NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just reading an article about Lomax. How the **** can any club be so stupid to pay him $800k a year. Its not wonder the Dragons are a basket case.

He also apparently wants out yet the Dragons are determined to hold him to that contract rather than attempt to fix their mistake

So what's the consensus thus far on Cameron 'Supercoach in the making' Ciraldo? They have been putrid all season (not just off the back of yesterdays flogging) - I actually tipped them for the 8 but they're on track to finish worse than last season with a much better roster.

Is he another Garth Brennan? I don't pay attention to other fan forums but is he copping any heat yet or are they giving him clemency for his first year?

So what's the consensus thus far on Cameron 'Supercoach in the making' Ciraldo? They have been putrid all season (not just off the back of yesterdays flogging) - I actually tipped them for the 8 but they're on track to finish worse than last season with a much better roster.

Is he another Garth Brennan? I don't pay attention to other fan forums but is he copping any heat yet or are they giving him clemency for his first year?

Seems like a dud to me but he took over a shithouse roster and a dysfunctional club. I had a look on the Kennel last night for the LOLs and they've certainly turned on him.

Think he's on a big contract so I don't think it makes sense for the dogs to cut him. Let him build something.

Seems like a dud to me but he took over a shithouse roster and a dysfunctional club. I had a look on the Kennel last night for the LOLs and they've certainly turned on him.

Think he's on a big contract so I don't think it makes sense for the dogs to cut him. Let him build something.

I thought they'd recruited reasonably well.

Especially at hooker. They should have improved, not gone backwards

Some Dogs fans had reservations early in the season but they have pretty much all turned on him now...i believe they now refer to him as "the assistant". It seems similar to Siebold with us with a few against him from the start but most hopeful but losing faith and turning on him (deservedly so) after some big losses, Ciraldo has just done it at twice the speed.

He really needs to turn things around quickly to change peoples minds...in his favour is the 5 year contract so he should at least get next season to prove his merit.

One thing for sure is he is certainly made Andrew Webster look like a shrewd choice

To be fair they've had a bad run of injuries. Kikau's been out most of the season, Thompson (their best prop) out all season, with a lot of 1-2 game casualties messing up their combinations. And of all the suggestion of there not being enough good players to sustain 17 teams, there is a worrying shortage of competent halves in the comp, and the Bulldogs desperately need a legit halfback.

But I've been death-riding them and their spending-spree recruitment tactic, as I just can't see how it would sit well with the rest of the squad (big money being thrown at mercenaries who are only there to collect the $$), Gould being the figurehead just makes it sweeter.

I thought they'd recruited reasonably well.

Especially at hooker. They should have improved, not gone backwards

Yeah, Mahoney was a good buy but their forward pack is still rubbish. They got one good prop who is out for the season. TPJ is overpaid and erratic.

Who else did they bring in though? Perham is just OK. Karl is too young.

Edit: forgot about Kikau. Good player but overpaid like TPJ.

I'm wondering if he's becoming a Seibold type i.e. has all the technical knowledge, etc. but lacking that man management to get the players to buy in and execute what he wants on the field.

I'd say they are seriously lacking a halfback... but so is 80% of the comp. Shoehorning Burton into the 7 jersey because he can kick a torp and then banking on an 18yr old running five eight, just screams of a coach that thinks he can manufacture a game managing halfback, but is finding out quickly that it's not so easy. They need some form of direction out there to get them through the gears.

Maybe he goes full ex-Panther and tries to get Cogger from Penrith... just to double down on the Seibold comparisons by getting a halfback from a better system and hoping it's what you need

Webster has got SJ firing, but at least he had something to start with.

I think we're just at the point of the season where teams like the dogs, tigers and Dragons who are literally no chance of playing finals have given up. That's obviously an attitude thing that is on the coach to fix, but I'd say he's still dealing with a few culture issues for the moment. He had them firing for a good portion of the season imo.

A good coach might not get results at a club like the Doggies while rebuilding, but i dont see any improvement in them at all.

A good coach might not get results at a club like the Doggies while rebuilding, but i dont see any improvement in them at all.
I'm with you - @Harry Sack I can't see much improvement in them at all. They've won 5 games and have a worse differential than the Tigers atm - that's with both teams getting flogged by 60 on the weekend. I don't see things getting better for them next year unless chicken sandwich goes up about 3 levels because outside of Burton, who isn't an organiser, who else have they got?

I'm just salty about them making my prediction look ghoulishly bad.

same boat as us from the pies era imo need a established 7 and clear the dead wood
At least we were stacked in the forwards. Their pack is pretty fucking average if you take out Kikau.

I'm with you - @Harry Sack I can't see much improvement in them at all. They've won 5 games and have a worse differential than the Tigers atm - that's with both teams getting flogged by 60 on the weekend. I don't see things getting better for them next year unless chicken sandwich goes up about 3 levels because outside of Burton, who isn't an organiser, who else have they got?

I'm just salty about them making my prediction look ghoulishly bad.

At least we were stacked in the forwards. Their pack is pretty fucking average if you take out Kikau.
Yeah, that's a fair point. I dunno, I guess injust saw some positives in their losses that haven't been there in the past. Early on anyway. They're short a few decent players 100%

It probably is too early to make a judgment on Ciraldo but the signs so far are not good. As others have mentioned though, the Dogs have nothing in the forwards aside from Kikau and he’s been out most of the season. But to rectify that, they’ve signed…Crichton?

As others have also mentioned, not own player there seems to have improved and many of them have clearly gone backward and that really is the only thing you can mark him on, meaning as said, the signs really aren’t good. That said, he’s got a bucket load of players there with clear attitude problems and combined could be toxic in JAC, TPJ, Mahoney and Sandwich.

They need to do some money hall signings but they’ve missed out on most of the ones that Paul’s have helped in the likes of Palasia, Kerr, etc.

TPJ is nothin' but poison.

I bought into the Bulldogs meme as well.

It's been a disappointing year all-round. Injuries certainly haven't helped, but Kikau and Thompson wouldn't magically make them a Top 8 side.

If anything Kikau looked like he was struggling outside of the Panthers system and Thompson has always looked like a bust.

Gus has his worked cut out for him. I can see a few 'medical' retirements and swap deals taking place to help make the roster look half decent. Looking at the team that took the field, there's 10 players there who I can see being moved on with Pangai Jr & Faitala-Mariner being the biggest names.

I bought into the Bulldogs meme as well.

It's been a disappointing year all-round. Injuries certainly haven't helped, but Kikau and Thompson wouldn't magically make them a Top 8 side.

If anything Kikau looked like he was struggling outside of the Panthers system and Thompson has always looked like a bust.

Gus has his worked cut out for him. I can see a few 'medical' retirements and swap deals taking place to help make the roster look half decent. Looking at the team that took the field, there's 10 players there who I can see being moved on with Pangai Jr & Faitala-Mariner being the biggest names.

Who can they replace them with though? Canterbury has been going for big name signings and not the solid guys which is what they desperately need in the forwards. Who is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.