NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't fathom it IF (and I stress if) that is the reason they want to sack him. He 100% should sue them if that is the case about the jersey presser.

Golden hand shake has smoothed that over .

Now would you buy a used car from this man ? He and his Mrs don`t look sane in this pic .

Anthony Seibold, pictured with his wife in 2018, will take over from Des Hasler at Manly

Thanks for providing reasons. I obviously don't agree with this view he was the only one who could have done it (I know this isn't what you are saying here) or that he even did it well but I do understand why people have that view. My issue is what he seemingly sold in order to get that 2 or 3 week jump on other codes, so in my very biased view, getting it restarted early came at too high a cost and this is lost in the praise he receives for getting it restarted. Given, in his own words, the NRL was two months from effective becoming bankrupt, he could have actually waited a little bit longer before he blinked and likely sold the next tv deal for less as part of it.

But as I say, I am biased because seemingly every other decision he has made has basically been the wrong one, I just find it hard to believe he got this one right.
I'm sure others could have done it, but no other code in Australia did. They waited on the NRL to do it, and then followed suit after they copped the blow back. I think the current game is better than 2019, as it's much faster and less wrestle and slow based. It needs some massive tweaks, but I still think it's better.

It's interesting watching this game and thinking, would we still win this under the current rules? I don't think we do.

But we did, and we'll have always have that over Melbourne, so suck shit Melbourne.
Melbourne's forgotten.

Must be the decade of absolutely shitting on us and winning a handful of minor and premierships in the interim.

If you can't remember the events of 2020 and how the NRL pioneered a way through the pandemic while every other sport around the world sat around with their dicks in their hands, you must be fucking senile. No one said anything about going broke you drooling baboon.

I will be eternally grateful to the NRL for giving me something to look forward to each week during that period. I don't fucking care how much you want to gripe and moan for the sake of it. It was fucking great. Five stars and credit were it was due.
There's just no need for that

Hasler's lawyer has sent a demand to Manly for $1 million compensation for his termination. which could go higher if the seek damages for 2024 as well.

Hasler's claim is that on October 6, Hasler was re-engaged by Manly for 2023, an offer which was accepted “unequivocally”. He agreed to the new deal with "added stipulations and conditions"

Hasler's lawyer will claim that this constitutes a new contract superseding the previous deal.

they may also seek damages for the 2024 season claiming that this year he was denied the chance to trigger a contract extension

Hasler's lawyer has sent a demand to Manly for $1 million compensation for his termination. which could go higher if the seek damages for 2024 as well.

Hasler's claim is that on October 6, Hasler was re-engaged by Manly for 2023, an offer which was accepted “unequivocally”. He agreed to the new deal with "added stipulations and conditions"

Hasler's lawyer will claim that this constitutes a new contract superseding the previous deal.

they may also seek damages for the 2024 season claiming that this year he was denied the chance to trigger a contract extension

He is a STRONG chance of getting that too. Manly has absolutely screwed this up badly AND the lawyer can refer to the jersey fiasco as a precedent for Manly not doing things properly.

He is a STRONG chance of getting that too. Manly has absolutely screwed this up badly AND the lawyer can refer to the jersey fiasco as a precedent for Manly not doing things properly.
There's rumours of an email trail about the Jersey and that more people knew about it than has been reported. Not sure if Des is included in that and I haven't heard it from a credible source.

If he will agree to a million, just pay him and have done with it.

They can't be wasting coin on protracted legal matters, they will have to pay out Seibold soon too.

Also if the statements are true about the 'renegotiated' contract, discussions, etc. on October 6 that would supersede the jersey fiasco, which I believe Manly are using as the catalyst for bringing the club into disrepute.

They can't say we're happy to keep you on if you do x, y & z... only to then go back to an incident before that to use as justification to get rid of him. They were seemingly happy to retain him after the incident even though it was well and truly out in the public space and known about by everyone at Manly.

Manly have well and truly fucked the whole thing up... they should've just sacked him due to results and paid him out for 2023 instead of trying to get off cheaply.

Zero Tackle reporting: It has been reported that Seibold will come to Manly on a three-year deal

Man, that guy is like a cat. After getting paid most likely 6 years worth of salary for 18 months' work, he will now get three years' salary for likely less than 12 months' work. This guy has to be the poster boy for all things wrong with high level jobs.

There's a small part of (very small part of me) that will be watching with a keen eye to see how he goes at Manly.

Yes, it was a disaster while he was with us but we'll never know if that was because of his coaching or just a result of where the club was at and us needing a head coach to lead us back to the glory days (only the people within the club will know that). So I will be watching with a keen eye, Manly have got a formidable squad once Tommy is fit. Not sure there will be too many excuses for him if it goes tits up at Manly and he was pretty successful at Souths.

I know as a fanbase, we are very impatient. People were calling for Kevvie's head before he even had a chance to coach a roster that he assembled.

Mandy’s squad is poor outside of 3 or 4 good players and 2 absolute stars. Those two stars are also either old or broken. The club is also in turmoil. This is the Broncos all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • kiwibronco
  • Broncorob
  • blacknwhite
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.