NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is, I think you can catch it multiple times.
Know a guy i game with caught covid before getting vax got double vax and caught it twice after that.then fell through a roof doing some electrical work lol

Tell him to buy a lotto ticket

Know a guy i game with caught covid before getting vax got double vax and caught it twice after that.then fell through a roof doing some electrical work lol
Hope he’s a Storm supporter as well.

FMD, is his nickname Lucky by any chance?

Brent Read reporting that the NRL conducted secret trials late last year for forward pass technology. the trails will continue during the pre-season and Women's Premiership.

apparently there are two proposals they are trialing with a view to taking them to the ARL commission for approval.

Option 1:

Developed by a company called "Sportable". Wests Tigers head of football Tim Sheens reached out to Annesley with a contact for the company, which boasted technology developed by a nuclear engineer who had previously worked with NASA.

Their technology involved placing microchips in rugby league balls to track the ball and measure its speed, which in turn would allow officials to detect whether the ball had been thrown flat or backwards.

Option 2:

is a process that is "believed" to use technology similar to the Hawk-Eye, which is used in cricket and tennis respectively.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley says:

“We have been quietly working on different types of technology with a couple of companies for the past 12 months or so,” Annesley said. “It’s not an easy solution due to the physics of the forward pass rule and the location of cameras at venues.

“We’ve been exploring two very different possible solutions and we trialled one of them behind the scenes in a number of games late last year.

“The alternate proposal will also be blind-tested in several pre-season matches over the next month. This will allow us to properly assess the capability and accuracy of both technologies against each other.

“After the trials we will discuss the results with the Commission and seek further direction on next steps. While I’m not sure of the outcome at this stage, the potential to finally crack one of the great frustrations of our game is very exciting.”

Brent Read reporting that the NRL conducted secret trials late last year for forward pass technology. the trails will continue during the pre-season and Women's Premiership.

apparently there are two proposals they are trialing with a view to taking them to the ARL commission for approval.

Option 1:

Developed by a company called "Sportable". Wests Tigers head of football Tim Sheens reached out to Annesley with a contact for the company, which boasted technology developed by a nuclear engineer who had previously worked with NASA.

Their technology involved placing microchips in rugby league balls to track the ball and measure its speed, which in turn would allow officials to detect whether the ball had been thrown flat or backwards.

Option 2:

is a process that is "believed" to use technology similar to the Hawk-Eye, which is used in cricket and tennis respectively.

NRL head of football Graham Annesley says:

“We have been quietly working on different types of technology with a couple of companies for the past 12 months or so,” Annesley said. “It’s not an easy solution due to the physics of the forward pass rule and the location of cameras at venues.

“We’ve been exploring two very different possible solutions and we trialled one of them behind the scenes in a number of games late last year.

“The alternate proposal will also be blind-tested in several pre-season matches over the next month. This will allow us to properly assess the capability and accuracy of both technologies against each other.

“After the trials we will discuss the results with the Commission and seek further direction on next steps. While I’m not sure of the outcome at this stage, the potential to finally crack one of the great frustrations of our game is very exciting.”
All this because the refs miss the absolute blatant forward passes... can already see occurrences where minute forward passes result in tries being called back, 60m breakaway tries being called back because the final pass ends up being forward, game winning tries being called back because of nothing forward passes.

They won't be able to say inconclusive because there will be technology sitting there making the decision for them

This will be a disaster. When the answer is simply getting competent people and/or holding people to account why do we always have to go to the absolute opposite extreme?

All this because the refs miss the absolute blatant forward passes... can already see occurrences where minute forward passes result in tries being called back, 60m breakaway tries being called back because the final pass ends up being forward, game winning tries being called back because of nothing forward passes.

They won't be able to say inconclusive because there will be technology sitting there making the decision for them

The thing that shits me is they miss a blatant one, the media gets stuck in mid-week, then the following week they call everything forward

I hope its better implemented that the offside lines VAR use in the premier league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.