Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
He copped a fine, not a week off.

To clarify, I'm not talking about the specific incident, I'm talking about the NRL asking the judiciary to have a look at something like this.

Atkins reaction was excellent I thought "Excuuuoise moi?!?" Thought I was watching an episode of super nanny or something
Ahh...I must mis-read somewhere...I thought he copped a suspension.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I believe the only way around this would be put a stop clock from when the ball leaves the player (kickin, passing) and when contact is made.
They way this is going is ridiculous, puting pressure on a player to make a play is such an integral part of the game, also most of us have a good sense when it’s late. Dangerous contact is a different thing.

Is it half a second? I don’t know the answer but there needs to be some sort of black and white rule.

The answer really is simple, just leave the game alone. Stop trying to change it into touch football.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Who was it here who said the judiciary isn't influenced by the NRL?

Josh Reynolds got no charge for yelling BS at Atkins, Abdo came out in the media and asked the MRC to review it. He then copper a grade 1 charge.

Abdo’s decision to step in marks the first time he or any member of the ARL Commission have used their power to refer matters for further inspection after it was introduced last March. The rule was used by Newcastle earlier this year when they wanted an Isaiah Papali’i hit on Jack Johns sent for further review. “There is a process under the judiciary rules that allows the board and CEO of a club or game to ask for the match review committee to further review an incident,” NRL head of football Graham Annesley said.

If he talked like that to a ref in Superleague he would be sitting out about 6 weeks.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
So I wonder if this team will be directed by Lord Vlando to have the privilege of Wayne Bennett being their inaugural coach?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This is still April Fool’s right?

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

ryan reynolds hd GIF

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Another dumb idea that they float, wait to see what the media & public think, and then quietly shelve when they realise how universally dumb it is believed to be.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Tbh, I don't mind it here...swearing directly at the Ref is a bad look for the game. I'll take issue if they take an interest in tackles etc.
Yep completely agree. He should have been fined or more in the first place. Especially on the same weekend that a ref (in soccer I think) had the shit kicked out of his on the field you can’t just let that go.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020

That would be an utter failure. It either needs to be another QLD team, I'd lean towards Ipswich, or possibly central coast NSW. I don't think the market is there for Perth outside of the benefits it would offer for TV timeslots.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
With AFL introducing a team to Tasmania it brings their comp to 19 teams.

I daresay they will be looking to bump that up to 20 as soon as possible and the only real area that is AFL supporting, but doesn't have a team is Darwin.

Considering the crowds that turn up to games in Darwin for NRL and there being literally no sporting teams there ... I wonder if it's on the radar... although I think they should be looking at Perth asap.

It could be on the AFL radar to round out their comp in every state across Australia

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
so we're now just over a 3rd of the way through the season. thoughts on which clubs are starting to think about other coaching options.

IMO there would be 3.

Dragons - it's no secret they are considering their options for next year.

Knights - have barely put up a fight since O'Brien took charge

Cowboys - Payten is into his 3rd season in charge, and looking at 2 bottom 4 finishes. there is a good chance , their management will be thinking it was the top 4 season that is the anomaly (at least some of their fans have started thinking this)

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Surely Titans are starting to think about their options?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
so we're now just over a 3rd of the way through the season. thoughts on which clubs are starting to think about other coaching options.

IMO there would be 3.

Dragons - it's no secret they are considering their options for next year.

Knights - have barely put up a fight since O'Brien took charge

Cowboys - Payten is into his 3rd season in charge, and looking at 2 bottom 4 finishes. there is a good chance , their management will be thinking it was the top 4 season that is the anomaly (at least some of their fans have started thinking this)

Didn't the Cows just re-sign Payten in the off season? If they continue on their downward trajectory though, I can see the question being asked at the end of the year.

Griffin is as good as gone, it's just a matter of when. With the Titans and Knights a close second for mine. Ironically, the Knights looked better without KP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • IceWorks
  • broncos4life
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Shane Tronc
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Johnny92
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Rowdy124
  • Fozz
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Jedhead
  • Rambstien
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.