NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah definitely O Brien, sooky peice of shit, and knights are a mess

Ricky has anger issues but does he ever take it out on randoms? I seem to recall an incident when he was Aus Coach, but that's it. My money is on O'Brien.

Deadset, it has been hilarious seeing all the backflips after what happened to the Roosters last week. I remember saying at the time that the result was great but more important was the fact the Roosters got hammered by the new rules. Coincidence a lot of media heads have changed their tune in the interim? I think not.

Case in point:

NRL Tonight last week: Spud Carroll - 'The crackdown is great, I love it, we need to protect players. Even now sometimes I have issues with my head and it worries me, etc.'

NRL Tonight tonight (funny right?): Spud Carroll - 'This is ridiculous, TPJ falls into the tackle, what is he supposed to do? I turned to the dark side this week and watched the AFL because of it.'

Both slightly paraphrased but I have my popcorn out for the change of tune on 360.

Hooper unloads on George Williams on 360 for home sickness. Apparently Williams' partner is pregnant and wants to go home. I've experienced something like this when living overseas and if it is true, it can be truly unmanageable. If it is for financial reasons, he deserves all he gets but a bit unfair to unload on the guy without knowing all the facts.

Hooper unloads on George Williams on 360 for home sickness. Apparently Williams' partner is pregnant and wants to go home. I've experienced something like this when living overseas and if it is true, it can be truly unmanageable. If it is for financial reasons, he deserves all he gets but a bit unfair to unload on the guy without knowing all the facts.
Hooper could be the biggest bellend in the NRL media.
And that’s saying something

In fairness to the 360 guys, they sound sad to have to defend the crackdown but at least they are sticking to their stance last week.

Anyone know who was the coach that had a massive tantrum on Magic round at the Hotel, had a big winge about food quality in the restraunt or something and even had the players embarrassed.

What was reported:

NRL COACH'S MAGIC ROUND HOTEL TANTRUM
The NRL are fully aware of an incident in which a head coach behaved extremely badly in Magic Round in Brisbane - but have chosen to sweep the incident under the carpet.

The coach in question threw a tantrum at the five-star hotel his team was staying at, abusing restaurant staff and slamming a table complaining about the quality of the food and service.

Both his players and hotel employees were embarrassed by the coach's outburst - and it's not the first time this bloke with anger management issues has acted poorly in the public eye.

NRL officials aren't happy with his antics, believing they cast the game in a bad light and send a shocking message to his young players.

But because the hotel staff were ordered not to take the matter further by management - and no complaint was officially lodged with the NRL Integrity Unit - the matter has been put to bed.
I'd have to go O'Brien... the cheap shot call of "with anger management issues" suggests they are harking back to his run in at the race day during the preseason

Radley has figured out how to guarantee a downgrade ... blame TPJ for the high shot

He says Pangai played his part in the collision by running at speed and bracing himself while claiming Radley’s technique wasn’t a major issue in this instance. “He doesn’t jump up at the head, he gets on his toes and momentarily leaves the ground ... [to tackle] a bigger player,” McLeod adds.

Radley has figured out how to guarantee a downgrade ... blame TPJ for the high shot
It’s such a dumb defence that it will probably work.

Also the game and officials recognising the touchie by her old name, and even though I think she’s beyond terrible a lot of time, she deserves the basic respect to be referred to properly in an official capacity (they’re referring to her as Sleeman when she’s now Sharpe). Such amateur hour by all involved.

Doesn't leave the ground... unless it's a halfback that has just kicked the ball

It’s such a dumb defence that it will probably work.

Also the game and officials recognising the touchie by her old name, and even though I think she’s beyond terrible a lot of time, she deserves the basic respect to be referred to properly in an official capacity (they’re referring to her as Sleeman when she’s now Sharpe). Such amateur hour by all involved.
She’s probably registered as Sleeman officially. Given the legal nature of these proceedings I doubt it’s anything other than intentional because of how she is registered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Midean
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Socnorb
  • sooticus
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.