NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep totally comparable situations. A player agent ex-Rooster is going to be so much better than a guy sitting on a non-NRL board and might have a conflict of interest three times a year independent to the week in, week out runnings or clubs and the murky world of salary cap shenanigans.

Not bias free though.

Ikin was also on the Cowboys board and how do you think Sam Walker got unprecedented coverage for a high schooler?

It’s a show, you just need to be an educated adult and know that bias and deduct it from the conversation. We’ve been doing it for 30 years with Gus.

You knew Ikin was best mates with Green and on the QRL board you knew he loved Ben and Sam Walker.

Not bias free though.

Ikin was also on the Cowboys board and how do you think Sam Walker got unprecedented coverage for a high schooler?

It’s a show, you just need to be an educated adult and know that bias and deduct it from the conversation. We’ve been doing it for 30 years with Gus.

You knew Ikin was best mates with Green and on the QRL board you knew he loved Ben and Sam Walker.

I don’t watch Gus and I don’t want to watch Anasta, both have massive conflicts of interest. Plus Ikin was professional enough to at least try and be objective and he also often would keep out of conversations on the show that he had a vested interest in, you know this. Anasta is their front and centre protecting his client’s and personal interests and getting in the way of important conversations because of his conflict of interest. If you can’t see the problem that’s on you really.

I don’t watch Gus and I don’t want to watch Anasta, both have massive conflicts of interest. Plus Ikin was professional enough to at least try and be objective and he also often would keep out of conversations on the show that he had a vested interest in, you know this. Anasta is their front and centre protecting his client’s and personal interests and getting in the way of important conversations because of his conflict of interest. If you can’t see the problem that’s on you really.

There is your mistake- thinking it’s important. The whole show is an ad for a website and the articles on there.

Hooper is the worst for yelling people down when he doesn’t like what they are saying, usually something true.

finch always did it too and would just ramble about something else because he was always wasted on drugs.

There is your mistake- thinking it’s important. The whole show is an ad for a website and the articles on there.
The articles then point you back to the show...

Pfft, Bloke in a Bar or bust. Sure there's bias but they at least give credit where it's due and call a spade a spade.

Pfft, Bloke in a Bar or bust. Sure there's bias but they at least give credit where it's due and call a spade a spade.
I have been enjoying this more and more. I tell you what though if you are a NRL player and these blokes don't say you are a gun, or a superstar or a freak then pack it up.

I have been enjoying this more and more. I tell you what though if you are a NRL player and these blokes don't say you are a gun, or a superstar or a freak then pack it up.
Kemp also believes in lots of worlds apparently.

"ya know, there's a world where..."

The amount of times he dropped that on Monday.

Judging by the tantrum Roosters old boy Bwaith just had on 360 when discussing if players salaries should be public to prove if there is anything sus going on I think that was close to confirmation.

He had the panic of a bloke who’s missus has his phone and he can’t remember if he deleted all the messages and dick pics.

I didn't see the show so I can't comment on Anasta's reaction, but I am interested in the way that this would be expected to prove guilt.

If you publish each team's cap aren't they just going to add up to 12.1 million? The Storm's cap in 2010 would have added up to 9 million on the dot.

I can't see how it's going to uncover any shady deals. People will just get to critique pay rates- is he worth $750k conversations.

The other point is it's not going to give the full story, you'd read Reynolds is on $800k but it's not going to say that 9 give him $100k and Triple M give him $75,000.

So the $800k will be debated and really, he's on $975K. They're not going to publish those deals.

It's just like a nosy neighbour thing- wanting to know your neighbour's pay.

Kemp also believes in lots of worlds apparently.

"ya know, there's a world where..."

The amount of times he dropped that on Monday.
Ha ha I thought the same thing. It was very funny.

I didn't see the show so I can't comment on Anasta's reaction, but I am interested in the way that this would be expected to prove guilt.

If you publish each team's cap aren't they just going to add up to 12.1 million? The Storm's cap in 2010 would have added up to 9 million on the dot.

I can't see how it's going to uncover any shady deals. People will just get to critique pay rates- is he worth $750k conversations.

The other point is it's not going to give the full story, you'd read Reynolds is on $800k but it's not going to say that 9 give him $100k and Triple M give him $75,000.

So the $800k will be debated and really, he's on $975K. They're not going to publish those deals.

It's just like a nosy neighbour thing- wanting to know your neighbour's pay.
It’s not a nosy neighbour thing. The point is if they are made public the transparency will put to bed the bullshit and at least stop the distrust.

At the very least it will show what a massive issue the salary cap is without a draft and will cause a conversation about how to make it fairer.

Why do you think the biggest comp in the world publish the salaries? Do you think they do it just because people are nosy?

It’s not a nosy neighbour thing. The point is if they are made public the transparency will put to bed the bullshit and at least stop the distrust.

At the very least it will show what a massive issue the salary cap is without a draft and will cause a conversation about how to make it fairer.

Why do you think the biggest comp in the world publish the salaries? Do you think they do it just because people are nosy?

How will it stop the distrust? Do you think a club is going to put in brackets- Boat delivered and house loan paid?

You're not catching any cheats by declaring pay.

That's a good point and I have thought of it- Are they trying to catch cheats?

How will it stop the distrust? Do you think a club is going to put in brackets- Boat delivered and house loan paid?

You're not catching any cheats by declaring pay.

That's a good point and I have thought of it- Are they trying to catch cheats?
Of course they aren’t going to put in how they are cheating but it highlights what is wrong. When you see say James Tedesco for example is on the cap for say 500k it awful shows there is shitfuckery or shows that they need to do something about the cap.

I have answered your question so will you answer the one you ignored in my previous post around why do you think the NFL do this?

Of course they aren’t going to put in how they are cheating but it highlights what is wrong. When you see say James Tedesco for example is on the cap for say 500k it awful shows there is shitfuckery or shows that they need to do something about the cap.

I have answered your question so will you answer the one you ignored in my previous post around why do you think the NFL do this?

I didn't ignore it I asked why they do it is it to catch cheats?

In that Tedesco case it's not going to tell you he gets 150k from other sponsors and really earns 650k.

It will never give you the full story.

Aren’t players supposed to be signing for market value? How are those players signing for so little but surviving in Sydney? We give Melbourne shit for boats but the Cowboys give people houses and the Roosters do whatever they do to get players there with no consequences. It’s bullshit.

There’s got to be some kind of ulterior motive behind the Roosters throwing a lifeline to Dylan Napa.. like it triggers a loop hole that opens a clause that frees up an additional $6 million of salary cap for them to spend

Aren’t players supposed to be signing for market value? How are those players signing for so little but surviving in Sydney? We give Melbourne shit for boats but the Cowboys give people houses and the Roosters do whatever they do to get players there with no consequences. It’s bullshit.
This is where the system is being let down.

The salary cap auditors are meant to be assessing any new contract against a player's valuation... and if it's well under the valuation they arent meant to register it.

I would allow some discretion for players re-signing, as they may be taking some unders to stay in the system and it would be harsh to say "nope you're now too valuable and have to sign somewhere else"... but new players wanting to come into a new system shouldn't be given the same leniency.

By signing a contract to change clubs you are signalling an intent to move clubs rather than wanting to stay and not uproot your life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mieko
  • the_next
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  • davidp
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.