome.

If you're a Telstra customer you should be able to sign up for Kayo for $5p/m I just redeemed the offer through the Telstra app and signed up. $5p/m for 12 months is awesome.

I really like Kayo, purely to not have to listen to the channel 9 commentary buffoons. Unfortunately, you do get Steve Roach though.

If the trial is anything to go by there just won’t be any penalties this year (6 agains or blown penalties)... actually there was a blatant holding down during the game that wasn’t going to be called, but the player then dropped the ball and got a penalty.

I feel that will be the storm/roosters tactic this year if the refs just refuse to penalise anyone... blatantly being held down, just drop the ball and get your normal penalty

Last edited:
If the trial is anything to go by there just won’t be any penalties this year (6 agains or blown penalties)... actually there was a blatant holding down during the game that wasn’t going to be called, but the player then dropped the ball and got a penalty.

I feel that will be the storm/roosters tactic this year if the refs just refuse to penalise anyone... blatantly being held down, just drop the ball and get your normal penalty
It was low quality ASF but in the parts where I wasn't falling asleep there was a few blatant hold downs in the ruck that went unpunished.

Anyway I've given up hoping the refs will ref, I'm instead hoping KW teaches the team to exploit every rule.

It was low quality ASF but in the parts where I wasn't falling asleep there was a few blatant hold downs in the ruck that went unpunished.

Anyway I've given up hoping the refs will ref, I'm instead hoping KW teaches the team to exploit every rule.
Yeah I'm sick of us trying to be the choir boys of the competition... we're getting no where trying to pander to the NSWRL.

Tactical penalties - everyone else does it... "all good", Broncos start doing it "we might change the rule to 6 again"

Player contracts - Stephen Crichton, Tupouniua, Cameron Murray, Nathan Cleary, etc. sign uncontested... Broncos 4th string 17 yr old "15 clubs interested in prodigy his manager... wait no ... an inside source claims to be a hybrid of Sonny Bill and GI"

Player wants out - Tigers holding firm... Broncos being dicks about not releasing Bird and paying $600k

Off field incidents - CHN caught behind the wheel with high range drink driving [crickets... V'Lando waiting it out]... Broncos player swearing at coppers "life ban!!!"

Penalties in general - Broncos literally in the bottom half of the comp for penalties running on 2 decades #penaltybroncos !!

Old boys and history - 1997 GF never counted ... Melbourne storm's 2 removed premierships sit in a trophy cabinet, Dally M's, Clive Churchill's, etc. still counted, "Greatest club of the last 15yrs"... literally spent 1/3 of it systematically cheating the salary cap to establish their playing roster

Lockyer wins 4 premierships and only player to win RLPA player of the year in two different positions "not an immortal" ... coked up druggo from Newcastle wins 2 premierships "immortal!!!... the 8th.... Joey 🥰🥰🥰"

Last edited:

Hmmm, appears to be $15/month on my offers on the app. Normally $25, save $10.

Hmmm, appears to be $15/month on my offers on the app. Normally $25, save $10.
I read that you had to have signed up for NRL Live Pass at some point to be eligible for the $5 or its $15 (which was free for Telstra customers) so I'm guessing you never registered for that?

Last edited:
I read that you had to have signed up for NRL Live Pass at some point to be eligible for the $5 or its $15 (which was free for Telstra customers) so I'm guessing you never registered for that?
Had the live pass a couple of years ago. I’ll look in to it. 5 bucks is an absolute steal.

Ivan Cleary has said that he won't be considering Brent Naden for selection until round 5, due to the cocaine scandal

he is permitted to train with the team and play reserve grade for the first 4 weeks. this isn't a club imposed suspension, Cleary made it on his own after consultation with his senior players

Last edited:
Ivan Cleary has said that he won't be considering Brent Naden for selection until round 5, due to the cocaine scandal

he is permitted to train with the team and play reserve grade for the first 4 weeks. this isn't a club imposed suspension, Cleary made it on his own after consultation with his senior players
Let’s be honest, Cleary wasn’t going to pick Naden anyway. Dropped him gf eve

That team list Tuesday change is great. Really glad they're doing that, so sick of tipping a team expecting certain players playing, turn it on and it's a completely different side running out there.

Griffin has named Ben Hunt as the new Dragons Captain. Announcement expected in the next 48 hours

Sims, Lomax and McCullough were reportedly the other contenders

Last edited:
Griffin has named Ben Hunt as the new Dragons Captain. Announcement expected in the next 48 hours

Sims, Lomax and McCullough were reportedly the other contenders
That’s a great decision, you always want the guys that cannot handle the pressure or step up in the big games as your captain.

Griffin is currently looking like he is going the way of Seibold, man I hope he does. I’ve always been a bit of a fan of Hook but I just can’t understand some of these decisions he’s making.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • Fatboy
  • marw
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.