NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait until we get into this territory with this rule change...change

Jasprit Bumrah 3

To be fair, we are already at that level with the tryline, in-goal and sidelines.
but at least those instances are during stoppages in play.. With these ones the referees will have to note the infringement as well as its proximity to the 40m line and rule either a penalty or a six-again on the run.

Penalties instead of 6 agains for offsides in the opposition's 40. 👍

Seems a bit of a funny one to me and as per many things lately from the NRL pretty inconsistent... offside in the opposition's 40 is now a penalty, but holding down or ruck infringement will remain a 6 again?
Sounds to me like teams won't be getting caught offside in the opposition's 40, they will just continue to hold down in the ruck.

So Joey "I'm the best centre in the world" Leilua is saying that one person is responsible for bad-mouthing him to every club (that's what his manager said anyway) and he signed with an overseas club not knowing they are a second-tier club. This is gold.

So Joey "I'm the best centre in the world" Leilua is saying that one person is responsible for bad-mouthing him to every club (that's what his manager said anyway) and he signed with an overseas club not knowing they are a second-tier club. This is gold.

What he also doesn't know is that HE is the one who bad mouthed himself to every club.

the NRL have announced some more changes for the upcoming season.

1. A free interchange will only be granted for serious acts of foul play – when an opposing player is sin-binned or sent off. this closes the loophole allowing teams to get a player on the field every time someone is placed on report

2. Teams announcing 22 players instead of 21 players each Tuesday afternoon. This has been added to complement the introduction of the 18th man last season.

3. Trainers are now only able to stop matches for a head injury. Only the referee, touch judges or the bunker will be able to halt matches because of an injury. Medical trainers retain unlimited access to the field to treat an injured player.

the NRL have announced some more changes for the upcoming season.

1. A free interchange will only be granted for serious acts of foul play – when an opposing player is sin-binned or sent off. this closes the loophole allowing teams to get a player on the field every time someone is placed on report

2. Teams announcing 22 players instead of 21 players each Tuesday afternoon. This has been added to complement the introduction of the 18th man last season.

3. Trainers are now only able to stop matches for a head injury. Only the referee, touch judges or the bunker will be able to halt matches because of an injury. Medical trainers retain unlimited access to the field to treat an injured player.

More good changes???? What is going on?? Of course it will still be exploited but these are good changes nonetheless.

The change to free interchanges still won't solve the issue of players/coaches/trainers exploiting the HIA rule. If anything it may cause a rise in sin-bins with players milking HIAs.

22 man team list may seem silly, but there were instances last season where the 18th man wasn't even named in the initial team line-up. I still think they need to make amendments to the 18th man rule, three HIAs still seems prohibitive.

The reason they gave trainers the ability to stop play was because Nene MacDonald fractured and dislocated his ankle and the referee's allowed Melbourne to play out their set. Limiting it to head-knocks just seems half-baked.

I'm glad that the opposition 40m is for both off-sides and ruck infringements. Originally I read it was only for the former which seemed silly. I'm still not sold on the set restart concept or the ability of one referee to police the 10m.

The change to free interchanges still won't solve the issue of players/coaches/trainers exploiting the HIA rule. If anything it may cause a rise in sin-bins with players milking HIAs.

22 man team list may seem silly, but there were instances last season where the 18th man wasn't even named in the initial team line-up. I still think they need to make amendments to the 18th man rule, three HIAs still seems prohibitive.

The reason they gave trainers the ability to stop play was because Nene MacDonald fractured and dislocated his ankle and the referee's allowed Melbourne to play out their set. Limiting it to head-knocks just seems half-baked.

I'm glad that the opposition 40m is for both off-sides and ruck infringements. Originally I read it was only for the former which seemed silly. I'm still not sold on the set restart concept or the ability of one referee to police the 10m.

Yep but at least these changes are good in theory.

80% of NSW NRL players have apparently already had covid. Roosters have had every player catch it. The Eels all but one of their top 30.

Assuming you can't catch it multiple times (who knows with this variant), might mean little disruption to the season.
Problem is, I think you can catch it multiple times.

Nelson Asofa-Solomona has returned to training for the Storm.

It's being reported that he has provided the “necessary and information and certification to comply with the requirements of the Victorian and Queensland governments to allow him to return for training and to play.”
The Storm haven't revealed whether he has been vaccinated or not.

Storm CEO, Justin Rodski says:

“It is great to have Nelson back at the club and back with his teammates,” Storm CEO Justin Rodski said.

“It has been a slightly interrupted build up for Nelson but importantly he has been completing his own individual training program over the last few months away from the club.”

“He has returned to training in good shape, and we are confident he will be ready for selection ahead of Round 1 of the season.”

NAS says:

“Pretty nervous to come back but really happy to be back with the boys,” Aosfa-Solomona said.

“I think I was more nervous about what I was in for, I knew the Storm wasn’t going to take it easy on me.

“Straight into weighing myself which is... pretty tough. Then into the yo-yo (testing), they put me through my paces straight away.

“As soon as I knew I was coming back to the Storm, I had a talk with ‘Bellza’ (coach Craig Bellamy) and Frank (Ponissi). I was stoked to be back and I’m 100 per cent on board this year.

“I feel like I’m ready (for Round 1), it’s just up to ‘Bellza’.”

Tino Fa’asuamaleaui named captain of the Titans for the 2022 season. he will be the youngest captain in the competition

Coach Justin Holbrook says:

“Tino is a natural leader and he has been that with us since he first arrived at the club,” Holbrook said via a club statement.

“He sets such high standards and I love that about Tino.

“He is someone who leads with his actions, he demands a lot of himself and others and they are great qualities in a captain.

“Tino is part of an exciting new wave of Titans that are invested in bringing success here to the Coast.

“He’s a player that has great respect from his peers, including our senior players like Kevin Proctor, Isaac Liu and Corey Thompson.”

CEO Steve Mitchell says:

“As a club we work to make our communities proud, to inspire them with energy and ultimately unite them through success,” he said.

“Tino is the embodiment of this and our value set, whether he is in a Titans jersey or out in our great community.

“He sets high standards around our core behaviours when it comes to our club values and his work ethic is phenomenal.

“We’re confident that Tino will be a wonderful leader for our club and we’re delighted for him and his family that he will get the opportunity this season.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Nerd
  • Skathen
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Gympie devil
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.