NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would make spare time each week so I could watch. It would be hilarious.

Mate, if you've been asked to stop bringing something up by someone and keep going you're a flog. This isn't about the sensitive souls who are offended by everything. Between my mates there's plenty of shit we can give each other but there's things you wouldn't say and if they said they didn't like something you just don't keep going.

Maroon has asked all of them numerous times to stop, he's taken a stand and walked out. He's not being a "snowflake" here. Paul Kent is such a snowflake that he won't even get on Twitter or face any criticism for his shit takes, by the way.
Fair enough @Cult sometimes I read things too quickly, and I've missed that he asked it to stop more than once. Fair call.

The kiss of death
FS2DmGkaUAANjjz

And damn Gould is still here, another promise he can't keep.

Phil Gould on Trent Barrett resignation

“When a coach feels like he needs to resign, we all feel like we’ve failed,” Gould told reporters on Monday afternoon.

“It was Trent’s decision. I certainly wasn’t going to sack him. It’s sad it’s come to this.

“I think the performances and pressure, he got the feeling he didn’t have the solutions for what was going wrong.

“That’s how he felt at the time. He made the decision on Sunday night.

“Late last night after I had finished the commentary on Nine, we had a long discussion, it was a very difficult discussion, it was pretty raw, he poured his heart out a bit, and he put his heart into this job.

“It’s sad the way it has ended. Hopefully he finds a bit of respite now and a bit of peace.

“He wanted to end the speculation and any pressure on the board to make a decision, so he took it upon himself (to resign).”

who ever goes in next gets a not bad side next year imo would be chasing hard for a better fullback for next year let dufty go

Phil Gould on Trent Barrett resignation

“When a coach feels like he is being pushed out needs to resign, we all feel like know we’ve failed,” Gould told reporters on Monday afternoon.

“It was (not) Trent’s decision. I certainly wasn’t going to sack him. It’s sad great it’s come to this.

“I think the performances and pressure, he got the feeling he didn’t have the solutions for what was going wrong any support.

“That’s (not) how he felt at the time. He made was told the decision on Sunday night.

“Late last night after I had finished the commentary on Nine, we had a long no discussion, it was a very difficult discussion very easy lecture, it was pretty raw good fun, he poured his heart fourth beer out a bit, and he I put his heart the knife into this job guy.

“It’s sad the way it has ended. Hopefully he finds a bit of respite now and a bit of peace goes away quietly.

He I wanted to end the speculation and any pressure on the board to make a decision, so he took it upon himself (to resign fall on the sword).”

Corrected for accuracy errors.

who ever goes in next gets a not bad side next year imo would be chasing hard for a better fullback for next year let dufty go
Tell them Turpin played fullback in his younger days

P.s. what coach cares about forcing a board to make the decision.

It’s interesting listening to a grab of Anasta talking about the Dogs. He’s saying they’ve lost their DNA, the dogs of war is gone and they need someone who can bring it back. This all sounds very familiar.

It’s interesting listening to a grab of Anasta talking about the Dogs. He’s saying they’ve lost their DNA, the dogs of war is gone and they need someone who can bring it back. This all sounds very familiar.
But didn't they have Dean Pay there before Trent and he wasn't able to instil it.

The one who keeps fucking it for them is whoever is in charge of handing out the contracts.

Under Dessie they basically backloaded everyone and left themselves in a massive hole for years eventually plummeting them to the wooden spoon.

The second they got a bit of breathing room Barrett went out and bought like 4 fullbacks (Cotric, Allan, JAC and Dufty), overpaid on edge backrowers and then decided a discard 7 was their way out (that does sound familiar)... before finally being able to land Burton... except he had no one around him.

What's interesting is the person apparently the Bulldogs are going after is Freddy.

Not sure how a bloke that's never been a part of the club can bring back the DNA of the club.

What's interesting is the person apparently the Bulldogs are going after is Freddy.

Not sure how a bloke that's never been a part of the club can bring back the DNA of the club.
That and getting the players to walk about barefoot isn’t going to work for 26 rounds each year.

But didn't they have Dean Pay there before Trent and he wasn't able to instil it.

The one who keeps fucking it for them is whoever is in charge of handing out the contracts.

Under Dessie they basically backloaded everyone and left themselves in a massive hole for years eventually plummeting them to the wooden spoon.

The second they got a bit of breathing room Barrett went out and bought like 4 fullbacks (Cotric, Allan, JAC and Dufty), overpaid on edge backrowers and then decided a discard 7 was their way out (that does sound familiar)... before finally being able to land Burton... except he had no one around him.
I agree. They finally sorted out their cap and instead of a slow well thought out recruitment and development drive they immediately spent it all on opportunistic pick ups. Many of which were being flicked from their existing clubs for being muppets.

Recipe for disaster

So along with Naden, high performance manager Dan Ferris has left the club.

Consultant Steve Hansen could also be in his way out.

Jack Hethrington will be leaving as the club won't be taking up his option

So along with Naden, high performance manager Dan Ferris has left the club.

Consultant Steve Hansen could also be in his way out.

Jack Hethrington will be leaving as the club won't be taking up his option

Paul Vaughn will be leaving, as well. Dogs have been shopping him around but no NRL club wants him so he'll be going to England.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • simplythebest
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • peter09
  • Harry Sack
  • Maroon4life
  • RolledOates
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.