NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manly have today sacked, Bob Fulton's daughter Kristie, who was overseeing the clubs elite pathways program.

it was "understood" that the move blindsided her and she was asked to leave the club immediately

this is the second time she has been sacked by the club. she was first let go in 2017 by then CEO Tim Cleary (who lasted less than a year) before being brought back

The rumours for a while have been that Penn wanted to get rid of Des and the Fultons from the club I think.

Broncos chairman Karl Morris gave the axed coach a ringing endorsement to Sea Eagles chairman and owner Scott Penn and by this point Manly were more than convinced they had the right man to take over from Hasler

Finally Karl Morris did something good

Things are getting even messier at Manly.

The media are saying that Penn family (with the help of the new CEO) is making a power play to oust the Fulton family from control of the club.

Kristie Fulton is claiming that she was treated like a thief. she was reportedly summoned to Mestrov's office, sacked and "virtually frogmarched" off the premises.

She is also considering legal action against the club for unfair dismissal (she went down this path successfully several years ago)

it's also being reported that she raised concerns about the pride jersey saga several times.

From what I hear, the Fulton family having their control of the club taken from them would be a good thing for Manly going forward.

"We shouldn’t be looking to ‘out’ people that then puts them in a position of significant shame and only piles on more issues when genuinely people can make mistakes"

Except the second time isn't a mistake, it's a pattern. The first time could be a mistake, and they already have what they want there, low penalty, no public announcement, education.

Clint Newton = moron.

This is the same bloke that broke up with Jennifer Hawkins

He doesn’t strike me as someone that has good ideas

From what I hear, the Fulton family having their control of the club taken from them would be a good thing for Manly going forward.
To me it sounds like Penn side is the one that caused the self inflicted damage in the first place and is sacking everyone that raised the issue before hand and had to deal with the fallout.

I guess you can say a club may run smoother with more Yes men but if the direction is shit from the top it makes the damage alot worse.

From the outside looking in, Manly look to have signed their death warrant, but what do I know.

To me it sounds like Penn side is the one that caused the self inflicted damage in the first place and is sacking everyone that raised the issue before hand and had to deal with the fallout.

I guess you can say a club may run smoother with more Yes men but if the direction is shit from the top it makes the damage alot worse.

From the outside looking in, Manly look to have signed their death warrant, but what do I know.
I agree, my first thought when I read the article was that Kristie had been sacked for doing her job. I hope she sues them for unfair dismissal and takes them to the cleaners.

Josh Aloiai has broken his silence on the Pride Jersey saga. revealing he and his family received death threats ... also saying that the same thing will happen next year (when Manly play in the Pride jersey during 2023. Penn has said this will be happening).

Josh Aloiai says

“(We received) death threats, my family got threats, I got threats about my son,” Aloiai told Channel Nine.

“You should never be put in a situation where your religious views or cultural views and beliefs conflict with your job.

“Our atheist boys, for Easter round, (if) we wanted to wear a Christian jersey and they weren’t comfortable in doing that... it’s all the same – I will support them.

“We still have nothing but respect for people that choose to live that way of life.

“We personally don’t want to live that way or endorse it but, at the same time, we quietly took our stance and didn’t say anything hateful or hurtful.

“Instead we were the ones that were called everything under the sun.”

Aloiai said his gay sister accepted his viewpoint to not wear the jersey.

“Me and her (have a tight relationship) and she knows that I love her to bits,” Aloiai said.

“Throughout all this happening, we did have a chat and she totally understood where I was coming from.

“She rang me up and was like: ‘How are you going? You all right? It’s so crazy the way the media has blown this out of proportion’.”

Asked about wearing the pride jersey next season:

“The short answer is no, I won’t,” Aloiai revealed.

“We didn’t compromise this year and we won’t compromise next year or the year after.

“A difference of opinion is not a difference of respect.”

Glad that Manly are the flaming car wreck this year.. much better to watch another club generate all the wrong headlines.

We are experts at this, so we know a thing or two that's for sure after the Cullen and White years.

Josh Jackson announced his retirement effective immediately. He still had a year left on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • thenry
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • MrTickyMcG
  • heartly87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.