NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what an odd thing to start a thread about

Raiders fan taking B4L's advice about jumping in a week early, hoping Sticky's Scandinavians win and can start trolling?

Condolences to Brett Kimmorley who lost his wife today to cancer, she was only 39.

Wow poor guy, that's horrible!

Ivan Cleary is set to become the Wests Tigers coach.

Salary cap looks like it'll only be $8.3 million for the top 30 players. Some teams are going to be shitting themselves.

Scratch that. It's the NRL's first offer to the RLPA and is set to be rejected. The players are saying that they want to work with the NRL and that safety is their concern, but on top of that $8.3 mill is a whole bunch of extra stuff like insurances and welfare officer payments. So, really, it's not about safety, the players just want more money. Fair enough if the NRL are making a lot more themselves, but don't bullshit.

Salary cap looks like it'll only be $8.3 million for the top 30 players. Some teams are going to be shitting themselves.

If it doesn't hit the initially predicted 10 million .. then the clubs will only have themselves to blame by forcing the NRL to give them a grant 130% over the cap.

as soon as that shit happened I knew the NRL would never raise it my as much as people were expecting

Time to give out 1 year, $1m contracts to every decent off contract player.

So who are they protecting? I am sure the Cowboys would be over, but who else?

I know the NRL have taken its time, but so what? Just because some clubs started spending stupidly doesn't mean they had any better idea about the cap than others. It was speculation and literally throwing big money at players in hope.

Time to give out 1 year, $1m contracts to every decent off contract player.

Front-ended contracts for a wishlist of players. Make sure we're back under for 2019, but keep the stars around.

I know the NRL have taken its time, but so what? Just because some clubs started spending stupidly doesn't mean they had any better idea about the cap than others. It was speculation and literally throwing big money at players in hope.
This is a good point. Did we lose Hunt because we were sensibly not willing to spend ridiculous money without confirmation of the cap? If that's the case then the Dragons will be rewarded for their error and we will be punished.

Is the NRL fucking serious? They don't have the guts to punish the blatantly obvious cap-less cheating Cowcheats?

So.. no salary cap next year to prevent the NRL's golden boy's image from being tarnished. **** off.

That's some disgusting double standards right there club-wise. I would be furious if I were a Storm or Eels fan right now.

We really did get fucked over deluxe in 2015. Well I am just going to assume a bunch of fuckwit NRL protected cheats won in 2015 and that the mighty * won yet again. No wonder they won so many games that year via disgraceful refereeing. It wasn't as bad last year, but this year, fmd, NRL want them to win again.

* - 2015 premiers. Well done *****.

I know I've already posted this link before, but don't forget this howler back in 2015 they got away with: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-...ys-players-property-deals-above-board/6654168

Tigers to announce Cleary as the new head coach this afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • Morkel
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.