NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Not NRL, but some bright spark in France decided to bring a bull to the Catalans game. The Catalans players wear red shirts 😆

On a side note with Superleague, Rhys Kennedy again barely getting any game time for Hull KR. He's really struggling in a side going really well.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Not NRL, but some bright spark in France decided to bring a bull to the Catalans game. The Catalans players wear red shirts 😆

On a side note with Superleague, Rhys Kennedy again barely getting any game time for Hull KR. He's really struggling in a side going really well.
I'm laughing at point 1 and point 2. @Huge would be devo.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Players could scarcely have imagined the chaos that would ensue from Catalans owner Bernard Guasch’s bright idea to have a pre-match parade featuring the animals to emphasise the quality of beef in the area.

Guasch, who is also the head of a meat processing company in the region, arranged for “three prize-winning bulls, as well as two cows from the same Gascon breed” to “perform a lap of honour during the warm-up” according to a club statement before the game.

What a dead set moron...... :rofl :rofl :rofl

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
surprise surprise hynes not charged for his hip drop

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the NRL are "reviewing closely" comments from the CEO of the Warriors major sponsor accusing the NRL and the refs of cheating.

even though he clearly said it (as it's on twitter), i'm not sure there is anything the NRL can do about it

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
the NRL are "reviewing closely" comments from the CEO of the Warriors major sponsor accusing the NRL and the refs of cheating.

even though he clearly said it (as it's on twitter), i'm not sure there is anything the NRL can do about it

What are they going to say? "Apologize for calling us cheats and now keep giving the sport money"

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

It’s ok, they get a reserve grade Broncos team in a few weeks. Poor Warriors

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012
This will get swept under the rug. Nothing to see here. Most people who think it's rigged have already made up their minds and the others don't want to see it. That being said, I'm pretty sure it is the Bunker more than the on-field refs. Do we know for certain that the named Bunker ref is there alone and not sitting back-seat until he needs to speak for the cameras?

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I've asked previously, but is there an independent sporting body that is capable / responsible for overseeing the integrity of professional competitive sport? There are groups that oversee certain aspects, like ASADA with performance-enhancing drugs, but otherwise are professional sports allowed to just self-govern without scrutiny? I guess the answer is the Independent Commission should be responsible for this, but as we know, the "Independent" part of the name is pretty much a joke, and I haven't anything about them in years. Has Vlandys quietly dissolved it, like Palpatine, using Covid as an excuse to take on Emergency Powers and just never handed back the reigns?

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Unrelated to the current conversation, but I wonder how many players will be going to the Roosters for their "culture" after the recent treatment of both Sam Walker and Joseph Sua'ali'i.

Both being totally thrown under the bus by the club in my opinion.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Unrelated to the current conversation, but I wonder how many players will be going to the Roosters for their "culture" after the recent treatment of both Sam Walker and Joseph Sua'ali'i.

What's happened to Suaalii?

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018

And it's not the first time either. I'm sure Pearce would have something to add.

I think we should also clarify though that when the players talk about going to the Roosters and taking a pay cut because of the clubs 'culture'. For 'culture' one should read money under the table/cash in a brown paper bag/cheap real estate/lucrative golf days/financial advice (insider trading) and incentives/salary bonuses with companies after their playing days are over.

It is indeed a culture. A culture of greed and corruption.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

Mam was dopped last year at the end of the season, Walsh played Cup in 21 after joining the Warriors.

It happens all the time.

A young half going back to Cup isn't new. He was back at magic round last week and didn't play Cup so he's getting closer to a recall.

McLennan questioning the Roosters maybe releasing Sua'ali'i. early isn't treating Sua'ali'i. badly. Rugby are just being annoying.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I don't think the Roosters will lose much with releasing Suaalii early. Sure, he's young, but very little of his game has stood out as a sign of him being elite. Being so young, you'd expect him to have improved rapidly while playing NRL, but again, I haven't seen anything like we saw Inglis, Folau etc do in their first year or two. Cobbo has improved far more IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • FACTHUNT
  • Midean
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.